The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, _Doe_ said:
  • if they release these weapons again what is it going to be worth?
  • whats any weapon in game going to be worth? no weapon will matter!
  • when everyone gets these weapons will you care?
  • will you care to login in the future if you have a chance of getting an exclusive weapon?
  • having exclusive weapons is more likely to keep players around because they have a chance of having one in the future..
  • it would be a shame to see these weapons again because fighting for that special weapon at that time and place will mean nothing.. as you say "Mr Fodder"
  • not playing anymore and putting the game down will not matter because you can get anything all the time!

This is true but as someone who played 16hrs a day before I discovered I could never reach 100% collection or Mastery and then lost most interest in collecting items, reducing the plat spent on "saving" items. there should be some kind of solution for closing that gap.

20 hours ago, Unus said:

Personally? The Lato Vandal was a free gift for all those boys and girls in the old guard who made this game as playable as possible for free. The Braton Vandal however? SOLD during that same span of time. Therefore, it is very clear to me that the Lat Van should remain out of reach until the last Founder leaves Warframe while the Bra Van should return once again to be taken by those who can afford through time or money. Since there was no way for me to express this halfway nature, I was forced to select yes. My two cents, feel free to poke it fulla holes.

Being a founder and participating in closed beta have literally zero things to do with each other. I haven't poked your suggestion full of holes, I blew it up entirely.

I am for returning the vandals mainly because consoles never even got a chance at them.  

On the founder issue..the only thing that bothers me is founder access closed one week before ps4 version even launched and again we did't get a chance at them.

Only thing I have right now that hasn't been avalible is Laton wraith and I'm really glad it's coming back for everyone to enjoy.

Edited by (PS4)I420t

3 hours ago, syle said:

i played when braton vandal was in market

i didn't buy it because i didn't know about it

but i do not think they should return

they should stay as iconic weapons

I have exactly the same situation with Braton Vandal, didn't buy it because didn't know about it. But in this reason it should be able to obtain once again.
You and me, and the same players deserve BV, because they do not get it by stupid accident. What's so iconic in weapon, that many closed beta testers have not received, because of they didn`t informed proper?
BV should be available to all players of open beta.

But LV - a completely different thing, it really is iconic.
And, in my humble opinion, it should remain so.

2 minutes ago, keensight_JDS said:

I have exactly the same situation with Braton Vandal, didn't buy it because didn't know about it. But in this reason it should be able to obtain once again.
You and me, and the same players deserve BV, because they do not get it by stupid accident. What's so iconic in weapon, that many closed beta testers have not received, because of they didn`t informed proper?
BV should be available to all players of open beta.

But LV - a completely different thing, it really is iconic.
And, in my humble opinion, it should remain so.

Why should it matter how other people dress their Digital Barbie Dolls? This exclusive item BS has divided the community to the point of it being a Racial Issue. Everyone should have equal access to everything. Make Braton/Lato Vandal a Sortie reward like the other Vandal/Wraith Weapons and like others said about Founder Items I wouldnt mind paying $250 for it minus Dev Chat and Founder Sigil.

The weapons aren't that good even, the only reason we use them is for the nostalgia now a days and after that they hold a slot that's it. It's a trophy not something that will turn the tables in a pvp/pve match.

I wouldn't feel good if everyone got one in the mail but if everyone had to do a quest for them, I guess that would make up for that.

Still feels like a kick to the nuts for some reason, I mean we got it for being there at the time not for waiting a few years to get something that will not do any type of good damage.

I don't know still feels like you shouldn't just receive it for waiting a few years, I feel like they should reward the mastery for them and leave it at that.

It's a trinket.

I wasn't compensated for my wraiths.. Any of them. Or any of my vandals, as they were all from the original events. No special skin or sigil for me, or anyone else who did it. Why TF would you original owners be "compensated" for re-releasing the Braton?

Seriously?

Honestly, that logic is $&*&*#(%& and rather childish.

Everyone else lost their wraith/vandal prestige when the rest were re-released, what makes you so special?

Edited by Foxhound4

27 minutes ago, Foxhound4 said:

I wasn't compensated for my wraiths.. Any of them. Or any of my vandals, as they were all from the original events. No special skin or sigil for me, or anyone else who did it. Why TF would you original owners be "compensated" for re-releasing the Braton?

Seriously?

Everyone else lost their wraith/vandal prestige when the rest were re-released, what makes you so special?

^This. Im completely sick of the Special Snowflake Mentality 

3 hours ago, Tsoe said:

75% of player dont have them... this poll is a joke

Yeah. I guess they just wanted to release it again and want to use the community as an excuse.

I mean, what result were you going to get when you ask, "Do you guys want to get a free weapon that you missed?"

I think DE should just stop making anything exclusive because at this point everything will be released later on. Is not cool to get people excited over something, to get people to do a lot of work, in some cases, and then put that stuff out in an extremely easy way to get it later on. 

I just missed the opportunity to get the bugged kubrows and, sure, i want to get a chance right now at trying to get it but im not going to go on and on for years later asking for them.

I missed it and i move on.

My advice in -any- case would be to not have absolute exclusives ever again, it's been years now since the Founders program ended and the Excalibur Prime debate is -still- going on, it never fails to come up in any exclusive discussion, because a lot of people, me included, want a shot at that damnable frame.

And yes, off course, I am also guilty of bring Excal Prime up, hell, I did so on the previous page, the exclusivity of the Founder stuff, it only breeds 2 mentalities, Hunter and up Founders who never want to see Excalibur Prime again, and the rest of us who are generally divided between people that want that frame, as well as people who don't really give a damn.

55 minutes ago, Foxhound4 said:

Seriously?

I dont have either the lato nor the braton vandal, I did have all the original other weapons in their respective first event

althought I agree they should have just never released them all again or compensated those that got it the first time

I feel that we should have been compensated and because these weapons were milestone rewards, it means even more than event weapons according to DE

I do disagree about this considering the Alpha was exclusive to a group of people and for the Closed Beta those people could just buy it for 1 credit and no effort had to be made to get it, I have a friend who owns the Braton Vandal and he hardly ever played the game but he does have that weapon, the event weapons cost a whole lot more effort to obtain...

2 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

and for the Closed Beta those people could just buy it for 1 credit and no effort had to be made to get it, I have a friend who owns the Braton Vandal and he hardly ever played the game but he does have that weapon, the event weapons cost a whole lot more effort to obtain...

Preech it!

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

My advice in -any- case would be to not have absolute exclusives ever again, it's been years now since the Founders program ended and the Excalibur Prime debate is -still- going on, it never fails to come up in any exclusive discussion, because a lot of people, me included, want a shot at that damnable frame.

And yes, off course, I am also guilty of bring Excal Prime up, hell, I did so on the previous page, the exclusivity of the Founder stuff, it only breeds 2 mentalities, Hunter and up Founders who never want to see Excalibur Prime again, and the rest of us who are generally divided between people that want that frame, as well as people who don't really give a damn.

I wouldn't mind there being exclusive stuff, but the fact that all my once-thought-to-be-exclusive stuff is not exclusive at all anymore makes me feel the only 5 items I never obtained are the 3 primes and 2 vandals that they kept exclusive...

there is no way back to giving those loyal players who did every event give their exclusivity on their items back

also they have said that the Excalibur Prime would be exclusive for founders... they have never said they couldn't just re-open the Founders program as they never claimed that would be exclusive, they just mentioned they were going to close it, can't remember they said forever into eternity

8 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

I wouldn't mind there being exclusive stuff, but the fact that all my once-thought-to-be-exclusive stuff is not exclusive at all anymore makes me feel the only 5 items I never obtained are the 3 primes and 2 vandals that they kept exclusive...

there is no way back to giving those loyal players who did every event give their exclusivity on their items back

also they have said that the Excalibur Prime would be exclusive for founders... they have never said they couldn't just re-open the Founders program as they never claimed that would be exclusive, they just mentioned they were going to close it, can't remember they said forever into eternity

My Gradivus Brakk isn't even slightly exclusive anymore either, any donkey who gets lucky with the three grineer stooges can get it now, exclusivity only breeds contempt.

Those who have it, don't want others to ever have what they have, while those who don't have it and never will have it, may end up resenting the very sight of an Excalibur Prime in a mission, it's stupid and volatile, it only shows off a childish mentality of ''Nanananana, you can't have it!''.

Just look at the forum or ingame, PC players who joined post founders, PS4 players, Xbone players, countless of them across all platforms have voiced their dislike of the Founder item exclusivity.

Edited by Artorius-Alter