Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Personally, I've always liked that DE held to it's guns and maintained that certain items would never come back due to respect for certain players (IIRC Closed Beta Players are the only ones that got this as a thank you)  and it makes me a bit sad that you guys are considering going back on this.

Tbh, i was the same until they reinvented event weapons. Now it's just unfair for event players to get their shiny unique stuff recycled while braton and lato vandal owners can keep their uniqueness.

Only if we are given an item in return for giving these weapons out too people, as they were specifically for people who where closed beta participants.

I'd be like giving everyone excal prime and all the other founder stuff.

Just now, Kuari said:

Only if we are given an item in return for giving these weapons out too people, as they were specifically for people who where closed beta participants.

EXCEPT founder goodies are tied down by legal means. That's not a fair comparison at all. 

12 minutes ago, Kuari said:

Watch the stream, they didn't even think about releasing Founder stuff because they can not do that...

"That's Never Gonna Happen" - Rebecca at 1:02:15

This thread is specifically about Braton and Lato Vandal.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

2 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

I feel that too many people here are tied down by sentimental value/meaningless symbolism.

Having the Lato Vandal just meant that you existed at that particular time in Warframe. Who cares?

I somehow agree with this, they hold the exact same value that every other event weapon had before being brought back. Being rewards for doing something specific at a given time, and usually harder than simply logging in and "surprise! here's a gun" or getting them for one credit from market. Those weapons were brought back with no compensation, and I don't see the reason to be entitled to ask for syandanas or skins as compensation. Maybe a badge like every event has had should be enough.

As someone who missed out on those weapons, I'm all for them making a return. I also agree with the notion that giving people who currently posses those weapons something as a token of thanks for being around at that point in time would be nice. Maybe a badge and/or sigil? Handing out those wouldn't be unheard of, when the global kill leaderboard was retired there was a badge handed out for that. It wouldn't be too big of a stretch to do that sort of thing again.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Tbh, i was the same until they reinvented event weapons. Now it's just unfair for event players to get their shiny unique stuff recycled while braton and lato vandal owners can keep their uniqueness.

Ehh, I don't really care about uniqueness.  I don't mind people having what I don't, but if there's MR affinity involved, I'd prefer everyone that doesn't have the items get a starting affinity boost.  

i.e., Whatever the cumulative affinity is for the Founders gear is given to players who reach MR 5 or something so that they aren't missing out on that small boost. 

Braton Vandal was available for a single week while Lato was given to all of the closed beta participants. Returning Braton seems like a good idea, but  Lato I think should remain as CBT exclusive.

Either way they should not be tradable Sortie mastery trash. Having one or both of them as a login milestone seems like a way to go.

Edited by Zero255

What if you reward players with the corresponding affinity instead? If affinity is what primarily motivates the acquisition of these weapons, affinity equal to them should both keep exclusivity and not make everyone else lose out.

5 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

EXCEPT founder goodies are tied down by legal means. That's not a fair comparison at all. 

It's a completely fair comparison, doesn't matter if it's tied by legal means or not. We participated in the closed beta and there for got something unique out of it and suddenly taking that away would be like anyone who got founders pack suddenly not being unique in the fact that they have, say excal prime.

I mean, I'm fine with them being reintroduced, so long as we get fair compensation for having helped/played in closed beta. Hell, most people ONLY want them for the mastery involved and for bragging rights.

i would have mixed feelings about the possibility of bringing back the braton and lato vandal

i mean they were for the beta testers as a way of saying thank you since DE did not know how far warframe was going to go for

but yes i would love to have a chance to get my hands on these weapons but if we do get a chance to get them i feel that the people who were here in beta should either get some sort of fancy weapon, an exclusive syandana, or i guess a weapon skin. The game is farther along now than it was at the early beta so a little something for those people who have been here since the very start supporting DE i feel is deserved since they are the ones who helped kindled the fire that is the warframe that we all love today.

inb4 grakata wraith

3 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

As someone who did not get both... I say no.

No, I believe they were gifts, should they ever need to return, maybe whent the game gets out of Beta?

soooo never then? this game is always going to be in beta 

Just now, Govictory said:

i would have mixed feelings about the possibility of bringing back the braton and lato vandal

i mean they were for the beta testers as a way of saying thank you since DE did not know how far warframe was going to go for

But let's be totally fair here: The Braton Vandal was only available for all of four days. Even people that participated in the Open Beta Weekend event easily missed it.

I don't have the original Vandals, but if they ever come back, give the people from closed beta an exclusive 'skin' for their weapon; skin being in the form of an effect not unlike the Unusual effects in TF2.

I initially thought that the point of these things were to give people a sort of souvenir; "Here, you were with us during this time and this is a reward/trinket to remember it by."

If you suddenly give me and all the other players a (relatively) easy way to acquire, say, the Lato and Braton Vandal (login, quest, or event rewards) then the players' item received in CB would lose their meaning unless you give another item that is purely aesthetic to go with the weapon. This could apply to the old Vandals (Lato, Braton, Snipetron) or other event weapons as well.

Just now, Kuari said:

It's a completely fair comparison, doesn't matter if it's tied by legal means or not. We participated in the closed beta and there for got something unique out of it and suddenly taking that away would be like anyone who got founders pack suddenly not being unique in the fact that they have, say excal prime.

I mean, I'm fine with them being reintroduced, so long as we get fair compensation for having helped/played in closed beta. Hell, most people ONLY want them for the mastery involved and for bragging rights.

How does it not matter that it's legally tied down? If they re-release Founder goodies, they will most probably brought into litigation. If they re-release Lato/Braton Vandal, they won't be liable for anything legally. 

You're speaking from a sentimental standpoint. Again, no one cares if you were there during beta or not. 

Just now, Punchedface said:

I don't have the original Vandals, but if they ever come back, give the people from closed beta an exclusive 'skin' for their weapon; skin being in the form of an effect not unlike the Unusual effects in TF2.

I initially thought that the point of these things were to give people a sort of souvenir; "Here, you were with us during this time and this is a reward/trinket to remember it by."

If you suddenly give me and all the other players a (relatively) easy way to acquire, say, the Lato and Braton Vandal (login, quest, or event rewards) then the players' item received in CB would lose their meaning unless you give another item that is purely aesthetic to go with the weapon. This could apply to the old Vandals (Lato, Braton, Snipetron) or other event weapons as well.

This is a great idea, everyone who had the "original" vandal versions get a skin for the vandal that applies an unusual effect on them would be awesome and unique.

I vote yes, if closed beta players get something else for their time in closed beta. I sadly missed getting the braton vandal due to time, but I still got the lato from being in closed beta, if it's going to return as a milestone or what ever(which honestly it should it's a vandal not some special prime weapon) then those who were in closed beta should get something like...a unique syandana or weapon skin, something purely cosmetic.

Id prefer that anything that gives mastery should be something that rotates in the game, even Baro's items come back around, if a tad slowly. So the lato and braton vandals, which give mastery, should make a come back, as should all 'exclusive' items that give mastery. Or you could just make them not give mastery if they are going to be exclusive, make them special cosmetics that alter stats, rather than whole other weapons.

I'm personally neutral on the idea, if they remain Closed Beta trophies then that's fine, but if they do return again that'd be pretty neat too. Honestly I'd settle for a Prisma variant of those weapons just so the general playerbase has access to an upgraded variant of those guns*, not to mention something to match our Prisma Skanas.

*At least an upgraded Lato anyway, we already have Braton Prime afterall.

Any chance of a soundtrack due to songs such as "Second Dream - Extended Version" that's on the YouTube channel? I'm absolutely enjoying it and really hate leaving my PS4 on just to hear it. Would totally like to buy it to support one my favourite games of all time (Yea, you guys knocked Mass Effect out of the running quite easily for me).

Anyone else someone that would buy it also? I know I wouldn't hesitate.

Just now, Roachester said:

But let's be totally fair here: The Braton Vandal was only available for all of four days. Even people that participated in the Open Beta Weekend event easily missed it.

3 minutes ago, Govictory said:

but yes i would love to have a chance to get my hands on these weapons but if we do get a chance to get them i feel that the people who were here in beta should either get some sort of fancy weapon, an exclusive syandana, or i guess a weapon skin. The game is farther along now than it was at the early beta so a little something for those people who have been here since the very start supporting DE i feel is deserved since they are the ones who helped kindled the fire that is the warframe that we all love today.

inb4 grakata wraith

i see you completely ignored this part i bolded and said if we had a chance to get them again the beta players should get something else along with the chance at the braton and lato vandal so they could have  the beta bragging rights still and everyone gets some mastery fodder