Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, -MortisThorne- said:

Everyone always demands Founders exclusive, that's one thing that'll never end u_u But I dont recall these two being Exclusive? Weren't they just rewards for one of the older events, like in closed beta or something?

I missed out on Snipetron Vandal the first time but was able to get it. I also missed out on nearly every Wraith but have been able to get a few of them. (screw you Vulkar Wraith come back to mama). I mean just because it's only been around once, doesnt mean it should come back :P obviously unless its Founders, they paid for that lmao

Last I checked, they're supposed to be exclusive, I can't remember 'cause it's been two years, at least.  Entirely possible I'm wrong though, but they were tied directly to Closed Beta rewards, not as an event, but as thanks for participating.

As for the events, I had no issue with that cause those are just events, and a lot of them are mods that are essential, I'd feel terrible if they didn't get released.  Either way, if they weren't supposed to be exclusive, then I have no problem with it.

Edited by UFOLoche

On 8/3/2016 at 8:57 AM, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

I think that there should be an exchange. 

Give players who had those weapon exclusively before:

1) an achievement only they can have

2) an exclusive skin for them to keep having something exclusive to  represent their participation at the time

3) an exclusive trophy to decorate the Liset

4) let them choose a Prime Accessories pack and give them for free. 

5) 1000 plat.

By giving them a large goodie bag, I think that it would all be cool. 

"ain't it excessive?"

No, I don't think it's excessive, for a few reasons.

The community was much, much smaller, these weapons in the hands of very few people comparatively to the current community. It's not like they will hemorrage money by giving away stuff for those veterans, especially because they will also re-release the vandal parts, which will heat up P2P trades and the plat market.

I regret not jumping on Warframe sooner and I don't have them. 

If you just give a skin it will feel like a "shut up" gift, it won't be satisfying enough. 

But they NEED to at least replace one exclusive with another. The skin will actually be very expensive gift, because it's an exclusive and will have to be really made, and cost man-hours of artist development. 

Picking up stuff from the vault, like prime accessories, is the easy part. giving away plat is very easy as well. These gifts take very little effort, and are good as a complement. But they are NOT EXCLUSIVE. So they must figure as a  complement. 

They are also an awesome form of marketing. It's one thing for Steve to go to the devstream and say how he loves and respects the ones which saved the company. But taking action and rewarding them is another thing entirely. It should be thought of as "marketing budget". 

A move like this, with an exclusive skin, an exclusive Liset totem and a large goodie bag, sends a good message throughout the community. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

On 3 August 2016 at 0:57 PM, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

2) an exclusive skin for them to keep having something exclusive to  represent their participation at the time

5) 1000 plat.

Is that all? Surely the goodie bag should be hand delivered by Rebecca and Megan, wearing nothing but perfume, lipstick and smiles?

these guys logged for Heks sake, they actually logged in, can you imagine what sort of dedication that took? show the respect that's due, don't trivialise their contribution with just the above.

How about hand maidens that follow them around in game, scattering rose petals in their path, just 2 or 3, nothing too ostentatious.

2 hours ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

If you just give a skin it will feel like a "shut up" gift, it won't be satisfying enough.

A "shut up" gift is really all that's necessary. I guarantee you this: Not a single one of us beta testers put in ANY amount of effort to get these two weapons.

You logged in ONCE during the closed beta? Congratulations, you get the Lato Vandal.

You logged in and spent one measly credit during the four days immediately following the end of the closed beta test in order to get the Braton Vandal? Once again, congratulations.

In all honesty, asking for a cosmetic item (or anything else, for that matter) as compensation is already pushing it, but if it'll help stem the inevitable flow of rage posts following their re-release, then it's gotta happen, even if it is just to keep certain people quiet.

But they NEED to at least replace one exclusive with another. The skin will actually be very expensive gift, because it's an exclusive and will have to be really made, and cost man-hours of artist development. 

Which is why asking for anything more is going way too far. 

Picking up stuff from the vault, like prime accessories, is the easy part. giving away plat is very easy as well. These gifts take very little effort, and are good as a complement. But they are NOT EXCLUSIVE. So they must figure as a  complement. 

You're asking them to just hand us almost $100 worth of stuff... simply because we happened to be in the right place at the right time, and were lucky enough to be granted access to the closed beta. 

Personally, I would love to have all that stuff for free -- anybody would, but the question here is whether or not I DESERVE it.

The answer to that question would be "No".

They are also an awesome form of marketing. It's one thing for Steve to go to the devstream and say how he loves and respects the ones which saved the company. But taking action and rewarding them is another thing entirely. It should be thought of as "marketing budget". 

Like I said earlier, one or two simple cosmetic items is all the reward necessary. Nothing more.

A move like this, with an exclusive skin, an exclusive Liset totem and a large goodie bag, sends a good message throughout the community.

It'll send a good message to the people that are actually eligible to get these items, but what about everybody else? How do you think they'll feel?

Insulted, probably. Very, very insulted. We don't need any more of that kinda drama around here.

1 hour ago, Roachester said:

A "shut up" gift is really all that's necessary. I guarantee you this: Not a single one of us beta testers put in ANY amount of effort to get these two weapons.

You logged in ONCE during the closed beta? Congratulations, you get the Lato Vandal.

You logged in and spent one measly credit during the four days immediately following the end of the closed beta test in order to get the Braton Vandal? Once again, congratulations.

In all honesty, asking for a cosmetic item (or anything else, for that matter) as compensation is already pushing it, but if it'll help stem the inevitable flow of rage posts following their re-release, then it's gotta happen, even if it is just to keep certain people quiet.

Which is why asking for anything more is going way too far. 

You're asking them to just hand us almost $100 worth of stuff... simply because we happened to be in the right place at the right time, and were lucky enough to be granted access to the closed beta. 

Personally, I would love to have all that stuff for free -- anybody would, but the question here is whether or not I DESERVE it.

The answer to that question would be "No".

Like I said earlier, one or two simple cosmetic items is all the reward necessary. Nothing more.

It'll send a good message to the people that are actually eligible to get these items, but what about everybody else? How do you think they'll feel?

Insulted, probably. Very, very insulted. We don't need any more of that kinda drama around here.

Well, thanks for the post sir. 

*handshake*

No, this weapon was released in celebration to the open-beta weekend. It's a memory that we own for appreciating how far Warframe has progressed from it's beta days several years ago. Releasing this weapon again would only soil an important milestone in Warframe's development history. 

Was this poll restricted to players who own the Braton and Lato vandal? I doubt it.

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

On 8/3/2016 at 4:57 AM, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

5) 1000 plat.

the funniest part about this is the fact that you arent even joking, you really think you should be entitled to all this, dont you?

This is the purest example of entitlement ive seen on these forums. 

14 hours ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

"ain't it excessive?"

No, I don't think it's excessive, for a few reasons.

The community was much, much smaller, these weapons in the hands of very few people comparatively to the current community. It's not like they will hemorrage money by giving away stuff for those veterans, especially because they will also re-release the vandal parts, which will heat up P2P trades and the plat market.

I regret not jumping on Warframe sooner and I don't have them. 

Dude that's insane....it's not even funny. It's not going to happen. I'm done*gets up  and grow outside....gets sunburn marches back inside house and goes to sleep* You'll get like 50 plat some boosters and a sigil at most.

1 hour ago, armedpoop said:

the funniest part about this is the fact that you arent even joking, you really think you should be entitled to all this, dont you?

This is the purest example of entitlement ive seen on these forums. 

Besides the free prime access pack and 1k plat (Which is stupid because we don't deserve $70 worth of free stuff for little effort) I don't see anything else that's wrong. The lato vandal was a gift as a thank you to players who actually helped and tested their game when it was just starting off.  Now releasing these weapons after it was a gift and DE said it'd never come back is a huge middle finger to anybody who owns these weapons. It's not entitlement at all it was a something special hence why he said an exclusive skin, if they do want to ruin that special gift I agree we should get a skin in return. Skins don't give mastery and it can end this stupid "he has more mastery because he has those weapons"  threads I've seen from time to time. 

Not to mention this post is insanely one sided, DE obviously knew what the out come of this post would be but because of it they can now say "the community voted yes" excuse. 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

People want shinies. That's just natural. If some shinies are locked away then they will whine until they get it if there is any remote chance they can get them to appear no matter how good or S#&$ty it is. In this case I think a majority of the people that have this weapon view it as a closed beta exclusive from DE. Problem with voting for this sort of thing is that people are greedy. They want it to fill their stockpiles for mastery fodder. It holds no special place for them in their armory. The people that have them, I believe, actually cherish them. My Braton Vandal is still my most used weapon 1000+ hours in. It was a gift from a dev team as a thank you and it means something to me when I use it. Allowing it to be available to all waters it down and makes it feel less meaningful. Of course the people that want these will vastly outnumber those that have them or don't care/want because you are asking the mob if they want something they don't have for free. Greedy mob will always want what they don't have. The only reason they are pushing it is because no one at DE made a firm stance on them like they did for founders weapons/frame. No became maybe and hopefully it won't become a yes as they get pressured to reinstitute assets that they once said wouldn't be re-released because they meant something.

27 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

What?

Had to check back on that to be sure and it looks like my memory isn't as good as i thought, woops. I remember playing well before founder started and i was pretty sure that the Lato Vandal came out beforehand but the wiki says no so maybe i should play more memory games, oh well.

Edited by Kaoru_Sugimura

2 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

Had to check back on that to be sure and it looks like my memory isn't as good as i thought, woops. I remember playing well before founder started and i was pretty sure that the Lato Vandal came out beforehand but the wiki says no so maybe i should play more memory games, oh well.

You're kinda right in a sense that lato vandal was released before they extended the founders program by six months or something, i guess.

Absolutely not.

I can't believe this is even a discussion. I first entered this thread thinking this was a poll for the next vandal weapon.  Are we going to have a poll for Excalibur prime too?  The Lato and Braton Vandal are special and is an important milestone for warframe in general like others have pointed out. I've played Warframe since the beginning, and even though I did not manage to buy the founders pack, I strongly believe it's something that shouldn't come back - EVER, just like the LatoV and BratonV. Just like I have, it's time for others to deal with it.  The sense of entitlement this community has is hilarious and both depressing and as far as I'm concerned the only people who deserve these weapons are the ones who participated in closed beta. 

I'm disappointed that there is a poll on obsolete relics of the past, when we have a plethora weapons that would be fantastic candidates to become "vandalized". 

Keep to your word DE.

Edited by Juebev

I don't care anymore.

I used to care, back when vandal and wraith weapons were one-time-only event rewards.  Back then, I took some measure of pride in my collection of vandal and wraith weapons.  They were symbols of my participation in every Warframe event.  Some were even worth using, but most weren't terribly powerful for the most part.  It was a weapon's exclusive association with a unique event that made it special.

That's gone now.  DE are making these weapons available periodically, sometimes widely available.  Want a latron wraith, but you didn't participate in Operation Cryotic Front?  Keep running the daily sortie.  Or just buy the parts from other players, no need to actually run the missions.

In doing this, DE have destroyed what made vandal and wraith weapons special in the first place.  Now they're just mastery fodder, or to assuage some players' OCD (Obsessive Collecting Disorder).

May as well take the closed-beta-only weapons and throw them open to everyone too.  Why should they be special when nothing else is?

You know sometimes a TV show starts, no hype, minor channel but by its 3rd or 4th season it's on a major network, everyone follows it, talks about it in work the next day. Ever noticed how there is always someone who has to put into every conversation the fact that they watched it before it was popular? Like they want some sort of special recognition just because they stumbled across something whilst channel hopping one night.

1 hour ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

You know sometimes a TV show starts, no hype, minor channel but by its 3rd or 4th season it's on a major network, everyone follows it, talks about it in work the next day. Ever noticed how there is always someone who has to put into every conversation the fact that they watched it before it was popular? Like they want some sort of special recognition just because they stumbled across something whilst channel hopping one night.

You don't know me at all.

How about if they give the weapons out they refund the cost of them to the original owners? By my count that would be exactly 1 credit lol.

Teasing aside can people please stop with the demanding founders exclusives please - you'll get excal umbra soon, you won't need the prime to upgrade your fave frame then. If DE react to how feedback has gone you'll potentially get the Lato Vandal upgrade too (Braton already has one but more the merrier I guess). Founders paid good money to support the pipedream - they earned the exclusivity, not quite the same with beta weapons. They were free and some missed out because there was no inbox messages in the game back then.

On 14/7/2016 at 8:47 PM, oshunter124 said:

While we are at it can we also bring back braton vandals lovely old firing sounds?

the old braton sound effect is DA BEST !! i wish they could actually bring back the old sound effect, i hate the new one, is too loud