Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accuracy transition delay test (vectis)

Pythadragon

I had these images lying around from an old test I did - figured I'd toss these out here.

Context: Ever since the sniper rework, snipers no longer had pinpoint accuracy on hipfire. They instead became very inaccurate on hipfire, but accurate on scope. However, folk were immediately suspicious of accuracy bugs because scoped accuracy was always 'hit or miss'. There was talk among players of an accuracy transition delay i.e. if you held your scope zoom longer, then the gun would gain in accuracy, but no test that I am aware of that shows or confirms this.

Test: Using a macro, I tested shooting at 100, 200, 300, 400ms delay immediately after shooting a vectis from a fixed distance while standing still. I fired 10 rounds per test. I unfortunately do not remember the distance I tested at, but I'll guess it was at 30 meters, which was my standard test distance for many things.

Results: It is very clear that weapon spread decreases with time scoped, with the gun attaining minimum spread at 400ms after scoping.

Furthermore: I was unable to achieve a consistent enough procedure to get exact results, but movement speed also delays the accuracy transition. Simply walking increases the delay required to achieve maximum accuracy. Sliding takes longer than walking. More than that, I wasn't able to easily test.

Other: I believe that this accuracy transition delay affects all weapons with different spread values on aimed vs unaimed, but did not get values for the >100 guns currently in pvp. I do not know if other weapons share the same timing to achieve maximum accuracy as the vectis.

100ms

58kOJiD.jpg

200ms

mWAPepa.jpg

300ms

dHAkRlJ.jpg

400ms

A4sfL0s.jpg

Edited by Pythadragon

Oh wow. I always thought something felt really off about sniper scoped aim, but I ascribed it to latency/scope sway even when looking back over recordings...

It seems really vindictive to include something like this, especially if it's just to discourage quick-scoping. 

Edited by Krysyth

15 hours ago, Krysyth said:

Oh wow. I always thought something felt really off about sniper scoped aim, but I ascribed it to latency/scope sway even when looking back over recordings...

It seems really vindictive to include something like this, especially if it's just to discourage quick-scoping. 

It affects all weapons. Personally I don't have an issue with it/could go either way on whether or not it's a problem or not. I have wondered if it's intentional, but it follows my line of thought expressed way back here:

I feel that knowing that this transition time exists for many months now, I have been able to out shoot opponents despite pausing for longer before engaging by 'prescoping' many weapons. I have also played around with more stationary sniper styles with good success.

Now what *would be nice* is if there was a reactive crosshair that shows the current potential spread of your weapon.

Edited by Pythadragon