Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do People Want Limbo Reworked?

PossiblyMG

In my opinion, Limbo works just fine. He has many uses, and for his current abilities, even though they are redundant and spammy, he is still wanted in many types of missions that I run in.

• Limbo's cataclysm can be built for incredibly high duration and terribly low range, which can be useful to defend mobile defense terminals.
    1. Cataclysm on the terminal
    2. Stay outside the cataclysm while riftwalking
    3. Shoot anybody who enters the cataclysm
  • Limbo's banish can regenerate energy on SOME channeling abilities, such as Equinox
    1. Wait for Equinox to use Provoke > Maim
    2. Useful on a Maim built that drains ~2-3 energy per second
    3. Banish Equinox, this way Maim will not only continue dealing damage, but also regenerate energy.
  • Remember, a banished allied is still able to do damage through his abilities
    1. Banish a quaking Banshee, she's now invulnerable from ospreys
    2. Banish Ash, he now won't take damage when he's not bladestorming
    3. Banish Ember, her WoF will continue killing
  • He's easy to speedrun for spies, you don't have to worry about hacking consoles and avoiding lasers. Useful especially in Pavlov, or whatever the moon spy is called.
    1. Riftwalk
    2. ezpz
  • He is excellent and singling out enemies. Very useful to get enemies such as parasitic/toxic ancients out of the way, especially in missions such as Hieracon.
    1. You're in the riftwalk, and among the 50 enemies you spot a parasitic ancient
    2. You banish him
    3. You kill him
  • He's obviously useful in rescues and sortie defenses, not even gonna talk about that

So, why do people exactly what Limbo to be reworked? He's not the best, but he's not "Desperate for a revamp" tier like Oberon or Hydroid are. 

The major problem he faces is that he doesn't fit the flow of the game well for co-op. Sure he can single out enemies, but in a horde game like warframe that is seen as too slow of a method for most people. He is also somewhat disruptive to teams if played poorly, a trait almost no other warframe has.

I don't use him, but from what I have seen banishing people is an extremely annoying way to troll in public missions. And to banish a specific target can be extremely hard in a moving horde.

He is a one trick pony for sortie defence missions. That reason alone was enough to rework Mag. 

he needs a rework because his 1 and 2 can be combined into a single ability and his 3 is basically a passive with a cast time.

he's an overly awkward frame to use and having a few situations his current kit works in is no excuse for its mediocre performance in every other situation

1. Cataclysm on the terminal, so that the person carrying the package drops it and is unable to hack the terminal.
2. A second layer of annoyance for everyone else when only limbo can shoot things inside the catacylsm without having to be inside
3. Forced to wait for enemies to enter the cataclysm, or forced to leave strategic position to shoot enemies

Limbo does regenerate energy and makes allies untargetable, this is genuinely a huge benefit, especially in sortie defense and for warframes that rely 100% on their abilities.

Edit- also worth mentioning that you can't pick up mods, resources, energy orbs and ammo when you're inside a cataclysm, mods and resources can wait, sometimes energy orbs and ammo can't. This is 90% of why I don't like limbo in the team, a limbo that only uses cataclysm sparingly is fine in my book. Someone who spams it on the objective is a pain in the hek.

Edited by Mastikator2

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

1. Cataclysm on the terminal, so that the person carrying the package drops it and is unable to hack the terminal.
2. A second layer of annoyance for everyone else when only limbo can shoot things inside the catacylsm without having to be inside
3. Forced to wait for enemies to enter the cataclysm, or forced to leave strategic position to shoot enemies

Limbo does regenerate energy and makes allies untargetable, this is genuinely a huge benefit, especially in sortie defense and for warframes that rely 100% on their abilities.

1- Of course you're gonna use cataclysm after the terminal is activated.

2- The cataclysm is EXTREMELY small, you won't believe the size of it. Test it with narrow minded. Avoiding it is not a big deal, you only have to stand 5-6 feet away from the terminal. It's more of a way to do mobile defenses peacefully in t4 or sorties.

3- And having less enemies to kill is bad because?

Just now, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

1- Of course you're gonna use cataclysm after the terminal is activated.

2- The cataclysm is EXTREMELY small, you won't believe the size of it. Test it with narrow minded. Avoiding it is not a big deal, you only have to stand 5-6 feet away from the terminal. It's more of a way to do mobile defenses peacefully in t4 or sorties.

3- And having less enemies to kill is bad because?

1. Of course there is no guarantee that the limbo does this, and in my experience he only doesn't put it on after because he's too slow.

2. I've only seen one player use it with narrow minded, I've seen plenty of players use it with overextend oh boy is that a delight.

3. There aren't fewer enemies to kill, only fewer enemies that can be killed. (also it's bad because less exp and loot, not that there are fewer, but if there were I'd hate limbo even more)

Just now, Mastikator2 said:

1. Of course there is no guarantee that the limbo does this, and in my experience he only doesn't put it on after because he's too slow.

2. I've only seen one player use it with narrow minded, I've seen plenty of players use it with overextend oh boy is that a delight.

3. There aren't fewer enemies to kill, only fewer enemies that can be killed. (also it's bad because less exp and loot, not that there are fewer, but if there were I'd hate limbo even more)

And that's exactly why people want a rework, because the so called "Limbo players" are actually too stupid to build Limbo correctly. The community isn't actually crying to rework Limbo because he's inefficient, but because the people that do play Limbo make him LOOK inefficient

1 minute ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

The community isn't actually crying to rework Limbo because he's inefficient, but because the people that do play Limbo make him LOOK inefficient

No, just no. Stop it. We went over that already 1000 of times.

1 minute ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

And that's exactly why people want a rework, because the so called "Limbo players" are actually too stupid to build Limbo correctly. The community isn't actually crying to rework Limbo because he's inefficient, but because the people that do play Limbo make him LOOK inefficient

People shouldn't have to make a specific build to be "efficient". Calling the community stupid is also not helping your side of the argument.

Ow dear you've opend the flood gates of hell sir!

Now As i see it and im saying this as a Limbo main Limbo does need a rework and their is a few major reasons to it.

First and most important Anti Synergy: Limbo is almost universaly hated and will continue to be hated as long as he can be used to troll other people into oblivion. You cant use a long range cataclysm unless you are in solo and even with low range you dont want to keep the cataclysm up for more then 3 seconds tops so build varriety suffers as well.

Secondly Limbo is Subject to Per update decay: Im sure you your self might encounter it at some point you walk throug the rift and BAM In your face something just ignored your power and you are now dead as a result. That my good sir is a rift exeption and they happen because of the way limbo's rift works + the fact DE does not doubble check what does and what does not work with limbo pr update.

The result is Limbo slowly decaying unless these bugs are fixed constantly and I already know of 4 of these. What is even more scary is that that number only grows pr update. This needs a serious fixing before Limbo becomes unplayable. 

Third and final subject is the fact that his kit however many small magic tricks Limbo's got His kit remains Clunky and unfinished: Cataclysm gets you killed Rift surge is taking up a slot for no other reason then to be a power gate trying to limit limbo's time in the rift and banish is buggy and clunky to use.

There that should about sum it up.

Edited by JmDaFuz

4 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

I mainly want pickups and mission objectives to work while banished. If an invisible loki can carry a data package to the mobile defense terminal why can't a riftwalking limbo? If an invisible ash can pick up mods, resources, ammo and energy, why can't a riftwalking limbo? Why should the cataclysm also be a "no loot zone"? That's beginning and end of list for limbo rework. These are not things that can be fixed with a correct build, these are QOL improvements. Limbo isn't weak, he's infuriating.

Edited by Mastikator2

Face it, Limbo takes way to much to be "good". No, scratch that, he will never be good. Completely garbage trash. Why use a complicated slow frame that has terrible abilities when you can use one that can do things way better and easier and faster? 

Why are you so against him actually having the chance to do well? 

The concept is nice, but the frame needs serious reworking, same with Hydroid.

Edited by Saltify

People who like limbo is only because they got him before valkyr and then on liked his "godmode" better thinking cause they too no dmg in the rift that he was "good"

Every time a Limbo joins a game it's just another  944164-troll_obvious_super.jpg~c200.

Yes you could argue that it's the player, but if said player is 99% of Limbo players something needs to change.

When allies can get locked into the rift and then until the end of the game cant kill or pick up items, something needs to change.

When  you cant insert the hack tool due to the rift again not letting you pick stuck up stuff needs to change.

When you can barely survive past lv 50, something needs to change.

When you slow down the flow of the game something needs to change. It doesnt matter if you personally like him, he hurts the flow of the game which DE wouldnt want for their game(even though his trolliness has gone on for a LONG time now...).

You Limbo lovers like to put logic behind keeping him the way he is now but the logic is what I said above...not how you rationalize it,

Edited by rawr1254

2 minutes ago, Saltify said:

Why are you so against him actually having the chance to do well? 

on this note effeciency for a lot of people is 1 click BOOM or CC in which case limbo however inefficient this is provides an alternative method of play aka tactical approach. 

Simply put Limbo's abilities aside from rift surge provides a HUGE amount of freedom to the end result and encourages creativity, a thing mind you that im having a hard time finding in any other warframe out there. The Limbo that can perform and be neigh indestructible is the result of the player using Limbo and not the result of the CC or Nuke button.

Making Limbo "Efficient" Will quite litteraly Kill one of the most uniqe playstyles in the entire game. I say that would be quite the shame.

5 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

You Limbo lovers like to put logic behind keeping him the way he is now but the logic is what I said above...not how you rationalize it,

Actually, as you can see here the Limbo community is kinda separated on this matter 

IMO he's fine as is, just needs to have the casting time on rift walk removed so you don't get smacked when you are going to reenter the rift, and no, natural talent and speed drift do not help this problem much, and maybe knockdown on enemies entering cataclysm so you don't get overwhelmed like, super easy.

9 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Technically Limbo is able to scale to infinity. Maybe not as a DPS, but as a support

5 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Actually, as you can see here the Limbo community is kinda separated on this matter 

IMO he's fine as is, just needs to have the casting time on rift walk removed so you don't get smacked when you are going to reenter the rift, and no, natural talent and speed drift do not help this problem much, and maybe knockdown on enemies entering cataclysm so you don't get overwhelmed like, super easy.

Again no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you play him, he slows down the game, he bugs the game, and he trolls the game. He needs to change to pretty anything he isnt now.

Edited by rawr1254

Limbo is ok as it is - just not the usual set of skills we're used to in the game, he needs a different approach.

Honestly though, his 3rd ability needs to be reworked. It grants a nice damage bonus, but it's kinda meh... I never use it, to be frank - and I use Limbo quite often.

Edited by Vastarov
Weird phrasing

We all like to kill with our guns and sword more than our abilities; if you pay attention to your squad mates, you'll notice that they tend to go off and kill "their own" batch of enemies. If Limbos went and kill their own batch its ok, but when they kill close to their squad mates its feels like they're delaying the kills rather than helping.

Edited by NekroArts

52 minutes ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

So, why do people exactly what Limbo to be reworked?

Mostly because they don't know how he works in the first place. Limbo is the most difficult frame to use because he's the only one who requires not only for his user to know how to use him, but for his teammates to know how they can work with him. See this guy

13 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

-snip-

A perfect example of ignorance and obsolete generalisations.

Granted, Limbo does need some touch-ups, but it's the touch-ups, not rework.

2 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Again no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you play him, he slows down the game, he bugs the game, and he trolls the game. He needs to change to pretty anything he isnt now.

He slows down the game, only if a bad player uses him. I haven't seen any bugs with Limbo so far. Again, Limbo trolls only if a terrible player uses him.

It's like when you bring a Vauban for Bastille but instead he uses his jumper mines to prevent you from hacking consoles. Does that make Vauban a troll?

16 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

People who like limbo is only because they got him before valkyr and then on liked his "godmode" better thinking cause they too no dmg in the rift that he was "good"

Every time a Limbo joins a game it's just another  944164-troll_obvious_super.jpg~c200.

Yes you could argue that it's the player, but if said player is 99% of Limbo players something needs to change.

When allies can get locked into the rift and then until the end of the game cant kill or pick up items, something needs to change.

When  you cant insert the hack tool due to the rift again not letting you pick stuck up stuff needs to change.

When you can barely survive past lv 50, something needs to change.

When you slow down the flow of the game something needs to change. It doesnt matter if you personally like him, he hurts the flow of the game which DE wouldnt want for their game(even though his trolliness has gone on for a LONG time now...).

Speaking of trolling, I've been expecting but have yet to see a post about Limbo players using cataclysm during fissure alerts.