The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i'm not saying that there shouldn't be any sort of reward for dedication, just that making the vandals that reward leaves those that got it way back when with nothing. what do you think is better for these vandal items. a special thing, something that truly makes the item special, like going back and playing a mission with CB mechanics to actually experience what the CB testers did and give the item some worth or just d*cking around for 500 hours and being given a "reward for dedication"

Sure, as long as everyone that got event weapons from Sorties has to get rid of them and run the events with the same gear that we had access to. Just to make them special.

No, I prefer the idea of giving it to people for 'd*cking around' (source needed that everyone just d*cks around) for a certain number of hours.

4 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

As I told k0bra, you actually believe this Bait and Switch Poll?

They're having a discussion about it. That doesn't mean they're going to allow the results of the poll to dictate their response, but a strong indication that the Lato and Braton are wanted by non-Beta players coupled with Beta players being largely in favour would probably indicate a favourable outcome.

Even if the eventual decision is to not re-release them it's not going to matter all that much. It just means waiting an extra Update or Tenno Reinforcement pack or maybe Event weapon to hit a new Mastery level. It's not like significant content is being gated off by those items.

23 minutes ago, Technologic141 said:

Give Founders
Disciple, Hunter, Master, Grand master - Founder sigil
Hunter, Master, Grand master - Excalibur umbra prime skin (Similar or same skin like your daughter company in china release it) (for excal prime)
Master, Grand master - Special Founder armor (for Skana p)
Grand master - Special syandana with "Founder" on it in orokin language (for lato p)

Make All game gear recycle over and over (events/prime vault)

Fashion frame is all about now and its true endgame.

This, this, a hundred times this.

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sure, as long as everyone that got event weapons from Sorties has to get rid of them and run the events with the same gear that we had access to. Just to make them special.

No, I prefer the idea of giving it to people for 'd*cking around' (source needed that everyone just d*cks around) for a certain number of hours.

again if you look at these vandals apart from other vandals/wraths, the CB vandals hold weight since they were milestones of warframes life. events, not so much. each event isn't a milestone in the timeline of warframe. 

being awarded something for just generally playing for a length of time isn't earning it. its just "eh, you've stayed here long enough, take this" i think a little "time machine" quest would be nice to let players see what we saw. we have opinions, you have your, i have mine. in the end, the acquisition is up to DE.

So after going back and reading through this thread again, I think the people in this discussion pretty much fall into one of four camps:

Camp 1) Re-release the weapons, and give a cosmetic item (or items) to the current owners as compensation.

Camp 2) Let the exclusives stay exclusive.

Camp 3) RELEASE ALL THE THINGS.

Camp 4) Simply couldn't care less either way.

On that note, been noticing heinous amounts of attitude getting thrown around. Not gonna name any names, but ya'll really got to take it down a notch. Also pretty sure this thread isn't an invitation to start demanding they return Founder's gear, so not 100% why the conversation keeps looping back to that as often as it does.

One last thing:

9 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

As I told k0bra, you actually believe this Bait and Switch Poll?

You're not wrong about one thing: As stated in the opening post, the poll itself isn't going to determine whether or not the Beta Vandals are coming back, but why are you so dead-set on playing the victim? They've (finally) addressed a long-standing issue in the community and are (finally) taking care of it once and for all. How, exactly, are they in the wrong here?

27 minutes ago, Technologic141 said:

Give Founders
Disciple, Hunter, Master, Grand master - Founder sigil
Hunter, Master, Grand master - Excalibur umbra prime skin (Similar or same skin like your daughter company in china release it) (for excal prime)
Master, Grand master - Special Founder armor (for Skana p)
Grand master - Special syandana with "Founder" on it in orokin language (for lato p)

i mean if DE allows founders to upgrade their tier before they do that then sure. it wouldn't be fair to the founders who bought the tier they bought since nowhere specified that you'd get an armor set down the road for buying this tier, or a syandana for this tier

This coming from a recent player about one year i think and also a COLLECTOR i want every thing in the game and when i say every thing i MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!
but one at a time :)  

i think that:
If you are going to make it available then give the players from back then something els worth while like epic cosmetics, similar to prime acces or something els to compensate but that they can show of with that they where there.

this feels more fair to them because the real reason of the weapons is to show of they where there so similar to the tennocon syandana give them something to show of they where there at the time :)  

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

again if you look at these vandals apart from other vandals/wraths, the CB vandals hold weight since they were milestones of warframes life. events, not so much. each event isn't a milestone in the timeline of warframe. 

Are you serious? I honestly can't tell. I really hope you're not.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

being awarded something for just generally playing for a length of time isn't earning it. its just "eh, you've stayed here long enough, take this" i think a little "time machine" quest would be nice to let players see what we saw. we have opinions, you have your, i have mine. in the end, the acquisition is up to DE.

Now I know you're joking. That is exactly how you got the Lato Vandal. ''Eh, you've stayed in our CB, take this''. The Braton V was a reward for simply playing (and looking at the market) over a weekend. You didn't earn that did you.

No.

On 15/07/2016 at 2:09 PM, LegendaryDie said:

Making these weapons available to all players would be kind of an inconsiderate move to founders/beta players. It seems like the obvious answer here is to just remove mastery from these items. That way nobody will feel like they're getting screwed.

Beta testers would still be happy and everyone else would have no reason to want the weapons other than kicks. Seems like a good idea to me, and I own neither.

3 minutes ago, Roachester said:

They've (finally) addressed a long-standing issue in the community and are (finally) taking care of it once and for all. How, exactly, are they in the wrong here?

Because they are not going to. They have no intention of "EVER" addressing our woes. This is nothing more then them drinking our tears for not having exclusives. Even if Rebecca says she'll put a Giant Gold Lotus Statue on my Lawn I will still have complete suspicion of it until it actually is followed through. I dont trust anyone that only helps me for my money.

Just now, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Because they are not going to. They have no intention of "EVER" addressing our woes. This is nothing more then them drinking our tears for not having exclusives. Even if Rebecca says she'll put a Giant Gold Lotus Statue on my Lawn I will still have complete suspicion of it until it actually is followed through. I dont trust anyone that only helps me for my money.

So if I'm reading this correctly, you're completely and totally convinced that they're going to leave this issue up in the air for as long as possible... for the sole purpose of making their players suffer. Is that it?

20 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I'm sorry Scruggie, but....really?

CB weapons;

• Braton "Log in and buy it"  
  • Lato; "Thanks for playing" *tosses weapon at you*

Events;

• Get 20 scans of Moonlight Threscone to create 1 antitoxin
  • Kill 100 Eximus
  • Kill 100 Brood Mothers
  • Survive 30 minutes
  • Scan 100 MOA's
  • Get 500 points, etc.

Each event introduced more lore to the game as well as opened up more mission types.  How are those not milestones?

Edited by Noamuth

Ugh 39 pages. Well I'll just weigh in real quick then get on with my life.

First off no one legitimately wants these weapons for anything other than mastery. Who in their right mind has said "Woah woah we can't do the raid unless you have your lato equipped." This is the machete all over again. Without a significant buff it's recycled garbage.

Second the beta testers aren't using them either. Sentimental reasons or for lording over the nubs for not having them, whatever the purpose they keep em around, but it's collecting dust either way.

Third I voted yes to bring them back simply for mastery fodder. The poll is incredibly biased towards people that don't have them as opposed to ones that do so naturally the polls are going to be skewed. Aside from that as a console player much content from PC is locked out so any new content is welcomed.

Bring back PRIMED CHAMBER to the masses! It is the only event mod which has still yet to be re-released after years of it being in game. There you go it was never stated anywhere as "Exclusive" and was stated it could return at anytime for any reason. So instead of going on about 2 weapons that were stated and given as exclusives to people who put time in and supported this game in the very early stages (the point when it was a make or break for this game and your studio) drop that PRIMED CHAMBER into the game an watch the community go crazy again

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM, siralextraffo said:

Exclusivity is a cancer and I'm glad Steve realized that, even if it's a bit too late now. 

Also, to all those saying that CBT supported warframe and such, how did they do that exactly? By playing the game, reporting bugs, buying occasionally plat packs and such. 

Now, doesn't that sounds like what every Warframe player is potentially doing now? What's the difference exactly? 

Timing? Well yea, but do you really feel like you deserve more only because you were at the right place at the right time? CBT support is exactly the same as  anyone else's here and now could be. 

Their support allowed the game to grow as well as current support is making the game growing now. 

Sure, by that time the game was in a critical state so investing on it was really a leap of faith, but it's not like warframe can still  be a thing in 2017 without players supporting it in 2016.

I'm  sorry, but I just hate CBT elitism almost as much as I hate founders' one. 

CBT and founders especially already got more than anyone else for almost 4 years, there's no support that's worth a lifetime reward. Selfishness is just selfishness, not wanting to share our exclusivities is just that, don't pretend there are holy reasons behind it. 

You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!<3 You are a shining beacon and I hope that one day you may lead us to a better future

1 minute ago, (PS4)appretice said:

You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!<3 You are a shining beacon and I hope that one day you may lead us to a better future

Oh come off it, He doesnt mean a single thing about that. Him and all the other founders revel in our Misery while they prance around us in their Special Snowflake Armor.

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Oh come off it, He doesnt mean a single thing about that. Him and all the other founders revel in our Misery while they prance around us in their Special Snowflake Armor.

Lol, maybe I'll have to start looking at Excal prime that way.

6 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Just for the sake of argument here I wouldn't want DE to go back on their word and lose the trust of the players who helped make this game a success in the beginning

0ymyg8S.jpg

I mentioned this earlier, at this point DE should stop using the word exclusive because it has no meaning in this game.

At this point i would not be surprised if Ex Prime eventually pops back out. People have suggested getting some cosmetic items for the people that got the Vandal and i think they could use this to pop out the ExP. 

Because if one excuses for popping out this weapons is mastery rank... why would this argument not work on ExP? Getting a cosmetic in place of ExP exclusivity will not hurt anyone cause that doesnt cause any "disruption" with mastery.

12 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Just for the sake of argument here I wouldn't want DE to go back on their word and lose the trust of the players who helped make this game a success in the beginning

so many things they promised went out the door... I remember the NO MORE NERF promise they made 3 years ago

everything will be boosted up to the new standard... 2 weeks later nerfing commenced

seeing as how all the promises that were in my favor got broken, I don't feel bad that a promise like this that doesn't work in my favor will get broken

to me it feels like a little bit of justice over all the other broken promises I and many others had to endure

8 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Could you shut up please?

You're not contributing, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

so many things they promised went out the door... I remember the NO MORE NERF promise they made 3 years ago

everything will be boosted up to the new standard... 2 weeks later nerfing commenced

seeing as how all the promises that were in my favor got broken, I don't feel bad that a promise like this that doesn't work in my favor will get broken

to me it feels like a little bit of justice over all the other broken promises I and many others had to endure

You realize I meant that statement very sarcastically right? I know how many times the promise/word has gone out the door this one though is pushing it a little far considering what else could come from this.

Honestly I find it a bit annoying that they break just about every exclusive gear promise, but the most important one, the one holding prime gear hostage, I really am getting a feeling of ''just get it over with already''.