Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures and good old RNG

GLTHX

Hello.
I'm usually not the salty type, but this is slowly making me mad. So, whose bright idea was to include all these 3 things when they were designing the Fissures:
1. A time limit of 3 minutes + around 10 seconds for every reactant that you bring to the Fissure;
2. Enemies dropping reactant based on good old RNG (then again, what else could it be based on in Warframe?);
3. Mission failed if the player fails the Fissure.

Seriously, DE, do you even play your own game anymore, or do you just breed endless amounts of kubrows and kavats on streams now? I failed yet another mission, because I wanted to seal a Fissure and earn some ducats. I dropped the relic into the Fissure, started killing mobs, but the Fissure spawned maybe three of them (in a horde killing game, but whatever), then it started spawning just one. I don't know, maybe the rest have gone hiding in the other rooms, maybe it was a bug, who knows. At this snail pace I managed to seal the Fissure in 80%, and the timer has run out.
Do I really have to find a group just to do a friggin lvl 10 Fissure, because you decided to restrict the spawn to a whole of 3 enemies and gave them such a low chance of drop?

Now that I'm slightly calmer, I have a question: Is there any 'secret' way to deal with this? Or is failing the whole mission a part of RNG and wonky AI running off to other rooms now? I have to say I just tried T1 and T2 Fissures, as I first wanted to get to know what are they about, but seeing how it just trolls me I don't think I want to go to higher level ones.

Inb4 "Git gud" posts, I one-shotted every single one of the enemies (not much of an achievement on level 10 anyway).

Sorry for all the salt, I'm just angry over failing several missions for such a stupid reason and kinda sad that most features in the game are based on RNG now.

If your doing these in any kind of tower room, particularly the kind found in Corpus tile sets where there are multiple floors close together, then you will potentially miss a lot due to them spawning out of sight above and below you. They can also spawn a surprising distance away horizontally.

There appears to no line of sight check on fissure spawns.

Ive run maybe 25 solo fissures. Ive failed it 3 times due to RNG on the spawns and RNG on their reactant drops.

It's totally an RNG issue. I've sealed a T3 fissure twice while fighting shadow stalker and once while fighting 2 bursa and the shadow stalker, and still did enough killing to get enough reactant to open the fissure with 40sec-1min left. 3 times I'm standing there waiting for the spawns and hoping to get reactant jus watching the time tick down, only to get to 80-90% before time runs out.

You can run it solo with a nekros which will help most of the time. But I would have likely died on the run with the stalker and 2 bursa if I had taken him. And to say that running nekros is a solution is addmission to there being an issure with enemy spawn/reactant drop

21 hours ago, Endless-Waltz said:

Play with friends, or enemies...play with others. If soloing Nekros can increase the number dropped.

I/NO ONE should not have to bring Nekros to solo! Or a Loki to solo! People want to solo in their favorite frames, not group up and be told how to have fun.

When I solo I solo with my Nezha or Oberon. Because they are my fav. If I join your raid then you or DE can tell me what I should bring (thats how DE designed raids no matter how you spin it). Until then let people who like to solo... solo... Its that simple. If you like to group up thats AWESOME, but you know what else is awesome... meeting half way. If you are in a clan, group or run with friends all the time nothing is going to change your mind, so dont force people who like to solo run in groups.

Edited by FunkadelicMayhem

18 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

The whole fissure thing for prime is to promote teamplay. till now,no 4man squad has scream in the forum telling the world that they didn't make it rather just mostly who attempt to solo? 

Even in solo, you have 3 minutes, you need 10 Redactants and not getting enough? 10 seconds to get it to the Fissure?

It seems to me they are not killing enough.

Edited by Venom-Snake

22 hours ago, mobilehacker said:

IDK, I finished a few T4 fissures, was on Banshee with Lesion, never failed even once. Mobs often run away, search for them in the vicinity.

I failed a t1 fissure today for the first time when solo. The mobs just didnt....spawn. I dunno but maybe they should look into reactant drops & enemy spawns when doing a solo mission or when lesser players are there on a team. While playing with a full team seems to work fine.  

Edited by AbhijitSM

Reactant drop rate isn't random. When I solo, it always takes me the same amount of time to close the fissure +/- 10 seconds. It's faster with other people because the fissure spawns an extra enemy for every squad member, tripling reactant drops. 

However, Steve said this mission type is going away and will be replaced by a new one soon. He's not happy with fissures. Relics and everything around them stays, but with fissures, instead of getting one optional interactable in the mission, The Void will actually alter the whole mission. As Steve said, "you'll get to see the neural sentry corrupt enemies". I hope it's not just replacing mission enemies with corrupted ones, but something more interesting. Anyway, criticizing this system is pointless as it is going away.

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Even in solo, you have 3 minutes, you need 10 Redactants and not getting enough?

It seems to me they are not killing enough.

Same thought as well but they may complain that "why am I condemned just because my weapon aren't killing fast enough" 

17 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

The whole fissure thing for prime is to promote teamplay. till now,no 4man squad has scream in the forum telling the world that they didn't make it rather just mostly who attempt to solo? 

I am mostly doing it with teams. But only in clan.

But I won't pub it for a while yet. The chances of a trace farm are slim, you get all sorts of ability frames whose powers incinerate or disintegrate the bodies so can't be chopped. Even if you get a nekros, he's spamming desecrate, without chopping the eximus bodies, the only effect of which is creating millions of reactant. Teamplay? It's a mess in pubs. No way I am using radiant there. Which is where solo comes in.

22 hours ago, GLTHX said:

Hello.
I'm usually not the salty type, but this is slowly making me mad. So, whose bright idea was to include all these 3 things when they were designing the Fissures:
1. A time limit of 3 minutes + around 10 seconds for every reactant that you bring to the Fissure;
2. Enemies dropping reactant based on good old RNG (then again, what else could it be based on in Warframe?);
3. Mission failed if the player fails the Fissure.

Seriously, DE, do you even play your own game anymore, or do you just breed endless amounts of kubrows and kavats on streams now? I failed yet another mission, because I wanted to seal a Fissure and earn some ducats. I dropped the relic into the Fissure, started killing mobs, but the Fissure spawned maybe three of them (in a horde killing game, but whatever), then it started spawning just one. I don't know, maybe the rest have gone hiding in the other rooms, maybe it was a bug, who knows. At this snail pace I managed to seal the Fissure in 80%, and the timer has run out.
Do I really have to find a group just to do a friggin lvl 10 Fissure, because you decided to restrict the spawn to a whole of 3 enemies and gave them such a low chance of drop?

Now that I'm slightly calmer, I have a question: Is there any 'secret' way to deal with this? Or is failing the whole mission a part of RNG and wonky AI running off to other rooms now? I have to say I just tried T1 and T2 Fissures, as I first wanted to get to know what are they about, but seeing how it just trolls me I don't think I want to go to higher level ones.

Inb4 "Git gud" posts, I one-shotted every single one of the enemies (not much of an achievement on level 10 anyway).

Sorry for all the salt, I'm just angry over failing several missions for such a stupid reason and kinda sad that most features in the game are based on RNG now.

Obviously there needs to be a way to fail that objective, other than you getting killed beyond your revives.

That is so for any mission type, aside from maybe Exterminate and Excavation?

2 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

Reactant drop rate isn't random. When I solo, it always takes me the same amount of time to close the fissure +/- 10 seconds. It's faster with other people because the fissure spawns an extra enemy for every squad member, tripling reactant drops. 

However, Steve said this mission type is going away and will be replaced by a new one soon. He's not happy with fissures. Relics and everything around them stays, but with fissures, instead of getting one optional interactable in the mission, The Void will actually alter the whole mission. As Steve said, "you'll get to see the neural sentry corrupt enemies". I hope it's not just replacing mission enemies with corrupted ones, but something more interesting. Anyway, criticizing this system is pointless as it is going away.

Reactant and spawn rate is RNG. Ive done 25 of solo and either there is a bug where they don't spawn or i dont know.

You might be thinking of traces, which isn't a random drop but the amount is rng. Which is 1-4 per drop.

1 minute ago, Nijyumensou said:

Same thought as well but they may complain that "why am I condemned just because my weapon aren't killing fast enough" 

That's not how it works. The fissure spawns enemies on a timer. How fast you kill them doesn't really matter. When I solo fissures - which by the way I don't mind doing - I have to wait sometimes 10 or more seconds for enemies to spawn. Should be noted that resource boosters actually boost reactant drop rate, making it much, much more bearable. People complaining about it are running without resource boosters. Without them, it's calculated that you barely close the fissure with <30-20 seconds left.

9 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

I would be fine with Corrupted replacement. We already have a mission to run. 

Hopefully though, it will be slightly more than just that.

Someone else on the forums suggested that for solo runs, try it on "Invite Only" to get more reactants to drop.  I haven't tried this myself (haven't needed to get any prime parts since I read about it), so I don't know if it matters or not, but it's something to try.

But like QuietBiro says, Steve isn't happy with the fissure system as is, so it won't be staying this way forever.

When going solo it is VERY important to look through all available spawn locations, failed only one solo till now because soloing these while in survival is... hard.

Then again simply going in on public makes stuff easier and gives a chance for some random good loot as well.

23 hours ago, GLTHX said:

Bring Nekros. Nekros gives you more Void traces anyway.

The only time I've head a problem getting enough reactant to close the fissure was... my second time, I think? They were spawning in a big area, and I seemed to be the only one actually hunting down the fissure enemies. It didn't help that I was in a Void map to begin with, so there wasn't any easy way to tell the difference between the map's enemies and the fissure's enemies.

But anyway, bring Nekros. I've started using him almost exclusively for fissure runs, and I've never had a problem with reactant since. And I get more Void traces. Win-win-win, as they say.

For soloing those fissures I´d use Vauban with Bastille to shrink the range of spawning enemies, then you can kill them easily with what u want.. preferring a shotgun with masive damage maybe a choice .. works fine for me.. maybe u should try it out.. big range max duration of bastille.. and happy hunting ;) But thats just my 5 cents for hunting...

Edited by zeckenwilli

When soloing, it's important to bring a frame that is better suited for the job when doing something that can be difficult unless you are very, very confident in your abilities. If you are going to insist on being picky when soloing, then that's a handicap you should be prepared to deal with.

Nekros can handle Fissures without much difficulty. So can Ivara if you don't mind Nullifiers breaking your Prowl now and then. Lith and Meso Fissures are also easily handled by Ember simply killing enemies as they spawn (and a decently strong weapon for the occasional unnecessarily tanky Eximus).

The discussion is kind of ridiculous...

could we just simply agree that the reactant drop chance need to be adjusted? Or at least fix bugs ect that prevent them from dropping or lets not enough enemies spawn.
Now you have people telling you you're not killing the enemies and let them run away... come on guys... please. The next one links you an image with 10+ reactants at the ground... what the hell does it for the discussion? Reactant drop is RNG as hell or buggy

I got solo missions as well where I could close the fissure. But I had many times where I couldn't and this simply has to be fixed. Like, could we stop looking for excuses and just adjust it?

I'm running around with catalysted & reactored gear, maxed mods and good tier weapons... and then you can't close fissures in level 10-15 missions (actually, higher level mission are easier to close, as there seems to be a higher mob spawn rate). So could we just stop arguing about that YOU might have got enough reactants? We know that you sometimes can close them, even in solo!

It's just annoying... what does it even bother people who got to seem to get enough reactants? It's fine, congratulations... we simply don't want such an high RNG impact. If I can't close 3 out of 10 mission due to the issue it already needs a fix. Because that's just not the way it should be!

Just speaking for myself... I was doing T4 50+ minutes survival runs pre SOTR... and all of a sudden I can't close level 10-15 fissures... c'mon!

Edited by wftico