The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15.07.2016 at 11:00 PM, -Voltage- said:

having sentimental value over a friggin bunch of pixels is ridiculous. I havnt seen a single player use Lato/Braton since i started over a year ago. This is a video game, if you have value over being somewhere at a certain time, in a video game, get a life. Its just a game. Let newer blood have chances at things.

Its funny how you tell me to get a life, yet you spend your time "fighting for better future, without those two useless weapon that Im not even going to use whole world is going to be doomed"

At least admit it that you just want the weapons because you hate the fact that you can't get them. Stop using arguments like "many friends of mine left the game because they couldn't have got 5 out of 300 items int he game". Lets be real, noone does that, how would new player even find out about those 5 exclusive items? Many old players have no idea that Braton and Lato Vandal even exist. And I doubt new player would scroll through whole wiki before playing the game

Sentimental value can be attached to anything, and since I like the game that I played for such a long time, these items remind me how the game looked like back then. OP rollers, Nervos, Corpus Announcer, English speaking Grineer and so on. I've got a life, and I doubt that liking a game a lot changes that fact. Instead of insulting people maybe start talking like a normal person?

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Exclusives just bring out the salty tears in all those that couldn't get their hands on it. There are so many exclusives in game. The most recent being the Tennocon goodies. In this world, there are those that deserve what they have, and to show for their effort, status, or affiliation, they're given perks that others don't have. It's the same in life as well. Sounds like someone wasn't allowed at the exclusive cool kids club at school.

Cosmetics exclusives are fine, gear ones should never be permanent. 

Also, are you talking to me about the cool kids club? Cause being a founder would allow me to show off a lot as part of the most exclusive group in Warframe, but still I'd find it silly to do so. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I would put the vandals in the same category as not being game changing. It's not as if they're OP to any degree over the other variants.

As I said, they are game changing because they are a better version of their counterparts and they contribute to mastery. Granted it is little mastery but it still contributes to it. Also any weapon can be good in Warframe, being OP is not the most important thing in this game, the important thing is if it is fun.

Also I did state that very few people that have them use them. If they are just dust collectors then re-release them so that people that want to use them can and before you say that people still use them, I haven't seen a single braton vandal or lato vandal since I started playing 2 years ago. Besides they don't use them because they aren't "OP to any degree over the other variants".

I'd say, yes, yes re-release them. quit it with this exclusive nonsense...

I have to oppose the idea of having them as a login reward.
not only are the weapons not that great, but there is no real "earning" in it like some people are saying.
I much rather see the other idea people had with giving closed beta testers an emblem/sigil that would be unique. (what it should have been from the start)
and then doing whatever with the Vandal weapons.

why not connect one of them in to an in-game quest that introduces new players in to the idea of the same weapon having different versions.
I don't know, something like that. or you could be lazy and just throw it in to a Sortie for the sake of over saturation in the market... blergh

as for the complains about founders, I don't have much else to say then, DE's biggest mistake was making starter gear founder exclusive.
I remember putting out the idea of founders having a more council looking Excalibur with no mastery earned from leveling the gear, but I was only met with a mass of scornful people

I know it's been said a billion times that founders gear will never return, but damn it just give us something none Mastery related and release that garbage
just so that everyone new and old can be at the same level in the game with out whining about exclusives all the time.

I think these should be released as these were not a paid for reward or exclusivity. Just for those who played the Beta while you're at DE it please re-release the Dex weapons every time you seem to release them i have missed out 3 years in a row now :(

Don't bring them back.

I don't have them, and apparantly the people who do (at least some of them) are getting pissed off if they were getting back.

These are some of the few items that only the very early players have, For the rest of us, it's only mastery, then on the shelf to collect dust.

Leave them be, so they have some value for those who have them.

[/edit] Meaningless poll btw, everyone can predict the outcome here.

Edited by Spookmineer

26 minutes ago, Spookmineer said:

For the rest of us, it's only mastery, then on the shelf to collect dust

I'm curious how you know the decisions of millions of players. Saying that people will never use them is not true. Of course there will be some that just want the mastery, but that doesn't mean everyone will. The Lato is my favorite secondary in the game. So I would most definitely use the Lato Vandal and/or any other Lato they put out. And it may surprise you how many others would use it as well.

30 minutes ago, Spookmineer said:

apparantly the people who do (at least some of them) are getting pissed off if they were getting back.

Most of the comments in this thread are suggesting to give Closed Beta players compensation in the form of cosmetics (Sigils,Badges,Profile icons etc). That way they still get to show there Loyalty, but can do so without it affecting MR and keep people from collecting or using special variants of there favorite weapons.

30 minutes ago, _Doe_ said:

wow this really is an angry army of want, want, want, give it to me now!.. let me just get my ember and ill ignite some fires!

Th real greedy ones are the ones who want to be special for something other people can't have. They also tend to up its each others posts.... 

I actually want to change my vote to no now. Someone posted a link to a PC gamer article about how Warframe made it here and it touched my feels. I think founders should get some more free stuff and we should have a Warframe Founders Day. That's how important I think founders are.

3 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I actually want to change my vote to no now. Someone posted a link to a PC gamer article about how Warframe made it here and it touched my feels. I think founders should get some more free stuff and we should have a Warframe Founders Day. That's how important I think founders are.

The topic of this thread are braton vandal and lato vandal. Steve has stated on this week's prime time that they cannot re-release the founder gear.

2 minutes ago, Plushy said:

hahahaahaha. Good one, wait your not joking? But in all seriousness words can be deceiving and I think founders have what they paid for nothing more nothing less. Also plushy why are you talking about founders were voting on Vandal weapons? 

2 minutes ago, Albalrogue said:

The topic of this thread are braton vandal and lato vandal. Steve has stated on this week's prime time that they cannot re-release the founder gear.

Well we are basically talking about Founders and all the people who helped get Warframe started and rolling and I think we should let them be the cool kids with the old shiny weapons. They kinda deserve them. The rest of us don't.

On 15/07/2016 at 3:26 AM, LoopStricken said:

If they do come back, please buff them to make them usable.

Edit: I have the Lato, but missed out on the Braton because I didn't know it was in the Marketplace. :<

This is another of my main reasons for wishing they were returned as log in rewards! 

I own the Lato Vandal but I did not pick up the Braton Vandal. Didnt notice it in the market at the time.

I voted yes. I really don't mind if other people get these items. Im not really a fan of items staying exclusive forever. It would be nice to get a syandana or a sigil for being in closed beta however even without that my vote is still yes.

7 minutes ago, Plushy said:

Well we are basically talking about Founders and all the people who helped get Warframe started and rolling and I think we should let them be the cool kids with the old shiny weapons. They kinda deserve them. The rest of us don't.

Besides having played at a specific time, CBT didn't contribute much. In any case they didn't contribute more than today's players. If they want to stay cool kids then that's fine, just give them cosmetics in stead of actual equipment.

1 minute ago, Plushy said:

We are not talking about founders at all. Period.

keep bringing that up is just muddying the waters.

TBH I'm not even sure why the arguments still going on, the community has spoken, 85% to 15%, it's pretty conclusive.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

TBH I'm not even sure why the arguments still going on, the community has spoken, 85% to 15%, it's pretty conclusive.

Conclusive that 85% of the community are thirsty for loot.

tumblr_inline_nsmbh50fjV1ty88dw_500.jpg

18 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

This thread isn't a simple "vote yes to get us to re-release them".

From the opening post: 

"In this poll, we ask you how you would feel if these weapons that currently signify Closed Beta and Open Beta Weekend attendance returned to be acquired by current players.

This poll is rooted in opinion and feeling, so feel free to elaborate as well.
This poll also isn't necessarily a promise to return them, just a follow up to the Stream's discussion."

They also want people to discuss it and come up with idea's that could work with the community of people who have the weapons.

---------------------------------------

Also for people asking about Founders stuff in this thread, this is not what this topic is about.

There is a difference between the closed and open beta tester weapons which were available in-game and got through the game and founders, which was only available for real money.

Just because these weapons could come back, doesn't mean it suddenly opens the door for Founders to return. The items given to founders for supporting the game in the beginning will remain exclusive to those people. 

5 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

This thread isn't a simple "vote yes to get us to re-release them".

From the opening post: 

"In this poll, we ask you how you would feel if these weapons that currently signify Closed Beta and Open Beta Weekend attendance returned to be acquired by current players.

This poll is rooted in opinion and feeling, so feel free to elaborate as well.
This poll also isn't necessarily a promise to return them, just a follow up to the Stream's discussion."

They also want people to discuss it and come up with idea's that could work with the community of people who have the weapons.

---------------------------------------

Also for people asking about Founders stuff in this thread, this is not what this topic is about.

There is a difference between the closed and open beta tester weapons which were available in-game and got through the game while founders was only available for real money.

Just because these weapons could come back, doesn't mean it suddenly opens the door for Founders to return. The items given to founders for supporting the game in the beginning will remain exclusive to those people. 

Either Everyone should get a chance of having it or no one should have it. Exclusive Barbie Dolls has breed toxicity in this community and people will not stop asking for Founder's unvaulting all the way to the day Warframe shuts down.

On 16.07.2016 at 3:34 PM, NovusNova said:

We don't know that. Lato and Braton also were "forever exclusive never coming back ever", yet here we are. Thats why people started asking about Founders gear.

We also see many Founders that are ready to give away their exclusive weapons and frame

On 16.07.2016 at 2:55 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Th real greedy ones are the ones who want to be special for something other people can't have. They also tend to up its each others posts.... 

Its double edged sword. While I think that CBT weapons should come back, I think we should get something in return. But just as you can say I am greedy because I want something in return, I can say that you are jealous of my exclusive stuff. Such argument gets us nowhere

Edited by markus230

11 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Conclusive that 85% of the community are thirsty for loot.

tumblr_inline_nsmbh50fjV1ty88dw_500.jpg

The entire premise of the game is to acquire loot. This pole is about specific loot, poor neglected loot that hasn't seen the light of day in about 3 years. Some will claim its a badge, although they never wear it, which says everything about their true motivations for wanting to keep it from the majority.