The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Pet Naming

AlienOvermind

I know it has been brought up many times, but it won't hurt to say it again.

DE, please let us rename our pets at the very least once after our puppy/kitten becomes fully-grown. Or let us postpone naming until maturing.

Reason why I want this feature: mature Kubrow/Kavat appearence is the most important factor for me to decide either keep it (so I'll need to spent some time to pick up good name) or send it to Lotus pet shelter (so I can give it a random name). But alas, I have to pick up the name before I know how my pet will look and it's so very annoying.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Pretty amusing that we can change our own in-game name for plat, but not that of our pet. I agree that this should be implemented.

Since a dog's name is mostly designated on their collar, perhaps there could be some kind of repeatable Quest that allows you to obtain a new collar for the pet to give them a new designation (or just make Collars craftable items you can grind for)? It would also be a great opportunity to introduce new types of collars that might have small impact on their stats.

I already asked this to Rebecca during Devstream. It was Steve who was reading it and he said yes probably.

I guess "when" would be the ideal question...

Source:

Devstream 72 @ 1:01:27 mark.

Spoiler

Edited by Oranji