Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Absorb tweaks

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys!

I've always loved Nyx's Absorb, but something that irks me is the fact that the ability deals Magnetic damage. What I would do is make it deal all the types of damage it is pumped into it. For example: 

Your allies shoot your Absorb bubble

Ally one dealt 20 Toxin

Ally two dealt 30 Corrosive

Ally three dealt 10 Heat

Ally four dealt 40 Cold 

All that damage equals 100. When Nyx releases the ability, it will deal 100 damage to all enemies in range. 20% of it will be Toxin, 30% will be Corrosive, 10% will be Heat and 40% will be Cold. The idea is that the ability remains as a viable, charged nuke in all scenarios and not just Corpus/Shielded ones

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Agreed, makes sense.

I would like to add to take a look at the energy / damage ratio drain.
With a powerful weapon, you can basically drain 600+ energy in less than a second - leaving Nyx completely vurnable
- since Quick thinking and her control abilities are her only real defense.

3 hours ago, Lazarus-Fox said:

Agreed, makes sense.

I would like to add to take a look at the energy / damage ratio drain.
With a powerful weapon, you can basically drain 600+ energy in less than a second - leaving Nyx completely vurnable
- since Quick thinking and her control abilities are her only real defense.

The energy drain is something I would leave untouched. Remember that she can deal several tens of thousands of damage easil with Absorb. The drain would prevent her from spamming it and being too overpowered

2 hours ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

While it would be nice, I'm afraid people might just run Nyx as a "press 4 to win" nuker if this happens. Personally I love her CC, and absorb is great as a survival tool (toxin or slash procs don't matter to Nyx)

I love Nyx, first Warframe I got (starters don't count)

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The energy drain is something I would leave untouched. Remember that she can deal several tens of thousands of damage easil with Absorb. The drain would prevent her from spamming it and being too overpowered

I love Nyx, first Warframe I got (starters don't count)

Good point.
I prefered the "old" absorb, however. You can "troll" a Nyx by depleeting all her energy - that was my pov.

Nyx <3