The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties not rewarding enough

Endorphinz

It long has been a point of contention at least for me, but it is my opinion that sorties' rewards do not reflect the effort and (sometimes) frustration put into them. We have to remember that not everyone can do these sorties easily, and the rewards on the table are: old vandal or wraith weapon parts, which are nice for collecting; Nezha parts, which are nice until you have 5 copies of each part; focus lenses, which are MANDATORY to expand your focus tree and should be rewarded to lower-leveled players (!).

And then we have the fusion cores, which are an alright reward, 25 or 50, with a chance for a legendary core, it's not a bad deal.

It's been said before, the sorties reward table needs looking at. I'd feel that getting 25+ fusion cores IN ADDITION to a drop off the table would be a great alternative, because again, I want to actually feel rewarded for accomplishing a chore like this, and not have to roll on a drop table cluttered with useless prizes (to me).

Maybe I'm just greedy, and I want too much given to me, but maybe some other players feel the same.

Stay close to the walls

Lenses need to be redistributed in some other way for sure, I quit sorties after so many core rewards. Haven't used more than 15 cores total since before sorties started, I don't even see them as a reward lol they just mean you'll have to do more work to fit mods with so many items using the same mods with different space

Why do people not like cores? Do you really not have a single mod you want to get to rank 10? Sorties are arguably one of the best ways to farm cores. 

I agree about the lenses. An MR4 player that just did Second Dream probably isn't going to do Sorties without some heavy carrying, so there needs to be an alternative. Perhaps scatter them throughout the junctions?

Just now, tifanator said:

Why do people not like cores? Do you really not have a single mod you want to get to rank 10? Sorties are arguably one of the best ways to farm cores. 

I agree about the lenses. An MR4 player that just did Second Dream probably isn't going to do Sorties without some heavy carrying, so there needs to be an alternative. Perhaps scatter them throughout the junctions?

I think adding a very low (like 1%) as random reward for any mission except assasination is good idea. Currently there is no reason to run non-endless missions except spy. Spy is both kinda fun and gives good rewards (relics, cores, usefull mods, ivara) I think other game modes rewards should be brought on-par. Well that's another story.

I think adding a very low chance (and guranteed bonus reward for junctions) is a good idea. New players will get them while exploring solar map, veterans can do sorties. Also greater lenses (crafted) should go to raid rewards, it only makes sense to do so. Right now there is very little reason to run raids.

21 minutes ago, tifanator said:

Well, the fusion cores are the only reward from the table that I actually -approved- of. That's why I think it would be nice to have them as a constant reward.