[DE]Drew

Inventory Weekend for Baro Ki'Teer [Update July 29th]

7 minutes ago, ludo3009 said:

Primed disappointement.

4 minutes ago, Rolhn said:

My god DE, can you not be giving us so many crappy Baro sells? Like seriously it is starting to get annoying for us endgame players that are expecting things we don't have and yet you show us things that have been in the game for months already! So much Primed Disappointed in this Baro.

It's so true that you just can't please all the people all the time.

I, for one, am extremely happy with this selection.  I can get things I never got before and was unwilling to buy for exorbitant amounts of plat.  I was also happy to get the Primed Bane mods the last time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

I wonder where the "rebalanced pricing" and "new inventory" is. Seriously. They hyped up Baro for nothing. 

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

hm.. prices feel exactly the same as before...

Maybe you should read patch notes, the ducats you get for Prime parts were increased.

• Upvote 5

Another chance at the Impact mods, which is good for me because I didn't have time to get the Pistol and Rifle ones. Would have liked a chance at the Puncture ones first though.

But why is Fanged Fusillade there? :P

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

Maybe you should read patch notes, the ducats you get for Prime parts were increased.

Yet they didn't rebalance the credits you need now that credit gain have been nerfed by a good margin.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TheIdiotAxle said:

I certainly find the prices on the console offerings somewhat ..."inflated" ...considering I don't have the time to grind out anywhere near enough for some of the cosmetics alone.

If you don't have piles of spare stuff to burn, you aren't his target market. Baro's inventory is intended to be aspirational, not affordable.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

sure, i know, but i thought they might at least change the prices itself. Afterall two weeks ago he had nothing because of the revaluation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Some were increased, some got lowered.

If you check the items you get the most (and that you could sell before for 50d), it's a nerf.

It's logic, but I don't feel like it's gonna get easier to farm ducats. I even feel it will be the same.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, matto said:

Some were increased, some got lowered.

If you check the items you get the most (and that you could sell before for 50d), it's a nerf.

It's logic, but I don't feel like it's gonna get easier to farm ducats. I even feel it will be the same.

90% of parts went up in value, and we knew well in advance what was going to drop.

15 minutes ago, carnageXY said:

Not what I expected to be honest.

I thought since we can not farm ducats as easily they would lower the prices on the Baro items.

Yeah your not alone...I wasn't expecting ducat prices to go up either. Rebecca said that this could change so I guess we can hope they lower them a little.

2 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

90% of parts went up in value, and we knew well in advance what was going to drop.

You're right. It's just that before you could have a common at 50 since it had no logic at all.

Anyway, even considering it went up, as long as they don't bring new stuff, I don't consider it that useful...

Sure, new players will find it easier maybe...

But at the end of the day, experienced players still have nothing to spend their ducats for.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TheIdiotAxle said:

"Aspirational" ? As in " already inflated price gouge going to be sold for tons of plat " ?

As in "something for the have-nots to aspire to". Baro is a resource sink for end game players. He's presented as an arrogant high end merchant for a reason.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Depends on the items, if you looked at the actual adjustments, a few were increased, many were decreased ducat value going from 20 or 30 to 15, and a few, the super rare were given the 100 ducat value you would need to get effective ducat value in a fissure environment. DE had said during the devstreams that Baro's prices would not be adjusted, it seems that rumors to the contrary were incorrect. Shame that the statement that Baro would have a good inventory were incorrect; though players who missed these offerings last time will at least be able to get them this time instead. I would be interested in the scimitar skin at least, but in all my assassin killing; I haven't found more than one of those parts.

• Upvote 1

..I see nothing arrogant about him except for the prices on his wares ...and it's been mentioned a couple of times here that we the majority thought that the prices themselves were going to be easier for us to deal with ...the only real arrogance i'm seeing here is ...well...you...

• Upvote 6

Don't forget everyone that they made baros last visit had the same stock as the week before on purpose, with the promise on the last dev stream that THIS visit would have some "Cool and Exciting new things" for everyone... Nice one DE.

Edited by VanrythWolf
  • Upvote 1

Outrageously expensive, considering how:

• It's now more difficult to farm ducats because each Void Fissure mission only rewards 1 prime part.
    • There are no longer endless missions where players can obtain more than 1 prime part per mission.
  • It's less fun to play random missions for prime parts than play void missions for prime parts:
    • Endless Void Defense/Survival were fun but since prime parts were removed from its drop tables, few squads ever player these missions now.
    • Therefore there are fewer squads playing the Void Fissure missions than did Void missions before.
    • Therefore there are fewer ducats in circulation.
  • 600 ducats for Prisma Gorgon and 300-375 ducats for mods? Someone on the DE team has literally lost the plot.
    • Obtaining enough relics to play the Void Fissure missions alone would take an amount of time that would constitute as massive grinding, not to mention the time required to do enough of the Void Fissure missions for the prime parts.
    • Please take note that this is especially tough for novice players as they did not have a massive storage of Void keys from past exploits to convert to Relics.
Edited by WolfTitan
  • Upvote 15

1 minute ago, (XB1)TheIdiotAxle said:

..I see nothing arrogant about him except for the prices on his wares

Then you must be playing muted without subtitles, because 85% of his lines are thinly-veiled insults about how poor you look unless you have Prime gear.

• "Browsing is always free. How fortunate for you.
  • "All my wares come from the Void. Perhaps you'll get to visit sometime."
  • "Do have a look, who knows, you may turn into a paying customer someday."
  • "Some interesting gear you have Tenno, I guess minimalism is making a come back?"
  • "Now you have something to work toward."
  • "A little out of your reach? Perhaps a Darvo Deal would be more your speed?"
  • "I underestimated you Tenno. I do hope you didn't put yourself in a hole for this?"
  • "What a pleasant surprise. Perhaps there's hope for you after all."
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

I wonder where the "rebalanced pricing" and "new inventory" is. Seriously. They hyped up Baro for nothing. 

Yeah i was wondering the prices aswell, still the same bloated prices but now you get even less ducats for low end prime parts.

Edited by HugeNob

5 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

• It's now more difficult to farm ducats because each void fissure mission only rewards 1 prime part.
    • There are no longer endless missions where players can obtain more than 1 prime part.
  • It's less fun to play random missions for prime parts than play void missions for prime parts:
    • Endless Void Defense/Survival were fun but since prime parts were removed from its drop tables, few squads ever player these missions now.
    • Therefore there are fewer squads playing the Void Fissure missions.
  • 600 ducats for Prisma Gorgon and 300-375 ducats for mods? Someone on the DE team has literally lost the plot.
    • The amount of time to obtain enough relics to play the Void Fissure missions alone would take an amount of time that would constitute as massive grinding, not to mention the time required to do enough of the Void Fissure missions for the prime parts.
    • Please take note that this is especially tough for novice players as they did not have a massive storage of Void keys from past exploits to convert to Relics.

DE Drew mate you wanna step in or you just gonna ignore him like you are the rest of everyone calling out this massive pile of scat you've dropped on everyone.

7 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

• It's now more difficult to farm ducats because each void fissure mission only rewards 1 prime part.
    • There are no longer endless missions where players can obtain more than 1 prime part.
    • Therefore there are fewer squads playing the Void Fissure missions.
    • The amount of time to obtain enough relics to play the Void Fissure missions alone would take an amount of time that would constitute as massive grinding, not to mention the time required to do enough of the Void Fissure missions for the prime parts.

Have to agree 100%. Very well said.  TY!