Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augments: A Trait Obtained by Mastering a Warframe

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys!

So, I've been doing some thinking and thought to myself "should augment mods be part of a Warframe's arsenal?". It sounds crazy at first, but hear me out. The idea is that you have to master or "awaken" a Warframe in order to push its powers to their limits (augments). How can this be done? It can be done ala Junction. Having various "quests" or tasks involving that particular Warframe. Such as spend "X" amount of time playing it, kill "X" amount of Grineer with it, use "X" skill in "Y" scenario "Z" amount of times (you get the point) OR make it a bit like Focus. You have a Warframe and that has four "paths" that must be unlocked by gaining "augment" points in order to access it's "Awakened Ability". For example:    

(Pacifying Bolts)----[Nyx]----(Mind Freak)                                |                                         |

(Chaos Sphere)  --------------- (Singularity) 

The stronger augments should remain unavailable until you obtain the weaker ones and really good augments should be tweaked and balanced to avoid power creeping. The motive behind this idea is to allow players who are really fond or fans of a certain Warframe to challenge themselves by unlocking their favorite Warframe's true potential through hardwork and dedication. Allowing for a sense of completion and satisfaction while also providing something more than just four skills. Also, it shouldn't be attached to the Warframe itself. This is to avoid losing everything because you accidentally sold it or a Prime variant comes up, making the regular one obsolete. It should be separate and once mastered, should apply to all subsequent copies of that particular Warframe. Be it Prime or regular. Comments and feedback are highly encouraged. Please try to be respectful and constructive. Thank you for your time :)

P.S: To help differentiate from non "Awakened" Warframes, a prefix could be used to aid in that (idea given by Magneu in the comments below). You could add the prefix "Awakened" to each Warframe (Awakened Banshee) or give them unique prefixes that reflects the Warframe's theme (Tactical Vauban, Fulminating Volt, Echoing Banshee)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

could be interesting, and a neat way to get augments without sacrificing mod slots, but considering what a mess syndicate reputation farming was when it was introduced, and how they handled focus so far, i wouldn't trust DE to implement something like this without requiring massive grind and/or being unbalanced trainwreck

12 minutes ago, plexus_brachialis said:

could be interesting, and a neat way to get augments without sacrificing mod slots, but considering what a mess syndicate reputation farming was when it was introduced, and how they handled focus so far, i wouldn't trust DE to implement something like this without requiring massive grind and/or being unbalanced trainwreck

It should be hard because it should be a sacrifice you are willing to make for your favorite Warframe. :3

I like the idea, but it would be even more awesome if your gear name, i.e. what's in the pause menu, was changed to have the prefix of the augment.

"Everlasting Chroma"

"Surging Excalibur"

Or any combo that wouldn't sound dumb. IDK, I just like personalizing gear like that.

The thing about the augments that bothers me is..back when DE removed ability MOD cards so people wouldn't MOD around one skill we rejoiced and got extra MOD space cleared up.  Now the augments have done the exact same thing!  

Maybe DE didn't think augments would get this big but they definitely need a new system in place imo.

15 hours ago, Magneu said:

I like the idea, but it would be even more awesome if your gear name, i.e. what's in the pause menu, was changed to have the prefix of the augment.

"Everlasting Chroma"

"Surging Excalibur"

Or any combo that wouldn't sound dumb. IDK, I just like personalizing gear like that.

Like Awakened Nyx Prime? Or Anarchic Nyx, Refined Excalibur, Sharpshooter Mesa, Echoing Banshee...?

15 hours ago, Soketsu said:

awesome :)

post like that should appear more often :)

Thank you so much

3 hours ago, Ciaus said:

I like it, encourages progression through play with all of your arsenal, and stops those mod slots from being used to make some abilities worth using at all >.>

Exactly, the reason I use Pacifying Bolts is to give Psychic Bolts a lease of life. However, abilities shouldn't requiere augments to work

1 hour ago, (PS4)I420t said:

The thing about the augments that bothers me is..back when DE removed ability MOD cards so people wouldn't MOD around one skill we rejoiced and got extra MOD space cleared up.  Now the augments have done the exact same thing!  

Maybe DE didn't think augments would get this big but they definitely need a new system in place imo.

Yeah :/