Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starter Warframes: Include Them All

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys

I've been playing for over a year and I absolutely love this game. Naturally, I want to infect as many friends as possible with the Warframe Fever. Unfortunately, more than once have I had friends say "Oooh, I want (Warframe that is not a starter and not easily obtainable)". I have told them that they must either buy the Warframe with Platinum (by spending money) or farm for it. Yet, since they are new, it takes them a long time and many have quit because they couldn't get their preferred frame (e.g. Mesa or Ivara). What I propose is that new and starting players are given the option to choose one out of every Warframe to begin their journey as. That way they can pick the Warframe with whom they relate more and can have a very enjoyable headstart in the game utilizing the character that most caught their attention. I know this would require a revision to the starting quest, since the first thing you do is use your first skill to kill some Grineer and some Warframe's first skill are not designed to kill. However, I firmly believe this will aid in attracting more players to the game and reduce the amount of people that quit because they are forced to start with a Warframe that is not to their liking. Comments and feedback are highly encouraged. Please be constructive and respectful, thank you for your time :)

The starting warframes are who they are because the give 3 different play styles. All 3 are fairly easy to understand and to use in entry level game play. They help players get a better understanding of the game. This is why Loki was removed as a starter. Too many new players thought he looked and sounded cool, but couldn't grasp how to use him and thought he was weak. The problem with giving new players ultimate freedom to choose a warframe is that they no idea how to use any of them or what is better for their play style. Beginner frames are best for helping new players find out what fits best in their play style to allow for maximum amount of fun. If a player gets irritated trying to use and advanced warframe, they may very well walk away from the game all together. Mesa is quest driven and Ivara is tough to get simply for RNG reasons. All frames, minus Vauban, are fairly easy to obtain. (Maybe not equinox and all her 8 parts needed). 

I think starting warframes are the why they are to help new players understand the game better. Taking that away might just add confusion and drive more away than bring in. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

i would say no  due to how some frames work for a new player it would be a hindrance and even turn them away as i almost gave up at first as  because of how much of a glass canon loki was as my starter frame, new players wont have the mods or be able to use advanced frames like loki effectively early on harming the new player experience.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

The starting warframes are who they are because the give 3 different play styles. All 3 are fairly easy to understand and to use in entry level game play. They help players get a better understanding of the game. This is why Loki was removed as a starter. Too many new players thought he looked and sounded cool, but couldn't grasp how to use him and thought he was weak. The problem will giving new players ultimate freedom to choose a warframe is that they no idea how to use any of them or what is better for their play style. Beginner frames are best for helping new players find out what fits best in their play style to allow for maximum amount of fun. If a player gets irritated trying to use and advanced warframe, they may very well walk away from the game all together. Mesa is quest driven and Ivara is tough to get simply for RNG reasons. All frames, minus Vauban, are fairly easy to obtain. (Maybe not equinox and all her 8 parts needed). 

I think starting warframes are the why they are to help new players understand the game better. Taking that away might just add confusion and drive more away than bring in. 

Couldn't have said it any better, plus there is the fact that Rhino is still locked behind MR2 (something people always overlook)

,,12 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hi, guys

I've been playing for over a year and I absolutely love this game. Naturally , I want to infect as many friends as possible with the Warframe Fever. Unfortunately, more than once have I had friends say "Oooh, I want (Warframe that is not a starter and not easily obtainable)". I have told them that they must either buy the Warframe with Platinum (by spending money) or farm for it. Yet, since they are new, it takes them a long time and many have quit because they couldn't get their preferred frame (e.g. Mesa or Ivara). What I propose is that new and starting players are given the option to choose one out of every Warframe to begin their journey as. That way they can pick the Warframe with whom they relate more and can have a very enjoyable headstart in the game utilizing the character that most caught their attention. I know this would require a revision to the starting quest, since the first thing you do is use your first skill to kill some Grineer and some Warframe's first skill are not designed to kill. However, I firmly believe this will aid in attracting more players to the game and reduce the amount of people that quit because they are forced to start with a Warframe that is not to their liking. Comments and feedback are highly encouraged. Please be constructive and respectful, thank you for your time :)

I want to say no, that its part of the game to farm frames and what not but...

Baring quest-frames (limbo, mirage, chroma, am I forgetting one?) and MR locked frame(s) (just rhino right?) I honestly can't think of a reason why any of the normal farmable frames (Valk, Mesa, Saryn, Banshee,etc.) shouldn't be starters. No matter what you'd still have to grind through the star chart for the rest of the farm-frames.

Then you'll see a player choose Loki, die a lot because they don't have the required mods to make Loki very well early on, quits the game out of frustration.

Yea, no. The starters are there because they work well, even at base power stats at early levels.

3 starters is a good way too introduce players to the game. Suddenly shoving all warframes in their face saying "pick one" is simply not going to work out.

And then there is the problem of peer pressure. You HAVE to get ash becase he only drops from manics, you HAVE to pick equinox because she requires the most parts and whatevet else.