Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*talks as a random member of this community, and founder*

Please stop with the "Founder was promised to stay exclusive" "DE is bound by contract/law" argument. We were also said that the access to the Design Council was exclusive (and in fact to me that IS/was the most valuable part of the Founder Pack, that's why I bought it in the first place), and we lost that

All accessories for Prime Accesses were called "Exclusive", and now they aren't anymore.

And there wasn't a revolution because these exclusivities were ended. Because... this is fine.

I don't see why the Founder pack or Vandal exclusive or any exclusive is a "forever no" for DE (the FAQ says "No active plan", not "Never. Ever. Again. Whatever. Happens. Until. The. End. Of. Times."). The word "exclusivity" (meaning "forever exclusive") has already been broken -multiple times- for Warframe, and since a long time. And I'm fine with it. Most of the Community is fine with it. I think it's positive for the Community to move forward and let go the unnecessary avarice.

The only thing "problematic" that DE has to face, is the MEANING of exclusive content. The players who got those items firsthand should have a way to display this "meaning" as fashion. Fashion causes no gap in the Codex, Mastery, gameplay, game as a whole, but is ideal to display messages. Like "Yeah, I'm a CBT".

And those players with formerly "exclusive" content do not even have to be salty about it: they would gain during the process: cosmetic accessories/features, usable on the whole family of the same item, the liberty to display proudly their feat on other weapons than the exclusive one that they barely use, and the satisfaction to make other people happy and to make the game complete again, finally.

I also think that the poll is useless, since the result is obvious, but Rebecca was clear about their intention here: discuss. The poll results won't mean that DE will obey to the majority on that matter. They just give us the opportunity to discuss the nub of matter, consequences, possibilities, feelings, etc. And that's what we're doing. So, please don't feel threatened by what is said on this thread (or my replies). None here wants the CBT to be thrown away in complete disrespect (or any other "exclusive content owner" group). :)

From the Void, with love.

1 hour ago, main_antagonist said:

Do  you have a reading impairment?

Can't help but notice you didn't make reference or acknowledge where I said before PBR :)

Since you have trouble reading where I said that I just quoted myself.

If i am right .. there was no pbr at this moment.. no need to be ~rude.. 

10 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

*talks as a random member of this community, and founder*

Please stop with the "Founder was promised to stay exclusive" "DE is bound by contract/law" argument. We were also said that the access to the Design Council was exclusive (and in fact to me that IS/was the most valuable part of the Founder Pack, that's why I bought it in the first place), and we lost that

All accessories for Prime Accesses were called "Exclusive", and now their aren't anymore.

And there wasn't a revolution because these exclusivities were ended. Because... this is fine.

I don't see why the Founder pack or Vandal exclusive or any exclusive is a "forever no" for DE (the FAQ says "No active plan", not "Never. Ever. Again. Whatever. Happens. Until. The. End. Of. Times."). The word "exclusivity" (meaning "forever exclusive") has already been broken -multiple times- for Warframe, and since a long time. And I'm fine with it. Most of the Community is fine with it. I think it's positive for the Community to move forward and let go the unnecessary avarice.

The only thing "problematic" that DE has to face, is the MEANING of exclusive content. The players who got those items firsthand should have a way to display this "meaning" as fashion. Fashion causes no gap in the Codex, Mastery, gameplay, game as a whole, but is ideal to display messages. Like "Yeah, I'm a CBT".

And those players with formerly "exclusive" content do not even have to be salty about it: they would gain during the process: cosmetic accessories/features, usable on the whole family of the same item, the liberty to display proudly their feat on other weapons than the exclusive one that they barely use, and the satisfaction to make other people happy and to make the game complete again, finally.

I also think that the poll is useless, since the result is obvious, but Rebecca was clear about their intention here: discuss. The poll results won't mean DE will obey to the majority on that matter. They just give us the opportunity to discuss the matter core, consequences, possibilities, feelings, etc. And that's what we're doing. :)

From the Void, with love.

This is the way to discuss things and all tenno in this thread or in others should take example on this post. It's all well and good to say that it was given as a reward for whatever  reason but saying "just because" isn't a good argument at all.

As for my opinion on the matter : I didn't vote simply because I wasn't there for CB. However I am strongly against exclusive content but understand the reasons on keeping them exclusive. Bottom line I don't care what you do with them. If they are released then fantastic but if they aren't then too bad.

1 hour ago, markus230 said:

Thank you for your such objectivity. I'd definetly vote yes if poll was limited to CBT and Founders as we are the only groups that were promissed permanent exclusivity.

But DE instead of asking us if we want to give away our toys, asks other people if they should take away our stuff. And thats why I voted no. DE promissed CBT players exclusivity and should talk to CBT players about it, not ask other people if they should break that promise.

DE_Rebecca stated once that the cb - weapons would stay exclusive..

Nearly at the same time.. DE_Steve stated a possible comeback in a privat message to a founder..

So what? 2 Statements.. 2 different clarification´s = No promise

I´d could get them, at least the Braton. But i didn´t knew even about their existence. So here I am, without any of those. People are talking about "middlefingers" because, yeah, it´s "exclusive", but you know, it´s just fictional content. We, virtually, don´t have any of those "properties" in ANY virtual game. If you buy in Steam, the games are still owned by Steam, you just purchase the right to play them. 
So, what I´m trying to say is, we all know that Bradal and Ladal aren´t "op" or"top/god" weapons in ANY way. And CTB/Early OBT SHOULD have something that testifies that, HEY, i´m one of those first players! Look how cool I am! So... I´d give Bradal and Ladal again BUT in compensation, DE should give Sigils and Syandanas EXCLUSIVES TO THEM.

On 15.07.2016 at 0:38 PM, WaRsHooTer666 said:

DE_Rebecca stated once that the cb - weapons would stay exclusive..

Nearly at the same time.. DE_Steve stated a possible comeback in a privat message to a founder..

So what? 2 Statements.. 2 different clarification´s = No promise

Well, I didn't get any private message about it, all I've been told was that that stuff is exclusive. And still, that doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't do a poll for whole player base, because those weapons are not about dealing damage or being MR, those weapons are the only thing that reminds us of CBT and its our only way to prove that we were in CBT. Founders have a badge, a sigil and additional information in profile. Higher founders have special Frame and two weapons.

CBT only got us Lato and Braton Vandal, and now they want to take it away from us and that sucks, if they will do that they should at least give CBT players additional profile info just as Founders got and maybe a sigil or a syandana. If I'll get microscopic badge that looks like any other badge I'll stop spending money on this game

2 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I still fail to understand why does it matter so much.

Having at least one of those weapons: Braton Vandal or Lato Vandal indicates that THIS player have played Warframe back in 2013.

It's just a pixel but for some people (including me) means I've been there, I've did this, I've got a gift for participating Warframe in 2013.

Edited by Coverop

The Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal are just mastery fodder.

I'd like to max them and then proceed to throw them in the trash bin, and I think the poll shows that a lot of tenno would like to do the same.

More than that, I'm just glad Steve hammered home "no Excalibur Prime for consoles" during the stream.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Just now, Coverop said:

Having at least one of those weapons: Braton Vandal or Lato Vandal indicates that THIS player have played Warframe back in 2013.

It's just a pixel but for some people (including me) means I've been there, I've did this, I've got a gift for participating Warframe in 2013.

And thats where it should all have ended. But somehow De executives got themselves pushed around by mad collectors

2 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Well, I didn't get any private message about it, all I've been told was that that stuff is exclusive. And still, that doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't do a poll for whole player base, because those weapons are not about dealing damage or being MR, those weapons are the only thing that reminds us of CBT and its our only way to prove that we were in CBT. Founders have a badge, a sigil and additional information in profile. Higher founders have special Frame and two weapons.

CBT only got us Lato and Braton Vandal, and now they want to take it away from us and that sucks, if they will do that they should at least give CBT players additional profile info just as Founders got and maybe a sigil or a syandana. If I'll get microscopic badge that looks like any other badge I'll stop spending money on this game

calm down ..  DE is a Group / Company full of nice People!
They will surely reward CB-Player with something .. i am sure it will be a cool looking syandana.. or other things ..

AFTER 3 years of playing this game ... you should start to trust These People ... They did and will not Forget you cb-players or the founders!

Just now, Coverop said:

Then what if you actually played during that time but you didn´t know about them / you thought you couldn´t buy them because you hadn´t enough weapon slots? Those should just get a kick and done? It´s not fair in some points. As I said, if those weapons would be distributed again, just giving syandanas and sigils would fix it perfectly. You still get the "Hey, I played during that time! I´M CBT!", and everyone gets those weapons that aren´t really op or high tier. People would gain in both sides, and the argue would end forever. 

If the items are released, I expect the original owners to demand adequate compensation.

So sure release them, but with hefty conditions for acquirement + compensation to old players (I DO NOT have these vandals)

-MR lock

-Milestone

-Progression on starchart

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal are just mastery fodder.

I'd like to max them and then proceed to throw them in the trash bin, and I think the poll shows that a lot of tenno would like to do the same.

More than that, I'm just glad Steve hammered home "no Excalibur Prime for consoles" during the stream.

These weapon´s are beatiful designed trophys..  No one who does only want the mr-points deserves them...
There are People out there,which love this weapon.. And that should be the point

Just now, Driku said:

Then what if you actually played during that time but you didn´t know about them / you thought you couldn´t buy them because you hadn´t enough weapon slots? Those should just get a kick and done? It´s not fair in some points. As I said, if those weapons would be distributed again, just giving syandanas and sigils would fix it perfectly. You still get the "Hey, I played during that time! I´M CBT!", and everyone gets those weapons that aren´t really op or high tier. People would gain in both sides, and the argue would end forever. 

Lato Vandal gave you a free slot If I'm correct.

Braton Vandal was purchasable in market... so you could get it... If you had at least one free slot.

My problem with exclusive gear is the mastery points associated with them. If these items wouldn't count towards your MR, I'd be fine with older items staying exclusive. What bothers me is the knowledge that I can never catch up (in terms of mastery points) to early players no matter how long I play the game myself. MR, for better or worse, is the main progress indicator in the game and the fact that it's not tied to effort, skill or play time feels completely wrong to me. Warframe is the only game I know of that does that.

I would prefer it if exclusive collectors items wouldn't count towards mastery at all. And the same goes for Founders gear, I think it should absolutely stay exclusive, but it should be "cosmetic" and not effect your progress in the game.

PS: the poll seems kind of pointless given that there a 2 or 3 orders of magnitude more players that weren't in the closed beta.

Edited by SilentCircle

On 15.07.2016 at 0:51 PM, WaRsHooTer666 said:

calm down ..  DE is a Group / Company full of nice People!
They will surely reward CB-Player with something .. i am sure it will be a cool looking syandana.. or other things ..

AFTER 3 years of playing this game ... you should start to trust These People ... They did and will not Forget you cb-players or the founders!

I don't trust them because they are asking the wrong people. If they'd ask CBT and Founders, I'd vote yes, but because they are asking question that has obvious anwsers, I don't trust them. Its like asking community about releasing Founder stuff, ofcourse most of the players will vote yes for that. There are more normal players than founders, the outcome of the poll would be obvious.