Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Xavier_Rayne said:

I think that content that contributes to a players progression (in the form of mastery) should be given even stronger consideration for reimplementation.

i dont think i could have said it better myself. beautifully worded

I'm all about all exclusives being released eventually as a collector. Ive had my 3 years with excalibur and sanka, though I'm sure many other founders wouldn't want the unwashed masses getting them and making founder somehow less important, even as a pay only vault. Same with these Vandals because there are very few true snowflake items out there for people to show off, no matter if they only ever have it equipped for relays.

But if it does happen, It would be nice for completing the full map. There is no real final prize at the end.

5 minutes ago, Xavier_Rayne said:

TL;DR - Bring the Vandal weapons back (please), but provide the older players with consolation in the form of exclusive player icons, emblems, and/or weapon Skins.

Same.. that is a must have...

Skin´s /badge/Icon/sigil´s/syandana

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

I'm all about all exclusives being released eventually as a collector.

As for the founder items..

They could release them again ... if they would offer us other esclusive things like Skins / armor / syandana´s /platinum/ and so on .. Orokin designed liset ..

..but they would have to double/triple the prize.. just for Fairness.. it wasn´t for free .. and it was an exclusive deal

I'd love to see these weapons return, but I'd hate to see them just become another Sortie reward. I feel like their means of acquisition should be as special as before. Remember the Informant event that marked the return of the Snipetron along with the then-new Snipetron Vandal? Maybe something like that. Then, to ensure that it doesn't become completely unattainable again, maybe rotate it in with occasional small weekend events to the effect of the old Fusion MOA Weekend or something.

EDIT: While I obviously would want them, on second thought I'm not 100% sure I would want them back in the game. They're special, they're meaningful. They signify a time long ago. The Braton Vandal was made available in an awkward fashion for Open Beta weekend, so I'd have less problems with that weapon making a limited return, but I'm pretty sure the Lato Vandal was straight-up given to Closed Beta players exclusively, so maybe not that. At the very least, could we get the PBR treatment on the standard Lato soon? I think I could settle for that.

Edited by Kappatalist

I voted yes.

If the Lato Vandal came back, maybe it'll be an excuse to buff it and its Primed cousin? I have 5 Formas on my regular Lato. I love how it handles, it just lacks the firepower to handle higher level content.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

yes to braton, im not so sold on making the lato available though

acquisition ideas:

good quest (not second dream lvl but sands of inaros, heck yeah!)

reward when game exits the mystical land of beta

a 325/375/425 etc... reward i feel like those should be landmarks as well.

Of course the majority of people will want them. 

But that doesn't mean that they should come back. 

Those guns were the rewards for those who were first in. The original players who paved the way for everyone else 

Because of that, I say keep them exclusive, as an acknowledgement of those who came first. 

4 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Of course the majority of people will want them. 

But that doesn't mean that they should come back. 

Those guns were the rewards for those who were first in. The original players who paved the way for everyone else 

Because of that, I say keep them exclusive, as an acknowledgement of those who came first. 

You and i are also old player´s .. And i think that everything should return..

Even the founder packs .. but only for Money.. for a higher price .. (just because of the fact that they weren´t grind-able)

And something as a reward for the founder (depends on founder rank)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666
25 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

but felt the need to make a meaningless comment , strait up of no value to the topic what so ever. at least give feedback ,an opinion. or comment on a comment but please don't make Meaningless comments.

how do you feel about the missing mastery EXP that you can never get if these weapons don't become available again? i feel as if players should not be punished for not knowing about the game or having access to the game by a specific point

I didn't think it was meaningless, it's a 3rd viewpoint that isn't reflected in the poll. I don't care about MR, I don't chase mastery...no idea how I got to MR20, guess that's what happens when you play for years and just try things for fun. I wouldn't use either weapon as they aren't sufficiently different to interest me.

I'd be fine with the Braton coming back as I was invited to the close and here since open and never knew about the Braton vandal in the market till it was to late, Lato would be nice but like many people who had Invites to the closed beta and had to miss it for various reasons, The lato would be nice for the sentimental value , but I can see why some of the lucky beta players that where able to play the beta cause they had the time might like to have the lato as a badge of honor to say "look I was here" but as a lot of people say the issue with a weapon is it isn't noticeable, but a good compromise might be  if you release both make a special badge for the closed beta testers so they have a token of their loyalty and something they can show for it.

eturn the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal 

Return the Brato and lato Vandal is great idea ,in my case ,I play this game since 3 years ago,BUT i miss those weapons ,it is sad to me i can not having them anymore

Bring them back ,plz

If ok, you can set those weapon as a gift for your fourth year celebration :)

Spoiler
Spoiler

A Braton and Lato Vandal set would be nice for completionists like myself, but they were given as thank-yous to early adopters.

If they must return, I think it would be fair to reward those original users with beautiful, unique skins that they can use on any variation of the Braton and Lato. In this way, if they use the Prime variant (which outstrips the Vandal in every way), they can display their dedication with a weapon they might still find useful as veterans.

I don't really know, because I find myself questioning all the time as to the point of variant weapons in Warframe. What purpose do they serve? Why add the same weapon, with slightly different stats and no defining qualities? What role is enhanced by it? What's the distinction between Wraith and Vandal besides the visual appearance?

I absolutely hate the idea of content for the sake of content. So, I feel like I don't have enough information to make any informed decision on this matter. I don't know the game design reason why variants exist; Wraiths, Vandals, Dex, Mara, Prisma, and even Primes all seem to be just absolutely defiant of any logical conclusion. If I knew why the variants exist in the game, I'd tell you if I thought the Braton and Lato Vandal should come back, but I don't really know why any of these kinds of weapons exist at all.

And Mastery Rank is definitely not a solid enough reason for variant weapons to be a thing.

This conversation makes me feel like only players who bought Founders Packs or knew about this game early in general get to have anything worthwile in this game, let alone recognition.

I play for the team that doesn't let exclusivity cloud their judgement. All things should be obtainable, just that some should be milestones. But we're too late into Warframe's existence to change that, really.