Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 10

[DE]Drew

5 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

The field of view and Archwing positioning was something we took into consideration with these new changes. We don't have any plans to tweak it at this time, but I'll keep your feedback in mind. 

I'd recommend you guys keep a keen eye on the Feedback megathread, it's something many of us are uncomfortable with.

I keep saying seprate sliders for FoV and return camera positioning to what it was before should be better.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

The field of view and Archwing positioning was something we took into consideration with these new changes. We don't have any plans to tweak it at this time, but I'll keep your feedback in mind. 

I think it's quite uncomfortable having most of our screen blocked by our Archwings.

I'd recommend to permanently place our Archwing in the middle of the screen as if we're accelerating with the booster (even if we're not boosting). As for the FoV, I think if you guys make it a bit below the current boosting FoV, it would be perfect.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

It's basically unplayable atm.

Most of the time, I couldn't see the enemies, I couldn't  see where I was going, couldn't play it properly.

I like Archwing, I bought the Elytron because I wanted to do more Archwing, but it sits at level 2-3, because I haven't been able to stomach running any Archwing missions.

This is surprising to hear - it's very hard to believe that having the majority of the screen routinely blocked was intentional.

You think it's acceptable expected behavior to have that much of the view blocked?

Edited by mrecentric

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The rear parts of my Elytron ACTUALLY CLIP INTO THE SCREEN (I can see the inside of the Archwing model, 90% of the time)... That's how limited your field of view is in Archwing.

And you/ DE think that's ok?

Really? Really...

Alright, well here's a tip... Call it dev bashing if you want, but that's piss poor game design plain and simple. You don't show off an artists 3D work by showing said models inside geometry or lack there of... I have lost a lot of respect for the group who reviews design decisions at DE.

You have pages and pages of people (including myself) complaining about getting physically sick playing this mode primarily due an FOV not suited for any type of game or human visual comfort level and all you can say is... 'It's good. We won't be changing it.' ?

Wow.

Edited by Evan-0-matic
Removing a final, semi harsh comment.

Have played enough of archwing post update and current FoV is extremely awkward and limited - player model flat out blocks vision. No one asked for FOV changes, yet you still have changed, people are pointing out that current FoV sucks bad and now you are telling us that you are fine with that and no plans for tweaks or changes. Maybe you should play your own game?

Seriously, there is nothing right in this update.

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Wait, really? You're not going to give us even a FOV slider? Look, I love you guys, and I've been defending this update almost non-stop. But during that Atlas archwing alert yesterday, I almost threw up. No game has ever provoked that reaction from me before. I love the new archwing system, but it seriously needs to be zoomed out, otherwise players with weaker stomachs than I will need new keyboards.

Also, if you guys won't fix this, I hope you realize you're making it so Titania, one of the best warframe concepts in the game, will be nearly unplayable by a number of the game players. I was very excited to fly around and fight giant grineer, but now I might not be able to without risking intense nausea.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

We don't have any plans to tweak it at this time

giphy.gif

You can't possibly be serious. A part of your players (which I highly doubt is a small one, considering everything I've been reading on Feedback these past days) can't play Archwing at all with these changes, myself included, and this is how you respond? "Deal with it"? Welp, thanks for locking content away from me I guess.

Drew,

Appreciate your response! 

Two suggestions to help a lot of people: a separate sensitivity slider for archwing and a rotation lock button so people don't spin as they travel. I'm guessing quick turns and spinning are where most of the nausea comes from

54 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Wait, really? You're not going to give us even a FOV slider? Look, I love you guys, and I've been defending this update almost non-stop. But during that Atlas archwing alert yesterday, I almost threw up. No game has ever provoked that reaction from me before. I love the new archwing system, but it seriously needs to be zoomed out, otherwise players with weaker stomachs than I will need new keyboards.

Also, if you guys won't fix this, I hope you realize you're making it so Titania, one of the best warframe concepts in the game, will be nearly unplayable by a number of the game players. I was very excited to fly around and fight giant grineer, but now I might not be able to without risking intense nausea.

I'm hoping titania doesn't have the spin freedom of new archwing. Sharkwing still doesnt have it so the movement mode is still in the game. 

2 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Drew,

Appreciate your response! 

Two suggestions to help a lot of people: a separate sensitivity slider for archwing and a rotation lock button so people don't spin as they travel. I'm guessing quick turns and spinning are where most of the nausea comes from

My only problem with this is the visibility issue making the camera farther away seems like a simple fix really, I'm not sure what the reason for the change actually was.

11 minutes ago, Fecom said:

Is getting different loot pieces in a fissure a feature or is it just a bug ? Me and my friend keep getting different prime pieces. We took a screenshot.

409444Warframebug1.jpg661355Warframebug2.png

Hey, would you mind giving a litte more explanation as to what's happening in these screenshots?

9 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey, would you mind giving a litte more explanation as to what's happening in these screenshots?

I think he's saying he and his friend had different reward tables to choose from at the end of the same mission.

12 minutes ago, Fecom said:

Is getting different loot pieces in a fissure a feature or is it just a bug ? Me and my friend keep getting different prime pieces. We took a screenshot.

409444Warframebug1.jpg661355Warframebug2.png

If I'm looking at this right I'm thinking that you're just not sure about how the new relic system works.  Before the patch one person ran a key and everyone got the same loot.  So 1 key = 4 pieces of identical loot.  That's not how it works now.  In the new system each person takes a relic with them into a fissure mission.  At the end of the mission the system generates a piece of random loot for EACH relic in play (within it's respective drop table).  So 4 people means 4 random pieces of loot since each person in there likely brought a relic.  You can then choose which of those randomly generated drops you would like as a reward.  Even though 4 relics were used in this case you can only bring back a single piece of loot each time you run a fissure mission even though all 4 relics are consumed.  So yes it's quite different than the original method.  You may want to look at some of the forum posts explaining the new relic system or hit up youtube for some videos on how it works.

1 minute ago, Machayna said:

If I'm looking at this right I'm thinking that you're just not sure about how the new relic system works.  Before the patch one person ran a key and everyone got the same loot.  So 1 key = 4 pieces of identical loot.  That's not how it works now.  In the new system each person takes a relic with them into a fissure mission.  At the end of the mission the system generates a piece of random loot for EACH relic in play (within it's respective drop table).  So 4 people means 4 random pieces of loot since each person in there likely brought a relic.  You can then choose which of those randomly generated drops you would like as a reward.  Even though 4 relics were used in this case you can only bring back a single piece of loot each time you run a fissure mission even though all 4 relics are consumed.  So yes it's quite different than the original method.  You may want to look at some of the forum posts explaining the new relic system or hit up youtube for some videos on how it works.

Yes, but it appears these screenshots are from the same mission. Meaning one client is seeing one set of loot drops and another is seeing another set of loot drops. Which would mean the system is not working as intended.

1 minute ago, Machayna said:

If I'm looking at this right I'm thinking that you're just not sure about how the new relic system works. 

No, I'm pretty sure they understand how it works. Those screenshots are of the same exact run, both parties were seeing different rewards in the table. It's happening to all rewards post patch, derelict corrupt mods (I got vile acceleration while my friend in the same run same lobby etc. got depleted reload), sortie rewards, and most annoyingly relic rewards from fissures. Means I could waste a radiant relic and get a common reward, while someone else sees my relic generating ash prime systems...all night long.

Just now, TheSilverZephyr said:

No, I'm pretty sure they understand how it works. Those screenshots are of the same exact run, both parties were seeing different rewards in the table. It's happening to all rewards post patch, derelict corrupt mods (I got vile acceleration while my friend in the same run same lobby etc. got depleted reload), sortie rewards, and most annoyingly relic rewards from fissures. Means I could waste a radiant relic and get a common reward, while someone else sees my relic generating ash prime systems...all night long.

Ahhhh. I see what you mean.  Yeah that could certainly be what he's talking about.  That would definitely be problematic.

3 minutes ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

Yes, but it appears these screenshots are from the same mission. Meaning one client is seeing one set of loot drops and another is seeing another set of loot drops. Which would mean the system is not working as intended.

Good call.

Yes, this has been happening to me as well.  It definitely started only after hotfix 10, and it happens on any mission, not just void fissure missions (though those feel the most egregious).  Before the hotfix we'd go on a mission and afterward would both receive the same items, for example, we'd both receive a Meso C1 relic.  But after one person might get a relic and the other no relic at all, or a different relic entirely.