Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No whatever the feel of the community, no. It IS the special distinction of the beta closed players.

I don't have them. I don't want them. It's an honor that can't be claimed by the community simply because they want them.

What's next? Excalibur Prime?

Please don't do this.

Edited by Siolith

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Interesting point that maintains a meta-signifier of sorts.

BTW, i don't know why you ignore opportunity to give some badges and sigils for OBT and Close beta testers. ALSO this even better. That not a 3k standing what borrow new players, and this is better than a completly outdated weapon and you can always show it, not just in short new MR time.

Just now, DustyPwny said:

This conversation makes me feel like only players who bought Founders Packs or knew about this game early in general get to have anything worthwile in this game, let alone recognition.

I play for the team that doesn't let exclusivity cloud their judgement. All things should be obtainable, just that some should be milestones. But we're too late into Warframe's existence to change that, really.

Out of curiosity: What about the Founders/Beta items do you consider to be worthwhile?

3 minutes ago, Siolith said:

No whatever the feel of the community, no. It IS the special distinction of the beta closed players.

I don't have them. I don't want them. It's an honor that can't be claimed by the community simply because they want them.

Please don't do this.

Excalibur Prime.. Why not?

If it still cost´s money (more than before)

Surely .. there must be a reward/excuse for founder´s (Tier calculated)

But then , ok

For those that say these weapons were significant gifts or important to older players. I sold mine for credits after I got them XD

Definitely return them, more content. I think the ideas that have been suggested are great. Putting them as a login reward keeps the weapons significance. Since the weapons are weak using the original soundtracks makes them even more significant. Not just for those with nostalgia on the mind but for new players because it's a completely different sound from the base braton.

1 minute ago, Postal_pat said:

For those that say these weapons were significant gifts or important to older players. I sold mine for credits after I got them XD

Definitely return them, more content. I think the ideas that have been suggested are great. Putting them as a login reward keeps the weapons significance. Since the weapons are weak using the original soundtracks makes them even more significant. Not just for those with nostalgia on the mind but for new players because it's a completely different sound from the base braton.

Hey mate.. Maybe they will get buffed if they would release them

6 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I think it would be great to see these return, because... the consoles didn't have a chance to access them, so giving the consoles a chance to access them would make some tenno really happy.

sry .. i cant leave this uncommented.. Everyone who would have known this game.. had the chance to get it..
3-4 years ago .. yes there didn´t exist a xbox one or ps4 ..but still pc´s... You can be happy that the consoles did get access to warframe (that was just luck)

My friend had the Chance to join early .. he didn´t .. and now he plays on ps4..

Consoles cannot be an excuse ofr everything

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

12 minutes ago, Siolith said:

Please don't do this.

Founders payed for Excalibur prime..

This is different. Totally different.

I absolutely agree that Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal should return, but make it in a way to receive them in terms of prestige and which doesn't entirely lose its exclusivity. 

Perhaps make it a reward on a sortie nightmare mode, which is only available for higher mastery ranks; or people that meets requirement for playing long enough to get it. In the sortie nightmare mode, you'll be able to get exclusive cosmetics and weapons (not including founder's). Or like someone just mentioned, being a log-in milestone reward. 

I think prestige is important to keep veterans feel like they deserved it for playing. Not sure if this is relevant to the topic, but i would suggest having an ability to add in mastery rank title when playing in missions. Such as having the mastery rank title symbol of "tiger" beside the player's name, and also an ability to have clan emblem above the names. Players can choose to put which title they want above their in-game name displayed like "Grineer slayer" etc, something in the steam achievements that can be shown would be awesome.  In addition with founders, there'll be an ability to show "Founder" status below their title.

An example would be like this:

Spoiler

TERA_ScreenShot_20150628_160540_zpsn4loa

7 minutes ago, Roachester said:

Out of curiosity: What about the Founders/Beta items do you consider to be worthwhile?

Their contribution to this game's lore, really. Always been a fan of Excal/Braton/Lato/Skana, enough to forma each of them at least twice.

Really glad that Braton Prime wasn't an exclusive, otherwise I miss out one hell of an Orokin relic.

as a CB tester I would say return them, but give people who played during the closed beta period a special syandana or something, so that we still have that exclusive feeling but it isn't locking other players out of stuff like mastery or gameplay

7 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

I really don't believe you, i've still got both of mine and the sell value for the braton vandal is 1 credit, the sell value for the lato vandal is 5k.....like, really.

but really, they were a reward for helping in closed beta and should be kept as such, if they do re-release them they need to add something of of value that is unique.

2 minutes ago, -PP-LittleCloud said:

Or like someone just mentioned, being a log-in milestone reward. 

I think prestige is important to keep veterans feel like they deserved it for playing.

i would suggest having an ability to add in mastery rank title when playing in missions. Such as having the mastery rank title symbol of "tiger" beside the player's name,

Players can choose to put which title they want above their in-game name displayed like "Grineer slayer" etc, something in the steam achievements that can be shown would be awesome.  In addition with founders, there'll be an ability to show "Founder" status below their title.

An example would be like this:

Reveal hidden contents

TERA_ScreenShot_20150628_160540_zpsn4loa

Yes pls

heh u guys just dont get it 

instead of developing new weapons you will just get these two recycled weapon which are both borderline useless tier, they are just offering them as "filler" without investing development time for that instance 

thrown in some cheesy event or baro reward ducat sink etc waste of time

you want it for MR alone ? we have more than enough MR trash grind gear already more wasting time with no change to gameplay

why wouldnt you like some new weapons, with awesome new models + animations and innovative mechanics instead ah well suckers 

1 minute ago, Kuari said:

I really don't believe you, i've still got both of mine and the sell value for the braton vandal is 1 credit, the sell value for the lato vandal is 5k.....like, really.

but really, they were a reward for helping in closed beta and should be kept as such, if they do re-release them they need to add something of of value that is unique.

I had been casually playing since February at that point. Back then I needed credits more then a reskin of gun I already had.

They weren't a reward for helping in closed-beta anyone that logged in on that day could of gotten those weapons. That fact that we played before that day was not significant in handing out these weapons.

10 minutes ago, Extraxi said:

I've rode out my snobby exclusivity enjoyment. Others can have Lato/Braton Vandal now.

But I would like PC to get Obsidian/Jade skins.

Same here.. They have stable Prices for those Skins ..

We have steam Skins ... unstable .. 2 -200 € for a Skin ..

And now DE is going to work for a steam market solution . (transfering Tenno-made-steam Skins to consoles)

That mean´s .. pc doesnt have any exclusive addition that isnt overpriced and unstable

2 minutes ago, DustyPwny said:

Their contribution to this game's lore, really. Always been a fan of Excal/Braton/Lato/Skana, enough to forma each of them at least twice.

Really glad that Braton Prime wasn't an exclusive, otherwise I miss out one hell of an Orokin relic.

Okay, that's understandable. I'm a pretty big fan of the Braton myself, to be honest.