Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 11

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Kryztoval said:

This is so annoying, I have seen so many people farming in groups, just to have the group disband because some got the reward and some didn't... What is the point of picking someone else's reward if they will show a different one?!

Also happens when farming Saryn (normal), we all got different pieces, and the limbo bug makes it not many appreciate limbo's abilities.

This is a big problem. I hope it gets looked at soon before a new round of primes come in. It is already frustrating trying to help out other players for particular drops. 

1 hour ago, Geraaltix said:

This wouldn't be so bad

Weird, I find this new "Flight mode" a lot easier to manage, perhaps because I am more used to this "state of movement" rather than the original one which I did not understand. Instead of focusing on the archwing I focus in my destination, never missed a bit, or a target.

What I do find unearthing is the minimap, that thing is obnoxious. I wish they could make it more spherical, or even more like the ones old figther jet games had, that icons would change size with distance or rotation based on you.

And the auto rotate which I would gladly call DENORMALIZE is so annoying. First time it happened I was like. "WOW, Who is moving my warframe and why? I need to kill it NOW!". Specially when maneuvering a lot I get used to the new location of things and suddenly, everything shifted and I start aiming at the wrong direction.

Having said that, the archwing missions need a check. Mobile Archwing defense? no thanks. Most players don't even know what to do on those, and I have yet to find a group of randoms that can pass one.

I wish my carrier worked on archwing too, how am I supossed to grab pickups in this mode that is pretty high speed paced?

Anyhow... remember that annoying enemy that casted a bubble around itself and would not let you get away? I kinda miss those guys, sure, they were annoying, but they were never as annoying as the auto rotation.

If you are looking for rotation options, go oldschool! Add a button to rotate left and one to rotate right, also add a hold to switch mouse left and right to rotate left and right respectively, the "center me up" makes no sense in 3d, perhaps a "mach my up with targeted enemy", that would be more useful (and that code can be used on enemies to match the player they are attacking). Hey! don't blame me, you were the ones that decided to walk away from seudo 3d movement (3d with gravity provides limits in 1 axis) to full 3d movement, so now... do it properly!

People will always complain about 3D navigatin on a world where there is no "up", but this has been on games since Descent about 3 ages ago.

A pleasure playing this game otherwise, and that I have such a little list of things to complain about also means I have many things to be thankful for. Great job! You are getting better on each interaction.

Is anyone else having very regular disconnects since the patch?

I have been disconnected at various times 6-7 times now since the hotfix, normally I don't get disconnected at all, for whole days.

also  "could not update account information" after every single mission

and, there is no lith fissure at all now, "lith fissure on early planets" fix appears to have backfired?

Edited by enizer

3 hours ago, S33K3RsDude said:

The inventory slot system you have is by far the worst and most outrages system you've ever had and has needed removel for ages, instead you spread it? I understand, that some time ago, when the game had a smaller playerbase you needed people to buy plat and the slots might have been a big part of that, but that time is long gone. Right now you should be making more than enough money with all the players buying cosmetics and your Prime Access'. The Slot system is the biggest hurdle to any new player. It should at least be tied to Mastery, giving you some slots while rising in the ranks and leaving you with the ability to buy some additional ones if you want to keep all weapons, but every player should be able to house every Warframe, when team compositions actually matters quite a lot in the game's endgame, and breed at least one of every type of Kubrow and Kavat. Slots are like peanuts to you, but mountains to those of us who are actually following the game's motto, being Ninjas and playing free. Stop forcing us to make use of the trade chat, which sometimes feels like the most horrible place on earth.

This deserves its own THREAD. On each feedback thread. Daily.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed strange flickering of UI elements that could occur on AMD or Intel GPUs (eg: on the star map where the extractor icon shows what resources are on a planet or in the Syndicate offerings tab at the top once you've scrolled down).

also happens with Nvidia... I know it all too good

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 11

Changes

• Improved system performance while optimizing the cache on systems with less than 12GB of RAM; large cache blocks would eagerly consume all physical memory in the operating system IO-cache to accelerate defrag however this would force other applications into the page-file and make the system unresponsive.

Fixes

• Fixed strange flickering of UI elements that could occur on AMD or Intel GPUs (eg: on the star map where the extractor icon shows what resources are on a planet or in the Syndicate offerings tab at the top once you've scrolled down).

You mean I shouldn't have smashed my laptop O_o???

Edited by Jakku

Changes

• Changed "Unexpected Server Delay" to "Network Not Responding" for a more accurate clarification when this prompt occurs.

So, it's no longer a bug but a feature? I must admit, that's the most elegant solution to non-responding servers I've ever seen. And it's also very cost efficient. Kudos, DE!

DE, could you look into relays being unavailable to users? My friend has a problem with the relays and I've also noticed quite a few players in the game that I've played with asking me the same question.

Whenever they enter a relay, there is nobody there at all except for the NPCs, they have set their game matchmaking to public as well and their settings are similar to mine, not sure if anyone has reported it and this might cause an issue for them as they are unable to head to Maroo's Bazaar to conduct trades and will have to solely rely on the trading channel which has a ton of people, and you can only post once every 3 minute, your posts probably will get shifted up really quick before you even know it.

Thanks in advance :D

I think this is kind of important that should be addressed hopefully in the next few Hotfixes:

This also includes Valkyr's Hysteria and Wukong's Primal Fury.
I would provide a video but it's quite simple to replicate via just throw any throwing melee weapon and then use any of the previous mentioned Warframes' abilities while it's still in-flight.

Void Fissure Changes

Just wanted to confirm that this is not happening.

There's no Lith Fissure at all right now.

This screenie was taken just minutes ago.

sRQKcZ3.jpg

There's now a Rescue Lith Fissure, but this proves the update doesn't seem to have worked correctly.

Edited by Arkvold