Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Progress in The New Strange

Landpaddle

Prior to the Specters of the Rail update, The New Strange required crafting Chroma parts. However, since I was on the first leg of the quest, and the recipe was changed to a Scorched Beacon, I have not received this recipe and cannot continue the quest.

This is a serious progression stopper. I am unable to do the Saturn junction since completion of The New Strange is required, which isn't possible due to never having been given a Scorched Beacon to craft. Please run a script to give players at various stages of progression the items they need, or at least reset the quest for them. Thank you.

On 7/19/2016 at 2:38 PM, Landpaddle said:

Prior to the Specters of the Rail update, The New Strange required crafting Chroma parts. However, since I was on the first leg of the quest, and the recipe was changed to a Scorched Beacon, I have not received this recipe and cannot continue the quest.

This is a serious progression stopper. I am unable to do the Saturn junction since completion of The New Strange is required, which isn't possible due to never having been given a Scorched Beacon to craft. Please run a script to give players at various stages of progression the items they need, or at least reset the quest for them. Thank you.

i was thinking the same thing why not let the players also restart the mission from the beginning so players can get what they were after i had to bulid the scorged beacon but i delete them on accident now i cant complete

It gets worse, the Scorched Beacon is a crafting part for the fourth stage of the mission, along with the third stage's "token"

It's very much a case of something has gone beyond "strange" with this quest, since this problem has been here through all 12 hotfixes so far.
a complete re-setting of the quest, while likely frowned upon, is probably going to end up being the only viable solution to all the bugs in this quest

Heck, today I found myself "skipped" past the "craft beacon" stage, and so was able to complete the third stage and find out the fourth is dependant on the tokens from the second and third.

For myself, I still lack the scorched beacon as well, but was able to progress by constructing the Chassis, which I had the BP for prior to SotR.  Furthermore, hotfix12 should have addressed being able to complete the quest itself for everyone.

The fix did not, however, resolve the issue regarding the scorched beacon and its corresponding blueprint, which by extension prevents completion of the [Chroma Mark] item.  I too would like to suggest a second examination of the scorched beacon.

• 2 weeks later...