Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abomination imprints, got burned for 1200p

SaucyTuckermax

So  I didn't really know where to put this thread so sorry if it's in wrong catagory.

short story: Yesterday got off from work, watched the prime time that aired, (which was almost a day old) After seeing the 'abomination' kubrow / kavat hybrid of course I wanted to make one. But when I started the game I saw there was a patch and I immediatly went on the forums to read that part of the patch included:

"Prevented future pet crossbreeding"

So as vague as this is, I understood that the glitch had already been patched thus killing my dreams of creating an abomination... But then a few hours later I'm on the trade chat, see someone advertising 'abomination imprints' 1500p out of curiousity i Pm'd the person and had a conversation, and he was aware of the hotfix that prevented making new ones from scratch but was under the impression you could still make one by combining both imprints. I was skeptical, but since the patch notes on wiki were so vague, I assumed that he was probably correct and I could still make one if I bought both imprints. So ended up talking the guy down to 1200p and bought both the imprints. Can you guess what happened next?

After buying the imprints, then trying to select the prints when doing a combined incubation of a kubrow and then also a kavat I quickly realized the imprints were not there. For some reason the only time I can even see the imprints I paid 1200p for is when you click 'browse genetic imprints' you cannot see them when choosing for combined incubation of kubrow or kavat. So anyway I tried to pm the guy and see if i could get my money back...'this user is offline' - of course he is he just burned me for 1200p!!

moral of the story: Really feel like DE should have elaborated more on the patch notes that you can no longer create an abomination from scratch or from genetic imprints. I will admit it is partially my fault though, should have done some more research before dishing out 1200p. But anyway I know I'm not getting the plat back so basically just don't let this happen to you guys. And thanks DE for making it abundantly clear on the patch notes.  

like I said i was skeptical, and am not saying that I'm not at fault, but the patch note description is pretty vague in my opinion. 'prevented future crossbreeding' to me could be and WAS interpreted for 'you can no longer exploit the glitch' it doesn't mean that you couldn't make one if you have imprints. just my opinion though.

Prevented Future Pet Crossbreeding as per thread:

Seems fairly straight forward.

9 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

the hotfix that prevented making new ones from scratch but was under the impression you could still make one by combining both imprints. I was skeptical, but since the patch notes on wiki were so vague, I assumed that he was probably correct and I could still make one if I bought both imprints

"making them from scratch" involved using imprints in the first place, so it stands to reason that using imprints you traded for also would not work, since the hotfix " Prevented Future Pet Crossbreeding "

You should have interpreted the patch notes in a more literal sense, in that DE has basically ironed out every way of creating another abomination. "Preventing future crossbreeding" of course should logically include the act of using these defective imprints to make one. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to delete the abominations outright next.

I don't even understand why you really wanted a horribly bugged thing that wasn't meant to exist anyway.

Sorry if I sound mean, but you only have yourself to blame here.

I was also under the impression that the imprints were still usable and was planning to sell them, but I wanted to confirm whether they were usable and so I attempted to clone one of my mutants as I was worried that the results would be a normal pet instead of a freak--did not want to sell something that didn't work. I learned that the imprints of hybrids are not selectable at all in the 'combined incubation' menu, even though you can still make imprints of your abominations if you have them. I'm glad I looked into it first, sounds like your seller was either really lazy or just scamming.

12 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

ehhh i think only a human with (.....) wouldn't understand "prevented crossbreeding" sooo not beign mean but. u only can blame yourself :/

4 minutes ago, giantconch said:

Prevented Future Pet Crossbreeding as per thread:

He did not crossbreed, he was breeding a abomination with another...
is like breeding a liger with another liger, thats not crossbreeding (a liger is a real cross-breed between a tiger and a lion, google it)

so guys, i just sent a ticket. I'm honestly not expecting my plat back but hopefully DE can at least make the patch note description more clear. I'm pretty certain I can't be the only person that has or will be scammed because of there not that complete description of what you can or can't do.

6 minutes ago, JeyciKon said:

He did not crossbreed, he was breeding a abomination with another...
is like breeding a liger with another liger, thats not crossbreeding (a liger is a real cross-breed between a tiger and a lion, google it)

26 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

then trying to select the prints when doing a combined incubation of a kubrow and then also a kavat

K

26 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

moral of the story: Really feel like DE should have elaborated more on the patch notes that you can no longer create an abomination from scratch or from genetic imprints. I will admit it is partially my fault though, should have done some more research before dishing out 1200p. But anyway I know I'm not getting the plat back so basically just don't let this happen to you guys. And thanks DE for making it abundantly clear on the patch notes.  

Yeah, 'cause it's DE fault. Not that for some reason you wanted a glitched s**t that serve no purpose., for 1200p LOL I'd pay max 300.

27 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

thats exactly what i told to @Letter13 , they didnt clearly explain whats going on changelogs, i feel sorry for you. try to recontact the seller and hope for it

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

As far as I'm aware, the imprints of the abominations didn't even work when traded to begin with.  It's been a plat scam from the beginning.

yes you can trade the imprints, it happened to me yesterday. And like i said i can see the imprints when 'browsing my genetic imprints' but they do NOT show up when selecting for breeding a kubrow or a kavat.

That sucks :( wishes you luck with it. If nothing can be done max you can do next time is be more carefull at least though if you recall the person name you can allways try to contact him at a later time. If he blocks you or something you could allways ask a clan mate to check it out and see if you can at least put some sense into him

1 minute ago, morningstar999 said:

you can still make the prints of mutants (sometmes) and trade the prints 

That's the thing, it didn't work consistently, people selling abominations were charging 1500 plat for something that may or may not work to begin with.

I've read the hotfix but I was still under the impression you could trade the imprints, only reason I didn't is because I didn't have a imprint unit or w/e it's called, so if someone sold it they may not necessarily be a scammer.

For what is worth, he/she can't enjoy the 1200p either as that will be cancelled by DE. As mentioned by others, file a ticket at support and you might get your plat back, possibly deducted from the seller, which means a negative balance if he/she doesn't have enough in their wallet.

In fact patch notes are EXTREMELY misleading in this regard.

Prevented Future Pet Crossbreeding

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/crossbreeding

So patch notes literally say I can no longer mix cat and dog DNA. It didn't say "prevented future creation of abominations" or anything of sorts. Semantics you say? It's all fun and games until someone loses money because of it.