Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Govictory said:

i see you completely ignored this part i bolded and said if we had a chance to get them again the beta players should get something else along with the chance at the braton and lato vandal so they could have  the beta bragging rights still and everyone gets some mastery fodder

I read your post. Just pointing out how ridiculous the Braton Vandal's distribution was in the first place, and why it should definitely be brought back.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Edited by Roachester
More words.

1 hour ago, oshunter124 said:

You can ask for it back through support. Generally on the topic of selling stuff like that, excalibur prime and other non-obtainable weapons they're generally lenient on giving stuff like that back.

ooh i'll try it, thanks

As a login milestone, maybe.

We didn't have to jump through any crazy hoops to get them, we simply logged in. So it would only be fitting for them to be added as a milestone for dedicated players.

Edited by Aoden

Personally when when i come to items / content that have been released freely or by event it should be OK to reuse later down the line as long as the method of acquiring them doesn't trivialize the original release of the item.

I understand the reason behind payed items  like excal prime (despite my own urge) etc staying exclusive as they were one time rewards to had to buy into to earn.

I have been playing since closed beta, back when I couldn't afford more than a hunter founder package. I do own the Lato Vandal, but was ignorant to the fact that the Braton Vandal was in the market during that time, and as such missed it. 

I know it's not the best weapon, and that most people just see it as mastery fodder, but the completionist in me wishes for their return. Whether it be from Sorties, or simply given to players via the inbox you didn't have when they first released, I feel like them returning to the game would be a good thing.

Making these weapons available to all players would be kind of an inconsiderate move to founders/beta players. It seems like the obvious answer here is to just remove mastery from these items. That way nobody will feel like they're getting screwed.

I don't have either, and I voted no. I'm not gonna make a fuss since this isn't about any of the founders packs, and I'll agree with DE's decision, but I don't see why we can't just let certain rare items stay rare. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I don't see much of a reason to not return these items. I know they are special in the fact that they were given to members who joined for the first week of Open Beta, but there were people who were active during that time and didn't know that they were given a chance to get it until it was too late.

They aren't different from every other Vandal/Wraith/Prime weapon in that they're exclusive. They were just given as gifts to those who were active during the first week of Warframe's Open Beta. I think they should return, but not outright like in Sortie Rewards or anything. I think they should be either re-released in a special event, or set into Login Rewards at a certain login requirement of 300 days or something... (could be a bit much... but. That's my take on it.)

No reason to keep them from people now, I'm sure it will make more people happy than not. I think there will be salt about it to a point, but not as much as if you guys re-released Excalibur Prime... oh man...

Yeah, let's no go there...

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

@[DE]Rebecca - I have a suggestion that might please both original owners of Excal Prime/Braton Vandal and the dedicated veterans that might've missed the opportunity to get those items:

Why not create "super deluxe" skins with unique special effects for Excal Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime, Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal, entirely exclusive to Master Founders/Open Beta players?

I mean, what the original founders want is something exclusive that proves that they were the first to believe in the game's potential. If you were to create a brand new, more ornate, completely unique Prime skin for Excalibur Prime for instance (with unique visual and sound effects), you could then release Excalibur Prime to the public, and the Master Founders would still have something awesome that absolutely no one else but them would have. Same with the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal; simply re-release the weapons, but give all Open Beta players an unique Lotus-themed skin for those weapons (with the same Lotus logo firing special effect seen on the Dex weapons.)

Edited by Bleako

Just now, LegendaryDie said:

Making these weapons available to all players would be kind of an inconsiderate move to founders/beta players. It seems like the obvious answer here is to just remove mastery from these items. That way nobody will feel like they're getting screwed.

I don't see how founders/beta players will "be screwed". There were skins that at one point that were supposed to be a limited time only, and they came back. Stuff that was in the void that was removed that came back... etc. I don't remember people complaining about Snipetron Vandal when it came back, and that is a pretty old Vandal too.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

It's just as inconsiderate as recycling event guns to early event players (snipetron vandal).

I don't see how that's inconsiderate. It isn't like DE is handing them to anybody.
They still have to deal with RNG in Sorties. :3

Coming from someone who has neither:

Brandal was an item that was bought at the market for 1 credit and you had to be there at the time, anyone could have gotten it so I think it would be okay for it to come back.

Landal on the other hand was a gift for the close beta players for their support, and as such I feel it's not necesary for it to come back, don't get me wrong I would love it if it did but I think in this case it'd more fair for it if it happened not to come back when compared to the braton.

Edited by RahuHordika

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I don't see how that's inconsiderate. It isn't like DE is handing them to anybody.
They still have to deal with RNG in Sorties. :3

Noone said how the vandals might get recycled IF they get recycled at all. They might be a sortie loot as well.

I think it would be cool. I still hope the day comes where ancient events will be reworked into Quests so newer players can experience them even if they end up having different rewards (since Sorties currently handle event weapons). 

Edit: Also Rebecca you look tired in that thumbnail. I guess Tennocon sapped you of all your energy huh? 

Edited by Tymerc