The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Judgement Points Still in the Game?

Logrhythmic

Why do you hate fun?  Why do I have to grind the Arena by myself to fight Kala?  Why does each timesuck arena match give so few points?  Why do I need 100 of these things to move on and have actual fun?  Why does the Kala fight consume points?  Why can't I even check how many points I have anymore?

To restate my Thesis: Why do you hate fun?

Could have judgment points deplete over time instead of spending it as a currency to enter a fight with Kela.

You'd still occasionally have to do the arena missions to regain points, but you wouldn't have to grind from 0 again unless you neglect your judgement duties.

On July 16, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Endorphinz said:

You may be giving feedback, but this isn't the correct way to do so. No one here "hates fun" like you say.

I disagree. Anyone who makes playing 40+ level 85 arenas a pre requisite in obtaining one single piece of gear that is required to craft your Chroma definitely hates fun. I've spent over six hours trying to obtain my Saryn systems so I can build Chroma, no systems yet.

But on the bright side, I likely have more hours of "fun" to look forward to as I counter cheese those level 85 one shoting cheap-os with my bladestorm cheese. It actually becomes more and more fun as I do it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again......and that was only 10 times, whoops no systems, and again, and again, and again, and again...Wait, maybe I want a Saryn now, time to repeat my endless soul devouring grind ALL OVER AGAIN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, the judgement points should go altogether or be optional for receiving rathuum mods. 

1 hour ago, ZabbaHead said:

I disagree. Anyone who makes playing 40+ level 85 arenas a pre requisite in obtaining one single piece of gear that is required to craft your Chroma definitely hates fun. I've spent over six hours trying to obtain my Saryn systems so I can build Chroma, no systems yet.

But on the bright side, I likely have more hours of "fun" to look forward to as I counter cheese those level 85 one shoting cheap-os with my bladestorm cheese. It actually becomes more and more fun as I do it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again......and that was only 10 times, whoops no systems, and again, and again, and again, and again...Wait, maybe I want a Saryn now, time to repeat my endless soul devouring grind ALL OVER AGAIN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, the judgement points should go altogether or be optional for receiving rathuum mods. 

You could have farmed saryn prime in the time that it took you to do those 40+ arena missions and write this post. We all knew kela was getting changed. They've talked about it on devstreams for at least the last year. And if you're bladestorm cheesing the enemies anyway it doesn't sound hard.. just tedious. Shes the highest level boss in the game now, and you kinda have to expect some difficulty getting up to her now.. especially having had to get through the entire starmap to get to her. 

Besides, theres the chance to get vengeful revenant off the rathoom so at least you have reason to farm it if you want plat

10 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

You could have farmed saryn prime in the time that it took you to do those 40+ arena missions and write this post.

Except he doesn't want Saryn, he's trying to craft Chroma, which requires a Saryn Systems.  His only option is to grind arenas until he has enough points to fight Kela, and hope he gets the one part he needs.  Yes Kela is a high-level boss, but that shouldn't mean that there should be pointless busywork in order to fight her.  The only boss with something similar is Mutalist Alad, and it's not fun there either.

2 minutes ago, Echowing said:

Except he doesn't want Saryn, he's trying to craft Chroma, which requires a Saryn Systems.  His only option is to grind arenas until he has enough points to fight Kela, and hope he gets the one part he needs.  Yes Kela is a high-level boss, but that shouldn't mean that there should be pointless busywork in order to fight her.  The only boss with something similar is Mutalist Alad, and it's not fun there either.

I stand corrected, but even still.. I'm just saying its a whole lot of runs at 25points each, netting 10 kela kills during which if he didn't get the parts then it's really just bad rng. And I was merely meaning that time could be better spent farming something else, selling it, and buying chroma. >.> still no ivara grind though. Months on and I'm still missing 2 Ivara parts. I farmed 2 prime warframes and sold them in a shorter time than it took me to get her chassis. Which got me enough plat to just buy her

20 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

I stand corrected, but even still.. I'm just saying its a whole lot of runs at 25points each, netting 10 kela kills during which if he didn't get the parts then it's really just bad rng. And I was merely meaning that time could be better spent farming something else, selling it, and buying chroma. >.> still no ivara grind though. Months on and I'm still missing 2 Ivara parts. I farmed 2 prime warframes and sold them in a shorter time than it took me to get her chassis. Which got me enough plat to just buy her

No offense intended, but you are merely recommending circumventing a broken mechanic. Does this sound like a reasonable or viable solution, I would argue that it is not. Fixing the broken mechanic is the real solution, circumventing is a bandaid and bandaid cakes taste like sheet.

21 hours ago, Echowing said:

1 hour ago, ZabbaHead said:

No offense intended, but you are merely recommending circumventing a broken mechanic. Does this sound like a reasonable or viable solution, I would argue that it is not. Fixing the broken mechanic is the real solution, circumventing is a bandaid and bandaid cakes taste like sheet.

Agreed with you both. The change can make Chroma needlessly painful to obtain, which is sad given that it's a decent frame that I wager a lot of people just won't be willing to put the effort into farming in the current state of affairs.