The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Lorch said:

Only the founder set should remain exclusive.

Give us the rest and make us earn it.. simple as that.

You could have "earned" it back then.

"Just can't wait for your Beta Key invite? Cut the line by purchasing a
Founders Package and get instant access to the Closed Beta."

26 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Either remove mastery exp value from exclusive items which will cause some people to lose their mastery rank - or - make all exclusive items return on a yearly basis to make them technically available.

Max rank shouldn't be exclusive to old players, if any other game with levels allowed only the max to be obtained by founders they'd be torn to shreds, it's only because mastery rank has little value up until this year it hasn't gotten attention. Now with loadouts & increased mod capacity on start I think this problem needs a solution. Making things available is the best one when I think of disadvantages and advantages.

23 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Thank you, that is exactly the point I've been trying to make, nothing that affects your mastery XP should be locked away, even if it is just 6k mastery from Braton and Lato Vandal.

I'm not sure those members would feel about this solution, but I'd wager they might be okay with it so long as the items themselves remained exclusive and all their stats remain unaffected (other than the affinity that went toward their MR).

No idea, really.

Edited by Rhekemi

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

Then just make at least Branton Vandal available. Since it is somewhat similar to the anniversary situation. Simple fix.

I would be glad if they brought back Lato Vandal as well, but if they don't, I do not mind.

Overlooked this post.

Maybe on the Braton Vandal. Still seems dubious since it is a milestone you can't revisit. It's like the anniversary, but it's not. Dunno.

I'd say no on the Lato Vandal.

BTW, I had to re-watch the video on the first page. I'd been under the impression that both Vandals were Closed Beta. They are not.

Edited by Rhekemi

46 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Let me pose a question to all the PC Close Beta tester who are against the re-release of Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal.

How will you feel if DE had release an exclusive PS4/Xbox item that was given to consoles players who download and play Warframe when it was first release on consoles? Call it "Consoles Close Beta". It ain't fair isn't it? That's how consoles feel about CB that was only available on PC.

I wouldn't care about what the console players get.  We're not on the same platform and you guys already have your own exclusive items, those skin packs.

Just now, Aeromancer said:

I wouldn't care about what the console players get.  We're not on the same platform and you guys already have your own exclusive items, those skin packs.

But many people would.  Just look at the posts over the years where players from all platforms complained about what someone else got.

10 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Its nothing more than a children's Pinkie Promise.

so i love how you called DE's promise of never returning founders gear a "child's pinkie promise" if we're gonna get anecdotal up in here it would be more like an engagement if anything. (founders, spend money on said object [founders packs would be the ring in this instance] to propose and vow their support to DE)

17 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

It's the memories attached to it, the value you give it. For example one of the items I actually hold dear is the rift sigil. I got it when it first appeared in that terrible secondary event. To me it will always be proof that I've faced DE's events and won. Although many people may have the sigil from other events, the one I hold is the one that's important to me.

Out of context: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." -William H. Rupertus

i didn't mean it in the context of "oh no my trophy is gone" it is like a badge. currently i can see someone with a lato vandal and talk to them about the old days and how things used to be. if it's rereleased you can't do that because everyone and their mother will have one. it goes beyond the personal value to me. 

Been thinking, and in regards to getting the gear from log in. I don't think that's a good idea.

If the idea is to reward dedication to the game, why put the weapons in a system that never rewarded dedication in the first place by setting everyone back to square 1.  People can also log in once a day for 5 seconds and get all the log in loot, that doesn't show dedication in the slightest.

No, I'd suggest giving it to players upon hitting a certain time spent playing the game. 500/750/1000 hours or something. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Been thinking, and in regards to getting the gear from log in. I don't think that's a good idea.

If the idea is to reward dedication to the game, why put the weapons in a system that never rewarded dedication in the first place by setting everyone back to square 1.  People can also log in once a day for 5 seconds and get all the log in loot, that doesn't show dedication in the slightest.

No, I'd suggest giving it to players upon hitting a certain time spent playing the game. 500/750/1000 hours or something. 

So if they hit like 1000+ hours then they get the Braton or Lato Vandal?

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

if we get any kinda milestone for time spent and they happen to be the CB items. then those that have the weapons would be left without a milestone. kinda bad. if they are returned there would have to be some other form of rewarding them.

Just now, oshunter124 said:

So if they hit like 1000+ hours then they get the Braton or Lato Vandal?

That's the gist of it yeah, upon reaching a number of hours that DE feel show dedication to the game, that's when you'd get it.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

if we get any kinda milestone for time spent and they happen to be the CB items. then those that have the weapons would be left without a milestone. kinda bad. if they are returned there would have to be some other form of rewarding them.

So you'd rather have them be in a tactical alert or something?

There is no way of re-releasing these weapons again without CB players being left out. No way.

I suggested hours played because the majority of CB players are going to have surpassed those hours already. Non CB players who have surpassed the goal get the weapons. Everyone else has to keep playing.

CB players don't miss out on anything.

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's the gist of it yeah, upon reaching a number of hours that DE feel show dedication to the game, that's when you'd get it.

So you'd rather have them be in a tactical alert or something?

There is no way of re-releasing these weapons again without CB players being left out. No way.

I suggested hours played because the majority of CB players are going to have surpassed those hours already. Non CB players who have surpassed the goal get the weapons. Everyone else has to keep playing.

CB players don't miss out on anything.

not a tactical alert. no, there is so much cheese that it would be too easy. i was saying if for example DE made milestones for 250 hours, 500 hours, 750 hours, etc. CB players would be losing 2 possible rewards. while it would grant the majority of players the ability to gain the weapons, shafting and alienating their oldest players (whom still play the game) shouldn't be at the top of their list.

why not do some form of retro mode? make it a difficult mission with CB mechanics and everything so players can get a taste of what we went through when we played it back then? grineer and corpus solely on the old corpus ship tileset, can only select weapons and frames from the CB days, no parkour what-so-ever. just give old players a chance to relive the old days and new players a chance to experience it for the first time. surely better than "oh you played for the xth hour? have a cookie."

Edited by LordOfScrugging

8 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i didn't mean it in the context of "oh no my trophy is gone" it is like a badge. currently i can see someone with a lato vandal and talk to them about the old days and how things used to be. if it's rereleased you can't do that because everyone and their mother will have one. it goes beyond the personal value to me. 

Identification, people have already made suggestions for this in the form of compensation. In fact you also made a few suggestions. Though I do wonder how many people have you met this way recently as of U16 (within the last year)?

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This hour idea is a nice one.Lets say 500 hours for Braton Vandal and as ultimate goal 1000 hours for the Lato Vandal.

Just now, Postal_pat said:

Identification, people have already made suggestions for this in the form of compensation. In fact you also made a few suggestions. Though I do wonder how many people have you met this way recently as of U16 (within the last year)?

i know i made a few. but the statement still stands. giving a new memory in place of an old one doesn't make the new one any more important than the old. but that's just me. if i have an attachment to something i don't want to lose it. as for meeting people in this manner, as of U16, not so much because everyone i personally know that has it i've known from before u16. as the playerbase grows it gets more difficult to find someone who might be returning which is what makes it nice. 

how often do you pug a game and see more than one founder randomly join without it being a pre made group?

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

not a tactical alert. no, there is so much cheese that it would be too easy. i was saying if for example DE made milestones for 250 hours, 500 hours, 750 hours, etc. CB players would be losing 2 possible rewards. while it would grant the majority of players the ability to gain the weapons, shafting and alienating their oldest players (whom still play the game) shouldn't be at the top of their list.

why not do some form of retro mode? make it a difficult mission with CB mechanics and everything so players can get a taste of what we went through when we played it back then? grineer and corpus solely on the old corpus ship tileset, can only select weapons and frames from the CB days, no parkour what-so-ever. just give old players a chance to relive the old days and new players a chance to experience it for the first time. surely better than "oh you played for the xth hour? have a cookie."

How would they be losing two possible rewards though?  As of right now, there are no rewards for hours played.  

Just now, Noamuth said:

How would they be losing two possible rewards though?  As of right now, there are no rewards for hours played.  

just saying. if they decided to add a milestone system to hours. it could work retroactively, but if they decide ok players will get x mod at x hours, y item at y hours, etc. we'd potentially lose 2 rewards.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

You may be misunderstanding.

I'm suggesting that after say 1000 hours you get a message from the Lotus rewarding you for your dedication, just as an example. You've already shown your dedication by playing during a certain time, you're not missing out on anything.

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i know i made a few. but the statement still stands. giving a new memory in place of an old one doesn't make the new one any more important than the old. but that's just me. if i have an attachment to something i don't want to lose it. as for meeting people in this manner, as of U16, not so much because everyone i personally know that has it i've known from before u16. as the playerbase grows it gets more difficult to find someone who might be returning which is what makes it nice. 

how often do you pug a game and see more than one founder randomly join without it being a pre made group?

It's not exactly easy to recognize a Founder in game, in a match, other then founder items and Excal Prime icons, I'm a Disciple, yet there's nothing beyond looking at my profile that would make anyone go ''Oh look, a founder''.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

just saying. if they decided to add a milestone system to hours. it could work retroactively, but if they decide ok players will get x mod at x hours, y item at y hours, etc. we'd potentially lose 2 rewards.

From what I can tell, it wouldn't be an additional rewards system, it'd just be "Congrats, you've reached X hours, have a shiny"

Just now, DeMonkey said:

You may be misunderstanding.

I'm suggesting that after say 1000 hours you get a message from the Lotus rewarding you for your dedication, just as an example. You've already shown your dedication by playing during a certain time, you're not missing out on anything.

that's not showing dedication though. I and other CB players got those items in the early stages of the game for testing it. if we've been playing for 3 years that would be dedication. if they were rewarding players for playing for 3 years then we'd get nothing. 

Just now, Noamuth said:

From what I can tell, it wouldn't be an additional rewards system, it'd just be "Congrats, you've reached X hours, have a shiny"

this stems from it being a reward for dedication. i got the items in the beginning of the game. been playing for pretty much 3 years, i'm not dedicated enough to get a reward? do you see what i'm saying. making it a dedication reward should be something both new and older players don't have.

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

It's not exactly easy to recognize a Founder in game, in a match, other then founder items and Excal Prime icons, I'm a Disciple, yet there's nothing beyond looking at my profile that would make anyone go ''Oh look, a founder''.

not necessarily my point. it's just there are so few, that when you do notice, it's a nice little moment.

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

The reward would be two free Arsenal slots for weapons then. Arguably it's less of a reward to someone who has the weapons already than it is to someone who doesn't, but there's still something gained. Same way people who were around for the first Anniversary effectively got 6p the following year, then 12 the year after, and will have 18 next year.

As an aside I'm not sure if DE tracks hours played by account. It shows up in your Steam profile but then not everyone has the game linked to Steam.

I know the topic of compensation has been mooted and cosmetics were suggested, but what about a Legendary Core or the like?