Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, usedtokio said:

yes yes please return them

i had lato vandel once when i first started and sold it before i leveled it

now i regret it so much D:

Get in touch with support, they might be able to help.  I sold my excalibur prime, and they restored that.

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

not at all. I wasnt able to participate in founders becasue I didnt have a job at the time, so I missed out on getting the Prime of my favorite frame. I was just stating that this game is worth the money I have put into it early on even though I am not a founder.

cant understand why anyone would pay over 500 (insert your currency here) for a single game. however each to their own, you just made it sound like your contribution was significant, and if that was unintentional then perhaps not mention it at all in your reply

Just now, JeyciKon said:

Yes, BUT, give those who owned one from CB some skin

like change the vandals skin and give the old skin as a optional to the players that owned it from the closed beta.

Like original owners can use a vandal skin on any other standard/prime/wraith/future/etc. version of the weapon, everyone else has to use the vandal to get that look?

1 minute ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

cant understand why anyone would pay over 500 (insert your currency here) for a single game. however each to their own, you just made it sound like your contribution was significant, and if that was unintentional then perhaps not mention it at all in your reply

I was pointing out that I have been playing very early on in the game and have spent alot of money on it, more then some founders did. When I started playing the Founder program was still going on(becasue it got extended about a month or so past the open beta release)

I wouldn't mind the Braton returning since it was only available during a very small period, and wasn't exactly the most known-about thing.

I'm a little on-the-fence about the Lato Vandal. The weapon pretty much acts as a badge showing that you were involved in Warframe's closed beta tests. While I don't personally mind a return, I can see plenty of people wanting it to retain its exclusivity. A good compromise is to make Lato Vandal available again, and give closed beta members a new sigil/badge/syandana to represent their participation during the game's infancy.

I voted "yes" only due to the MR affinity involved.

Personally, I've always liked that DE held to it's guns and maintained that certain items would never come back due to respect for certain players (IIRC Closed Beta Players are the only ones that got this as a thank you)  and it makes me a bit sad that you guys are considering going back on this.

I am only missing four items in the game, the fore mentioned vandals and the two founders guns. We all know the founders gun wont make a return by now, but I would LOVE to complete my Vandal collection.

Edited by -InV-Skitz0

Regarding the Lato Vandal; if it were to return, in my opinion there should be something small given to the Closed Beta players, such as a shoulder Emblem. I personally think there still needs to be some way to signify who the technical first players were. As for Braton Vandal, that's up to anyone else's opinion, though to me it does not seem as significant as Lato. Braton was available in Open Beta, as in current Warframe at one point (regardless of being the first weekend). Make of that what you will.

---

7 hours ago, StarSnake said:

Oh god... i feel bad things will happen here.

Then consider feeling something else. This topic is not as heated as Founder's gear, and many people seem to share a similar opinion that these weapons should return, even those who own both. It's not going to descend into flame and I am confident when I say this.

Edited by LazerSkink

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Regarding the Lato Vandal; if it were to return, in my opinion there should be something small given to the Closed Beta players, such as a shoulder Emblem. I personally think there still needs to be some way to signify who the technical "first" players were. As for Braton Vandal, that's up to anyone else's opinion, though to me it does not seem as significant as Lato. Braton was available in Open Beta, as in current Warframe at one point (regardless of being the first weekend). Make of that what you will.

---

Then consider feeling something else. This topic is not as heated as Founder's gear, and many people seem to share a similar opinion that these weapons should return, even those who own both. It's not going to descend into flame and I am confident when I say this.

Something exclusive for them to make up for it would make sense.

I'm for the return of these weapons.

The only argument against would be their meaning (i.e: 'i was there in the closed Beta'). I would understand this feeling, and a special skin to show this fact would fix the problem. A special wonderful skin for closed beta owners of these weapons, to display on their Lato and Braton families, which means that yeah... There were there. They fought aaaaall these battles. :)

My stance is the same for Founders items. I am one of them, and I would be ok with people getting those items in the future, against a whole set of exclusive ornaments for us Founders, to be able to display our contribution to the game on those items, but also with other frames (Founder Syandana / Armor Set / Animation Set with special visual effects? Well, the kind of things you can equip on other frames and look like... heh... a Founder).

/my opinion.

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

At the end of Prime Time #126, Steve discussed a very old but simple topic: returning the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal.

At around the 58m56s mark, Steve asks about the Vandal Situation.

In this poll, we ask you how you would feel if these weapons that currently signify Closed Beta and Open Beta Weekend attendance returned to be acquired by current players.

This poll is rooted in opinion and feeling, so feel free to elaborate as well.
This poll also isn't necessarily a promise to return them, just a follow up to the Stream's discussion.

Thanks!

Thanks but i  want the return of community hot topics polls. 

Every game i played as a founder in games from several game developers had exclusive founder gear.

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy

Just gonna repeat what's already been stated a hundred times: I'm fine with them being brought back, but the closed beta testers should at least be granted a cosmetic item of some sort to compensate. Mostly just to avoid backlash.

Though it'll sadden me a little to see 99.9% of people level up these weapons only to put them back on the shelves to collect dust. The Braton Vandal is really only a half-decent rifle, and the Lato Vandal just plain sucks.

It's about time we're putting an end to this, though.

Edited by Roachester
Words.

I want them vandals back.
Founders pack are the only thing that's exclusive so please don't feel entitled about the rest.
You could however, get a CBT player sigil or badge. That's it...

57 minutes ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

Logging-in everyday requires like... zero effort. How about getting them upon reaching a certain in-game number of hours played?
Delivered to your inbox fully potatoed?
This would open up other exciting stuff via milestone log-in rewards that would otherwise be useless for those who have them already.

ie:
  • Lato Vandal rewarded for those who have or reached 1000 hrs of play time.
  • Braton Vandal rewarded upon reaching 2000 hrs etc.

Edited by Oranji