The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

that's not showing dedication though. I and other CB players got those items in the early stages of the game for testing it. if we've been playing for 3 years that would be dedication. if they were rewarding players for playing for 3 years then we'd get nothing. 

De could give the CB players a special avatar for the forums and ingame.So every dude recognise this is a CB player like the Excal P avatar for founders.Then the CB get also a free slot on top of that.

Edited by K0bra

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

that's not showing dedication though. I and other CB players got those items in the early stages of the game for testing it. if we've been playing for 3 years that would be dedication. if they were rewarding players for playing for 3 years then we'd get nothing. 

In your opinion that's not showing dedication. 

In my opinion 1000 hours of testing is more than enough hours to show you're dedicated.

Hell, even 500 hours is dedicated as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really understand the relevance of the rest of your post. They aren't rewarding players for playing for 3 years, I'm not suggesting rewarding players for 3 years. 

I'm suggesting a once off ''thanks for your dedication'' reward upon reaching a certain number of hours. I'm not suggesting a new system that continuously rewards players for time invested. You have already shown your dedication, you have already got the ''dedication reward''.

7 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

this stems from it being a reward for dedication. i got the items in the beginning of the game. been playing for pretty much 3 years, i'm not dedicated enough to get a reward? do you see what i'm saying. making it a dedication reward should be something both new and older players don't have.

not necessarily my point. it's just there are so few, that when you do notice, it's a nice little moment.

It's not that you aren't dedicated enough to get a reward after X amount of hours, you've already received your reward for said dedication.  This isn't about finding away to reward someone for dedication, this is about finding a way to give new players access to the same items.

40 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

so i love how you called DE's promise of never returning founders gear a "child's pinkie promise" if we're gonna get anecdotal up in here it would be more like an engagement if anything. (founders, spend money on said object [founders packs would be the ring in this instance] to propose and vow their support to DE)

And that goes to my original Point. A Founder could have just paid $300 while I pay $1000 and I'll still be thought of as less of a Customer. So no matter what, the Founder while "Always" be cared about more than anyone else. DE doesnt care about Non-Founder PC Players, Xbox Players, or PS4 Players. They only people DE will bend over backwards for are Founders and/or Beta-Testers

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

And that goes to my original Point. A Founder could have just paid $300 while I pay $1000 and I'll still be thought of as less of a Customer. So no matter what, the Founder while "Always" be cared about more than anyone else. DE doesnt care about Non-Founder PC Players, Xbox Players, or PS4 Players. They only people DE will bend over backwards for are Founders and/or Beta-Testers

Sure thats why Steve want to rerelease the Beta Vandals because he didnt care about newer players.....Logic = Zero

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

not necessarily my point. it's just there are so few, that when you do notice, it's a nice little moment.

There are actually a lot more founders than you realize. Considering how large a window of time founders availability there was to obtain founder packages. All the way up to November 1st 2013, 7 months after open betas release. Are many of them pre open beta? Who knows. As far as I'm concerned, they're just normal players because a lot of people probably did purchase founders packages after the fact of open beta all the way up to and before its package end. I joined in October of 2013 myself and thought about grabbing a lower tier founders package, but ultimately didn't because of money constraints. So anyone could've gotten founders stuff way past what should've been its exclusivity time and not be an original founder pre open beta. U10 vs U6/7 is a pretty long gap between those specific times and a growing playerbase allows for a lot more people to buy founders packages in the mean time so not every founder you see is a pre open beta founder.

But this is also derailing the subject a bit, because this is supposed to be about the vandals themselves, not founders. Though with my above statement kind of applies however, because of the fact founders availability lasted way longer than the vandals kind of is something to take into consideration when thinking about re-adding the vandals to the game. People had far longer to obtain founders only items way longer than people had the chance to obtain say the braton vandal. So having something that doesn't seem very special to many because it was an open beta weekend weapon that was available for 2 - 3 days at best vs stuff you had several months to obtain by giving people adequate time to become a founder.

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i know i made a few. but the statement still stands. giving a new memory in place of an old one doesn't make the new one any more important than the old. but that's just me. if i have an attachment to something i don't want to lose it. as for meeting people in this manner, as of U16, not so much because everyone i personally know that has it i've known from before u16. as the playerbase grows it gets more difficult to find someone who might be returning which is what makes it nice. 

how often do you pug a game and see more than one founder randomly join without it being a pre made group?

Except the new memory, the new identification wouldn't replace the old memories. You'll still have that attachment to these weapons. By the way you value these weapons you'll still use them and love them much more then any new player will. Even if a new player uses those weapons it doesn't diminish your attachment because you still have those memories.

I get them quite a bit, especially through sorties. Nearly all identified by the Excal prime icon. Those that actually used Excal prime where practically unidentifiable due to the amount of cosmetics or the proto skin XD

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In your opinion that's not showing dedication. 

In my opinion 1000 hours of testing is more than enough hours to show you're dedicated.

Hell, even 500 hours is dedicated as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really understand the relevance of the rest of your post. They aren't rewarding players for playing for 3 years, I'm not suggesting rewarding players for 3 years. 

I'm suggesting a once off ''thanks for your dedication'' reward upon reaching a certain number of hours. I'm not suggesting a new system that continuously rewards players for time invested. You have already shown your dedication, you have already got the ''dedication reward''.

you missed what i was saying. you said "i was in CB i got the reward, that's my dedication" not even a couple months in and you consider it "dedication". i could have joined the week before they gave out the lato and not been a dedicated player. just having the rewards isn't dedication. like i said previously, if there were to be an item to signify time/days/years/ in the game, it should be something old and new players alike shouldn't have to allow an equal field. Going back to the retro mode suggestion i threw out, i think it would be a nicer thing to make getting them special rather than giving it to players that spent 500 hours in draco (you know there are players like that out there)

Just now, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

no, and for this simple fact. you are moaning about how much you spent. it's not how much you spend its about when you spent it. founders gave money for the game before we even knew what it would become, before we even knew if the game would survive for a year, let alone 3. you are not undervalued by DE, you're leading yourself to think you are however. sure, founders get a bit of limelight for essentially saving the game, but not all supporters bought founders. there are some players that have shelled out more than some founders and DE appreciates every dime they get. they won't go out and say "thank you" to every individual person since there are so many players that support DE

Just now, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

This simply isn't true.

DE cares about all players. Buying platinum or being a founder does not grant preferential treatment. The Lato and Braton Vandal, whether they're re-introduced or not, do not indicate this. If free-to-play players only had access to Mercury, paying players could go as far as Mars, Beta testers out to Jupiter and only Founders to Pluto and the Void you might have an argument, but at the end of the day this is about two weapons that are currently abysmal stat-wise and the 6,000 mastery they provide.

Best-case scenario for those who don't have them yet is that they get them.

Worst-case scenario, for everyone, is that the developers now know Warframe has legs so new items won't ever be exclusive. As Steve said, at the time they gave out the Lato and Braton Vandals they thought the game might last 18 months at best; three years on, they know they might well be going in another three years. Event items might take a while to re-appear, but they'll be back some day, some way.

On 15. 7. 2016 at 9:47 PM, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Because that was the decision back then. Decisions change. See: PvP

And next time when i write something about Excalibur umbra prime/ founders / anything special it will be deleted by Correct decision™ because "...Its not become avaiable." Done. /lock /delete
---
I say this long time ago but by "decision from above" it was removed.

Give special items like syandana and armor so lato/braton vandal owners have deserved special stuff and will be on eyes
- Braton v - Open beta Armor
- Lato v - Closed beta syandana

Give Founders
Disciple, Hunter, Master, Grand master - Founder sigil
Hunter, Master, Grand master - Excalibur umbra prime skin (Similar or same skin like your daughter company in china release it) (for excal prime)
Master, Grand master - Special Founder armor (for Skana p)
Grand master - Special syandana with "Founder" on it in orokin language (for lato p)

Make All game gear recycle over and over (events/prime vault)

Fashion frame is all about now and its true endgame.

13 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

And you actually believe that? This poll was nothing more than baiting people like me only to take it away again.

Dude what can i say?He said it so and when this should be a bait it would be nasty.The thing is DE prove in the years the opposite multiple times.I cant say anything bad about them.Only good (when you let nerfing alone).So believe his words until he proved otherwise.

Edited by K0bra

7 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

you missed what i was saying. you said "i was in CB i got the reward, that's my dedication" not even a couple months in and you consider it "dedication". i could have joined the week before they gave out the lato and not been a dedicated player. just having the rewards isn't dedication. like i said previously, if there were to be an item to signify time/days/years/ in the game, it should be something old and new players alike shouldn't have to allow an equal field. Going back to the retro mode suggestion i threw out, i think it would be a nicer thing to make getting them special rather than giving it to players that spent 500 hours in draco (you know there are players like that out there)

Fine. ''I and other CB players got those items in the early stages of the game for testing it.'' < Your words.

Okay, not dedication then. It was your reward for testing, as stated by you. Is 500 hours of testing not enough? 1000? 

No, whatever you did to deserve Lato V/Braton V back in CB has been easily outdone by any player who's gone 1000 hours in the game.

Forgive me if I'm still not getting your point, you're not making an awful lot of sense I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it will help you sleep at night.

I've spent about $500 on this game and can honestly say that spending money does not grant you any special treatment.  My warning points, missed event badges/weapons and general requested changes can attest to that.

4 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Yeah you just keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it will help you sleep at night.

Hey, if you want to get salty about a game that needs EVERYONE'S feedback, you can simply not play. 

1 minute ago, Cazzzz said:

Hey, if you want to get salty about a game that needs EVERYONE'S feedback, you can simply not play. 

Only certain people's feedback. People like me have to endure what basically amounts to standing in line at the DMV to get anything resolved, whereas Masters and Grand Masters can talk directly to the Devs.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Fine. ''I and other CB players got those items in the early stages of the game for testing it.'' < Your words.

Okay, not dedication then. It was your reward for testing, as stated by you. Is 500 hours of testing not enough? 1000? 

No, whatever you did to deserve Lato V/Braton V back in CB has been easily outdone by any player who's gone 1000 hours in the game.

Forgive me if I'm still not getting your point, you're not making an awful lot of sense I'm afraid.

i'm not saying that there shouldn't be any sort of reward for dedication, just that making the vandals that reward leaves those that got it way back when with nothing. what do you think is better for these vandal items. a special thing, something that truly makes the item special, like going back and playing a mission with CB mechanics to actually experience what the CB testers did and give the item some worth or just d*cking around for 500 hours and being given a "reward for dedication"

Edited by LordOfScrugging

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I've spent about $500 on this game and can honestly say that spending money does not grant you any special treatment.  My warning points, missed event badges/weapons and general requested changes can attest to that.

Not to mention the mere fact the return of the Lato and Braton Vandal is even up for discussion shows that DE takes the non-Beta population's opinions seriously. I doubt they make up the majority of players these days.

Just now, WrathAscending said:

Not to mention the mere fact the return of the Lato and Braton Vandal is even up for discussion shows that DE takes the non-Beta population's opinions seriously. I doubt they make up the majority of players these days.

As I told k0bra, you actually believe this Bait and Switch Poll?

2 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Only certain people's feedback. People like me have to endure what basically amounts to standing in line at the DMV to get anything resolved, whereas Masters and Grand Masters can talk directly to the Devs.

Uh, got any proof?

If you're referring to Design Council, I can tell you right now that you're misinformed and wrong.

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

if you're referring to the DC then non founders and lower tier founders have been able to get into it by basically doing the opposite of what you are doing (hint, not being a toxic wad is a decent stepping stone) and even then we don't talk to the devs. whoever told you they get direct communication with DE is blowing smoke up your rear end

4 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Everyone can talk directly to the Developers. This thread is one example, they have the Feedback forums, and they apparently take PMs. Granted I wish they did more Hot Topics but it's not like we're completely without options.