The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, all this talk of exclusivity, there is one little piece of exclusivity I am proud of, a skin that most likely not that many people have:

IAHgames Braton.png

I like using this on my Braton Prime every now and then.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

3 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Thats cute... I use it on my Vandal... exclusivity inception

Reveal hidden contents

mNEMif8.jpg

Doesn't fit with all your cyan. o.o

Stick to the Vandal standard.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

On 18.07.2016 at 4:39 PM, Artorius-Alter said:

Doesn't fit with all your blue. :P

Stick to the Vandal standard.

To be honest I don't use it at all, it breakes my fashion frame. I once recollored everything, every frame and every weapon so it fits with IAH Braton :| it wasn't worth it

23 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Now I'm waiting for someone to show their Braton Vandal with Nvidia skin

Does it even exist tough? I know it once leaked and everyone had it as default skin, but I don't think it was ever released

Edited by markus230

2 minutes ago, markus230 said:

To be honest I don't use it at all, it breakes my fashion frame. I once recollored everything, every frame and every weapon so it fits with IAH Braton :| it wasn't worth it

Fashion frame supreme!

I personally don't use Braton Prime enough to tailor a color set to the IAH Braton skin, especially since I also use a color set across all frames and weapons.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Also, all this talk of exclusivity, there is one little piece of exclusivity I am proud of, a skin that most likely not that many people have:

IAHgames Braton.png

wow, yeah, that's pretty rare. First time I've seen this skin in modern day warframe. Something even rarer is the nvidia skin, not sure if that's still in the game or if they retrieved it.

3 minutes ago, Arniox said:

wow, yeah, that's pretty rare. First time I've seen this skin in modern day warframe. Something even rarer is the nvidia skin, not sure if that's still in the game or if they retrieved it.

It's been retrieved, the only form in which the Nvidia skin was released, was as a bug, making all standard Bratons use the skin.

Safe to say, likely nobody has it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

It's been retrieved, the only form in which the Nvidia skin was released, was as a bug, making all standard Bratons use the skin.

Safe to say, likely nobody has it.

ah, that's a shame, still, though, it then makes this probably the rarest skin on any weapon by far. I'de love to see something rarer if you have something up your sleve, I love rare collectables :P

2 minutes ago, Arniox said:

ah, that's a shame, still, though, it then makes this probably the rarest skin on any weapon by far. I'de love to see something rarer if you have something up your sleve, I love rare collectables :P

I don't think I do, the IAH Braton skin is the rarest thing I got I think, not counting vaulted primes, that skin was only shortly available and you had to make a new account through IAHGames to get a code for it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, Artorius-Alter said:

IAHgames Braton.png

I got that one... twice as you could have gotten it from 2 seperate events

15 hours ago, DogManDan said:

If they never brought the topic up in the first place and stayed with their promise that these remain exclusive we would not be here in this position at this time. You state something as exclusive and you stick with that word and NEVER consider re-introduction of it again as it was stated 5/2013

If I was of a cynical disposition I would think the main reason this was brought up was to deflect attention away from what a complete flustercluck the latest update was ;)

On 18.07.2016 at 6:14 PM, Arniox said:

I think Rixty Aklato Skin might be rarer, It required you to buy plat through Rixty... shame that Rixty didn't work for me

Anyway, I think we've gone slightly offtopic

Edited by markus230

I was in the early beta, but I never recieved either weapons. Obviously I didn't get in early enough, but even though I was stillin the game super early on in the development, and still didn't receive them, I DON'T think they should return to the general populous. They are unique weapons that signify one's dedication to the game. Just because someone has something that we can't have, doesn't mean we should automatically be able to have it. Just like those who have priceless works of art or sculptures that are made by a famous artist, that doesn't mean that those works should be duplicated and made available for purchase.

The only exception I might offer is that, like how artificial duplicates of sculptures or art, they have less value, and in the game's case, worse stats, or are distinctly different from the originals. 

2 minutes ago, Black_Lister said:

I was in the early beta, but I never recieved either weapons. Obviously I didn't get in early enough, but even though I was stillin the game super early on in the development, and still didn't receive them, I DON'T think they should return to the general populous. They are unique weapons that signify one's dedication to the game. Just because someone has something that we can't have, doesn't mean we should automatically be able to have it. Just like those who have priceless works of art or sculptures that are made by a famous artist, that doesn't mean that those works should be duplicated and made available for purchase.

The only exception I might offer is that, like how artificial duplicates of sculptures or art, they have less value, and in the game's case, worse stats, or are distinctly different from the originals. 

So give console a Lato vandal and Braton vandal with different stats, works for me as long as its significantly better than the Lato.

If the main reason for not wanting the vandals to return is to show off how long you been supporting the game, DE should consider to add in the date when you started playing in a visible spot to others, like in the main profile page ingame or something. Some exclusive skin to the original owners of both guns should be more than sufficient. 

Im proud of being a Founder of this game because i have the feeling i helped this game to start and to become what it is today, not because i have some gear that others dont.

And from my experince in this game i lost some good friends/players because the fact that they could never reach my mastery rank because of those said exclusives.

Edited by Bombazen
Adding and correcting my terrible English

1 minute ago, Bombazen said:

If the main reason for not wanting the vandals to return is to show off how long you been supporting the game, DE should consider to add in the date when you started playing in a visible spot to others, like in the main profile page ingame or something. Some exclusive skin to the original owners of both guns should be more than sufficient. 

Im proud of being a Founder of this game because i have the feeling i helped this game to start and to become what it is today, not because i have some gear that others dont.

This makes sense actually also because I'd like to know when I started playing.

On 18.07.2016 at 9:54 PM, siralextraffo said:

Well, you can check that in the website profile, not the forum one, the main website account. 

It used to give you number of years and months, But with new design of mainsite it only shows how many years you've played

19 hours ago, DogManDan said:

If they never brought the topic up in the first place and stayed with their promise that these remain exclusive we would not be here in this position at this time. You state something as exclusive and you stick with that word and NEVER consider re-introduction of it again as it was stated 5/2013

I am pretty sure the only things that were officially declared exclusive were the founder items and the said everything except the founder items has a chance, however small, to come back.

Just now, gunslinger20121 said:

I am pretty sure the only things that were officially declared exclusive were the founder items and the said everything except the founder items has a chance, however small, to come back.

The Vandal situation is a bit more complicated as in the forums Rebecca called those weapons exclusives, but in private Steve(or Scott, can't remember) stated something like "never say never". 

I'm 100% for them coming back, but let's say to be fair that those weapons were said to be exclusive more than not at the beginning. 

Just now, siralextraffo said:

The Vandal situation is a bit more complicated as in the forums Rebecca called those weapons exclusives, but in private Steve(or Scott, can't remember) stated something like "never say never". 

I'm 100% for them coming back, but let's say to be fair that those weapons were said to be exclusive more than not at the beginning. 

They have publicly said on several devstreams that everything minus the founder stuff has a chance to come back. So no one can truly get mad at their so called "exclusives" being rereleased because they weren't really exclusive to begin with. You just had to be playing at the right time.

5 minutes ago, gunslinger20121 said:

They have publicly said on several devstreams that everything minus the founder stuff has a chance to come back. So no one can truly get mad at their so called "exclusives" being rereleased because they weren't really exclusive to begin with. You just had to be playing at the right time.

I totally agree and I don't even think founders' stuff should be exclusive, was just reporting the facts as at the very, very beginning Rebecca posted a faq stating Vandal weapons were not coming back; I think someone posted it here some pages ago. 

It was also in a time when Warframe could have likely lasted less than a year in Dr's mind, we all have to remember that when judging those early choices. 

That said, I'm glad they're reconsidering it now as as you said I don't think they should have been exclusive at all in the first place. 

Damage is done tho and now it wouldn't really be fair to release them again without some sort of compensation, no matter if we think it's deserved or not. 

Edited by siralextraffo