Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Hallowed Eruption sits in place of a more useful Augment

-FV-Metheria

Right now, Oberon's Augments range from awesome (Smite Infusion) to pathetic (Hallowed Eruption). On paper, it doesn't seem so bad. You cast Hallowed Ground, and you can choose to cast again to deal all the potential damage it would have dealt over its remaining duration instantly. You then remember no one ever actually uses Hallowed Ground for damage since you need to get enemies to stand on it, and even if you can you tend to have a certain thing in your hands that fires loads of bullets that kills things faster called a gun. Instead, when people do use it they tend to use it for the armor buff and status effect immunity. One of the more common complaints with the ability is that you need to be actively standing in it to gain the effects, you know in this game about mobile suit ninjas. This same complaint of having to stand in a specific spot to gain benefits was given to Chroma and Vex Armor. But unlike Oberon, when he got a augment for it...

latest?cb=20160511233150

It allowed Allies to pop in to the area to pick up the effect, then go off to do their own thing with the buff. 

Why can't Oberon's Hallowed Ground Augment get changed to be like this? You can simply step in the sparkle ground once, and then you get to carry the buff with you for the rest of its duration. The percentage armor buff will only be useful to already tanky frames, but I think anyone who has had the displeasure of getting dragged into a death mob of enemies by a Ancient/Scorpion/Whatever will agree being able to have that status immunity on any frame is certainly worth taking a second to step in Oberon's sparkle ground. 

So, your thoughts? Would this make 8-Man Oberon the new raid meta? Would you like to see Hallowed Eruption dropped in favor of "Everlasting Ground"? Or do you think Hallowed Eruption is actually pretty good?

Edited by -FV-Metheria

I would like to propose another idea, instead of just copying a the augment from Chroma.

As long as there is an enemy on the carpet, it would  gain in range for the rest of its duration to a maximum set buffed range. This range bonus would be gained percentagewise (10 ticks maybe?) over time and could be accelerated with additional enemies on the same carpet.

The second effect would be, that every enemy coming in contact with the carpet would be marked - upon dying, there is a chance that this enemy would spawn another carpet.

(also pls buff the standard range of this ability...)

I have to agree that his hallowed ground aug tries to reinforce that its a damage power and anyone who was around when it was knows it was just plain bad so im with you that it needs a new one but i dont think DE will just copy another aug from another war frame it would be a waste that being said hallowed ground needs some QOL befor the new aug.

First hallowed ground needs to be a circle the weirdly scaling rectangle was ok for a damage power but its bad as that so it needs to change.

Second insted of the % armor increase a % damage reduction say 40% mabe? So all frames benefit equally.

Now the aug the skys the limit here but mabe some kind of damage reflection or life leach? But definitely something more survival power...E?

Edited by (PS4)swamprat3

4 hours ago, Gemenai said:

I would like to propose another idea, instead of just copying a the augment from Chroma.

As long as there is an enemy on the carpet, it would  gain in range for the rest of its duration to a maximum set buffed range. This range bonus would be gained percentagewise (10 ticks maybe?) over time and could be accelerated with additional enemies on the same carpet.

The second effect would be, that every enemy coming in contact with the carpet would be marked - upon dying, there is a chance that this enemy would spawn another carpet.

(also pls buff the standard range of this ability...)

Like how a small area around a glowing one (fallout) is still irradiated after they die?

I personally envision fallout ghouls when I think of Oberon. I wish oberons passive had been to have a chance to "mutate" enemies while attacking them, or some such thing...they would glow and would attack allies with arms and do bite damage...idk.

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Like how a small area around a glowing one (fallout) is still irradiated after they die?

I personally envision fallout ghouls when I think of Oberon. I wish oberons passive had been to have a chance to "mutate" enemies while attacking them, or some such thing...they would glow and would attack allies with arms and do bite damage...idk.

Cool Idea! I believe possession is a skill of most druids so this isn't too far from his concept.

On the topic of his kit though. Oberon is in the same boat as Excalibur was back when the Devs decided to give him invisibility on his Super Jump...like, wha...? He doesn't need additions to his kit, especially if his kit is mediocre at best. Some skills are faulty, such as Renewal not being able to carry on the health regen even after being fully healed ( I still don't know why they haven't changed that yet, but yet they can make the projectiles move faster, implement an augment for it and give him a less than stellar passive, but have refused to make Renewals buff carry over into full health is beyond me ) and the fact that Reckoning blinds and radiates enemies is sort of counter productive, but I digress.

Oberon in all honesty needs a rework, a reimagining, a rebalance, something to make his skills have synergy, to work independently in of themselves but to also have benefits used together cause right now his kit feels incomplete.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

Can we also make it so that Renewal stays active with the "Phoenix Renewal" augment?

Currently Renewal turns off as soon as everyone hits full health, meaning that Phoenix Renewal does nothing to prevent oneshots or when you or your allies get super-duper gunned down. How it SHOULD work is that you toggle it on and it stays on until you turn it off.

At least, that's how it should work with the Augment...