Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

I'm for the return of these weapons.

The only argument against would be their meaning (i.e: 'i was there in the closed Beta'). I would understand this feeling, and a special skin to show this fact would fix the problem. A special wonderful skin for closed beta owners of these weapons, to display on their Lato and Braton families, that yeah... There were there. They fought aaaaall these battles. :)

My stance is the same for Founders items. I am one of them, and I would be ok with people getting those items in the future, against a whole set of exclusive ornaments for us Founders, to be able to display our contribution to the game on those items, but also with other frames (Founder Syandana / Armor Set / Animation Set with special visual effects? Well, the kind of things you can equip on other frames).

/my opinion.

That negates the whole point of them even bringing these back. Bringing back exclusive stuff then replacing it with new exclusive stuff would be pointless. It would then be a new cycle of people wanting things they cannot get. Imo

Just now, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

That negates the whole point of them even bringing these back. Bringing back exclusive stuff then replacing it with new exclusive stuff would be pointless. It would then be a new cycle of people wanting things they cannot get. Imo

Well if its just a skin for closed beta people then its not that bad imo.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Interesting point that maintains a meta-signifier of sorts.

400 and 500days seem too excessive though. I have been actively playing warframe since ps4 release (Nov15 2013) but now I have a life and don't always have a possibility of logging in every day (even if it takes 30s).

(or at least improve Phone app to count log-ins)

As for the return of Braton and Lato Vandals. I was among the ones who pre-ordered warframe on ps4 and got Obsidian Braton skin (basically Renown pack 0.1). This exclusive skin was just given away for everyone few months ago and I had no problems with it. I don't see why not release Braton and Lato vandals as well.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

I feel the Braton Vandal should definitely return.

EDIT: Initially I was on the fence about the Lato Vandal, but after reading some of the replies in this thread I feel it would be best left Exclusive to Closed Beta players.

Edited by currentsun

I'm in favor, but not because of Mastery points.

There are any number of ways that those mastery points could be worked into the game in other places.

I am just on the outside of those two weapons, looking in. I learned about the game and started playing just after the window for those items had closed.

My argument:

As a general rule, I'm entirely fine with items being exclusive for a time. These items hold great meaning for the people who were part of the "original minting," and they deserve to get some mileage out of that. At the same time, eventually consideration must be made for carrying on the memory of these things: where they came from, what they represent, their story.

I look at it in the same way I look at antiques, heirlooms, and other precious possessions that derive their value from time and place. These items are often passed on, reproduced, and given tribute because it is an effective way to help preserve the story that they hold.

I think items like the Braton and Lato Vandal serve a similar function for Warframe. Listening to Steve talk about it on the stream tonight really brought that home for me; these things have a story that deserves to be shared and preserved.

By all means, let's make sure that "those who were there" have some sort of special distinction for having been part of the beginning. Let's also help preserve the memory of that special time by letting others partake of it.

Edited by notlamprey
lil' clarity

I don't own either weapons, but i am on the fence on this.

On one hand, it gives other players another option of weapon choice. BV and LV can be put on large milestones numbers so people have something to work with. Original owners of the weapon.... Maybe an exclusive syndana or badge? I would like to think people's main concern with these 2 weapons are the mastery...

However, there will be backlash regardless, and im slightly concern with a sudden flux of founders package return post, using this as a stepping stone. There should be some kind of exclusivity for long time participants i feel.

And in the long run, a few thousand mastery won't make alot of difference.

Personally i would like it to return but i understand if it doesnt.

Edited by 321agemo

4 minutes ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

Skins are only cosmetic and is essentially justbling while weapons can be used and contribute to mastery.

I personally would love this since i wasnt playing back then when those weapons were available,why not put them as log-in rewards (like the guy at the top said) that way we will get them by  commitment to the game,  besides we already got Snipetron Vandal (a pretty old weapon) so i cant see any problem with bringing back Lato and Braton Vandal 

I do not own them and voted no. DE should keep with their word. Exclusives are exclusives. A promise is a promise.

Was it a mistake to make them that exclusive? Maybe. But one learns from his mistakes.

Edited by Genoscythe

Just now, oshunter124 said:

Was more or less referring to the exclusive founder stuff he mentioned. The founder stuff is not actually that great in its current condition atm so getting exclusive armor and such would be a upgrade imo and would just start a new cycle of people wanting founders items because they can never get them. 

2 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

On one hand, it gives other players another option of weapon choice. BV and LV can be put on large milestones numbers so people have something to work with. Original owners of the weapon.... Maybe an exclusive syndana or badge? I would like to think people's main concern with these 2 weapons are the mastery...

I would much rather have Braton/Lato Vandal remain forever unavailable than have original owners get exclusive cosmetics.

Mostly because realistically I'll never use either of those weapons, where a cosmetic, I can. Although I don't actually care about Mastery.

4 minutes ago, oshunter124 said:

These weapons pretty much *are* skins already, but just with mastery attached to it. The Braton Vandal, for example, is roughly equal to a Braton Prime. The Lato Vandal, while better than the stock Lato, isn't some god-tier weapon. If it gets given out for nothing people will rank them up and never touch them again. If people are just going to let them rot anyways I'd rather they not be given out unless it's at some large effort, like, as others have said, a very high login reward.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

Except that there would be no more argument "there is something that we cannot get and that is playable".

Of course people always want what they can't get, but there, it would just be a fashion envy, not something that creates a gap in the game structure.

From what I've seen in the forums these many years, people are more inclined to tolerate exclusive cosmetics than exclusive playable items. Because even if they crave to have them, they understand that this is not a part of the mechanics of the game itself.

At least, this is my conviction. That's why I think that the Lato and Braton Vandal should return. Without them, there is a fissure in the Codex, Mastery and the whole game itself. Those items are not even the most powerful, this is just for the principle: the integrity of the game.

31 minutes ago, CanNIbAL...15 said:

Ready for a S#&$storm from founders.

It wasn't even Founder exclusive lol. 

Anyway, if these items were to return, I think the Braton Vandal should at least return. It was there during Open Beta Weekend and since we're all technically still in Open Beta, it's fair game.

As an old player that never got them, I'd say yes, bring them back, "it's like a badge for beta players" and what that badge do ? just sitting in the inventory from years ? Dont make me laugh. These weapons deserve to be played  If they got a rebalance, I would be glad to see them more often,  I played from 3 years and 2 months and I NEVER saw any of those. even when I started playing. so yeah, I'd be happy to see them obtainable for anyone. It's not like they'll break the SomaP-BoltorP-Tonkor meta.

Edited by Cyberhazard
typo

Just now, PublikDomain said:

These weapons pretty much *are* skins already, but just with mastery attached to it. The Braton Vandal, for example, is roughly equal to a Braton Prime. The Lato Vandal, while better than the stock Lato, isn't some god-tier weapon. If it gets given out for nothing people will rank them up and never touch them again. If people are just going to let them rot anyways I'd rather they not be given out unless it's at some large effort, like, as others have said, a very high login reward.

I think thats the issue presented here. They are weapons that are tied to progress, not some skin that you can never get anymore.

BWahaha : H NM raid Mr 22 only with braton and loto vadal only .I started the game after 15 dec 2013 and i end UP:  2 x Mr22 over "5000h in-game" ,steam hours are like "6881h+1004h" =you do the math cuz i canºt .In your Warframe World my accounts are like Badasses of Badassitude .And i still donºt have the right to Own thouse.                        Lulz WF community

3 minutes ago, oshunter124 said:

I think thats the issue presented here. They are weapons that are tied to progress, not some skin that you can never get anymore.

I think that's a bit overstated - I've made it to MR22 without those weapons. They aren't required for anything, they won't lock you out of some piece of gameplay. The only value they have is to say "I was there". If DE was really concerned about the mastery they could just remove mastery for those weapons or give everyone the missing 6k mastery.

Edited by PublikDomain

As a brief CB player I have the Lato, but wasn't around for the Braton.

I'm a collector, but I enjoy collecting things to have them, not so other people don't. I'd love to have the Braton and be glad for others to get the Lato.

As a login milestone would be neat. Even added to the 50 days one

As someone who owns the Lato Vandal, I feel like it should remain exclusive. No, no, not so "I can be special". But because the item itself is special. It was given to you FOR your attendance in the beta. That alone tells me that it should remain exclusive. It's like a little badge saying "you were there". Not really so cool if everybody else was apparently there too, y'know?

But as for the Braton Vandal... I feel like it should definitely come back. It wasn't really "given" to anyone for being around at the time, it was just available at that time for anyone who wanted to get it. It's not really "special" in the way the Lato Vandal is, and I see no harm in bringing it back.

So my vote's a yes, but it's more for the Braton than it is for the Lato. I mean, I'm not going to go into a rage if the Lato Vandal comes back, because that just means newbies get their hand at something they can't get right now. But I still don't personally think it should be returned.

As someone who is largely obsessed with completion and didn't get these weapons when I could have I don't like the idea of them ever returning (best suggestion I've seen here is to lock them behind login rewards which doesn't seem too bad) but these weapons were meant to be special gifts to reward players for supporting the game when it was in a delecate state, by simply making them available (And if they are it will probably be in sorties) it kills anything those weapons might have represented.

I can almost guarentee nobody will use them beyond Mastery Fodder which is a sad fate for what those weapons represent even now these weapons are barely used but for the few that have them they hold meaning. If they're re-released they're just another weapon to be forgotten.