Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Cosmetic Animations! Altering bullet jump and dodging animations. [Added more Q&A, Added more discussions, special thanks for the support]

(PSN)L-B-H-100

The new parkour system is a mechanic that puts Warframe in a new sci-fi style by defying gravity and using it to the player’s mobile advantage.

I’ve always liked it how the developers go back to some of their original work and build around it to make it more than it already is.

So I will do my part as a community member and create an outline of simple things that I would like to be added to the new parkour 2.0 system.

Cosmetic movement.

This is a topic based on a very old one that most people whom visited it liked the idea.

The concept is to create unique animation styles to suit the player’s perspective on combat maneuverability.

These animations would replace the current parkour animations, and only the animations. The concept is meant to be entirely cosmetic, and will not influence in-game stat effectiveness. Like a cosmetic these animations would be applicable to equip in the arsenal; giving players different options of animation appearances.

Animations effected will include, but may not be limited to bullet jumping and dodging.

Here is a list of the styles presented in animated gifs. These are examples of how I imagine each style to look.

Swift

Spoiler

GmVJ90N.gif

80bm6nq.gif

swift shows that you have mastered the air around you. Your Warframe will barely touch the ground. At first glance, fans of ninja-like sci-fi movement would want to equip this cosmetic.

Beast

Spoiler

UG84iGc.gif

tPCKgIH.gif

Beast presents your inner rage with intimidating maneuvering. I wanted to have the movement look like literal beast-like movement, where the model would mostly use its upper body and swing with the momentum.

Noble

Spoiler

g9qESMV.gif

k3XkwR9.gif

What’s the effort worth all of the unpleasant violence? Show the enemy your superiority with appropriate executions. It was a bit difficult to present this one. At first look, it would seem that the Loki is posing as a chicken. So, I have placed a forward view of the character, showing that the style was originally meant to give the player an appearance of superiority.

Acrobat

Spoiler

l8lcGgg.gif

PafgWAM.gif

Feel free to show off and show them how it’s done. This style mostly shows the character doing flips and cartwheels. I have also thought about the bullet jump cosmetic to be completely random; transitioning from one style to the next.

Commando (original in-game animations)

You don’t mess around. Respect the mission and use what you have learned. (Original parkour 2.0 animations). Boring right. Actually, I kind of like the combat rolls and spin to the bullet jump and dodge rolls. It looked like the Tenno have gone through some combat shooter-like training.

Powerful

Spoiler

6pD97vo.gif

eaEmqT0.gif

You know how powerful you are, make sure your enemies know their limits. the style is meant to look like a super-being like style. This would make the animations look like there is weight to the character rather than gravity defiant.

.....................................................................................................

Common Discussions

Q&A

Q: will there be any Status differentiation to each animation?

A: the original concept was to make these animations purely cosmetic. though i cant say that i would not like "Swift" to be the quickest and "Powerful" to have an impact radius. however, making this concept purely cosmetic would be much easier for the devs to implement them into the game instead of taking their time with balancing each animation. i do see a problem if a quickened "Swift" animation were to be equipped by a slow moving tank.

Q:are the animations presented exactly the way you picture them to be if added to the game?

A: though the original displayed animations are examples of how i wish the animation would turn out, i do want the final product to be fairly close to how they look. as described in the "beast" animations, i want the character models to mostly use their upper body and hands as much as i want them to use their feet and legs. 

Q: how would the animations make sense when the characters are holding weapons?

A: this can understandably be elaborated while looking at the acrobatic and noble styles. these animations feature the characters using both hands through the animation. i do understand the concern and i would like to edit the animation to make sense as if the character is holding a weapons. however, i decided to not think too much about it, since even the original Parkour bullet jump animations has the character holster his or her weapon during the animation. the same would most likely said for these animations.

Q: how would some of these animation be fair in conclave? [NEW]

A: i do agree that some of these animations would be confusing to interpret in conclave. it would be a lot more difficult to hit your targets, or on the other hand, it would be a lot more easier. i do not want these animations to present any unfair advantage in conclave. for now, lets just say that only the original parkour animations will be allowed in conclave. it would make sense considering that we are being spectated by our well respected teacher. as the descriptions says in "Commando", it is using the skills we have been taught in order to respecting the mission and not messing around.

Featured Discussions

How to get the animations. [NEW]

i originally wanted the animations to be as available as the emotes. they would automatically be in or inventory ready to equip.

of course, if the devs want to take advantage of the value of the concept, then that is entirely up to them.

i do, however, find is extremely convenient that there are six different animations and six syndicates. so maybe the animations could be obtained depending on which syndicate has it. however, it would not make sense considering that commando is the animation that the players would already have, which means one syndacate would be unlucky enough to not have an animation.

i do also see that there are five schools of the Tenno and five different animations (not including commando). it would be interesting if the animations done with your warframe depended on the school you have equipped.

it is always an option to just allow the players to freely equip the animations to their warframes appearance.

honestly, those are the only options i can think of to make the animations more valuable to the player, and for the animations themselves to be implemented to the game.

Show your Creativity! [NEW]

with the inclusion of these new animations and more options to fashion frame, its time to get creative!

which animation would you equip to your favorite warframe and loadout?

Prime Time #127 Feature Concept: Special thanks to the community.

I am very overwhelmed and exited for this great news.

This concept being featured on Prime Time #127 is a great honor.

THANK YOU, to all whom have supported this concept and helped reached this goal. I could not have done it without all of your support. I hope to see you all continue this support for the future benefit of this concept.

In the future, I hope that this concept will soon become a part of Warframe.

Thank you, Warframe Community.

Thank you, Digital Extremes.

Fight on, Tenno!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That is what I have so far. To be honest, I want to be a great animator one day, and I needed to practice on basic frame-by-frame movement. So I took the opportunity and made a Warframe concept along the way.

This may not be the end of the topic.

For one thing, I wish to continue being creative with these animations in order to practice the basics.

Another thing is the actual potential this concept has to offer to the game. Call me overconfident, but I am confident that this concept could become the next big thing to fashion frame. Finally, an actual combat related cosmetic that could give players new experiences with the creation of their characters.

So please support this concept by clicking the bottom right green arrow. Support even further by subscribing to the topic, notifying you of any progress.

MhxhRL1.gif

Thanks a lot!

Fight on, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100
added more general discussions, added more Q&A.

9 hours ago, MechaTails said:

I think the animations should alter some stats, like one set reduces your aim glide duration but increases the speed of your ground dodges. But you now how pissy everyone gets when stat altering is suggested.

its kinda the reason why i left it out. as much as i really wanted there to be some additional stats included with each style, i thought it would be best if the concept were to be purely cosmetic. this makes it less difficult to work around. i guess it depends on how the devs would want it to be.

I really do like the idea, but I think Noble and Acrobat could do with some tweaks. The arms behind the back doesn't make sense from a movement standpoint, and if they're holding weapons that could cause a lot of clipping issues.

Can you add a Cartwheel Dodge? I'd love to see that on my Carnival Mirage. In other news ~ I love it!

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the Acrobat Set! YES!

Edited by Harowing

On 7/16/2016 at 6:08 AM, Catacomb said:

Cool animations and i like the idea.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:12 AM, PhoenixElite said:

Great idea! Fashionframe is the true endgame after all.

On 7/16/2016 at 11:26 AM, MechaTails said:

I think the animations should alter some stats, like one set reduces your aim glide duration but increases the speed of your ground dodges. But you now how pissy everyone gets when stat altering is suggested.

7 hours ago, Harowing said:

Can you add a Cartwheel Dodge? I'd love to see that on my Carnival Mirage. In other news ~ I love it!

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the Acrobat Set! YES!

6 hours ago, JohnySkarr said:

Amazing, I love this!

I also really liked your animation style.

just wanted to thank you all for the positive feedback. it goes for show that there are only minimal objections to the concept. in the future, i really hope that this concept is implemented to the game for the sake of giving players more styles and characteristics to their fashion frame.

thanks again!

On 7/19/2016 at 9:16 AM, Rehtael7 said:

I really do like the idea, but I think Noble and Acrobat could do with some tweaks. The arms behind the back doesn't make sense from a movement standpoint, and if they're holding weapons that could cause a lot of clipping issues.

i would like to make the animations look more believable. even before i started each animation, i thought of the same thing.

however, i decided that the same thing would go for the current bullet jump animation; the weapon would be holstered during the animation.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)L-B-H-100 said:

i would like to make the animations look more believable. even before i started each animation, i thought of the same thing.

however, i decided that the same thing would go for the current bullet jump animation; the weapon would be holstered during the animation.

Considering You can fire a gun while bullet jumping, I can see that causing animation issues.

2 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

Considering You can fire a gun while bullet jumping, I can see that causing animation issues.

true, but at the same time its still the same as the current animation.

the model would quickly equip the weapon once shooting or aiming commences and cancel the animation while still moving to its momentum.

2 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

Just saying, these animations would probably need to be disallowed in PvP.

i would not mind that.

only allowing the original animations during PvP would be fine unless the community thinks otherwise. to make sense of it, we are being spectated by our well respected teacher, and we would respectively use what he has taught us during training.

I am very overwhelmed and exited for this great news.

This concept being featured on Prime Time #127 is a great honor.

THANK YOU, to all whom have supported this concept and helped reached this goal. I could not have done it without all of your support. I hope to see you all continue this support for the future benefit of this concept.

In the future, I hope that this concept will soon become a part of Warframe.

Thank you, Warframe Community.

Thank you, Digital Extremes.

Fight on, Tenno!