Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red crit and Red status

(PSN)iPoisonedFlint

7 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Personally, I'd prefer a "red status" causing extra effects. A good example would be a regular cold proc slows, a red proc freezes solid, or regular gas causes instant spread while red proc causes spread with cloud linger.

or status does percent damage instead

Just now, taiiat said:

surely you can identify that is not a good idea.

forums members being rude.... should be used to people insulting people while they hide behind their computer screens 

back on topic:

Percentage damage shouldnt exceed 10 percent which could make it viable for endless missions while not op in lower misssions

Or over 100% = the combined elements plus a random single element proc on red status. So if you have corrosive + blast you can proc corossive regularly and then on reds you can proc toxic, elec, cold, or heat at random.

Edited by rawr1254

8 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Or over 100% = the combined elements plus a random single element proc on red status. So if you have corrosive + blast you can proc corossive regularly and then on reds you can proc toxic, elec, cold, or heat at random.

I like this idea, it would be fun to see, but think what if you see magnetic status on grineer enemies 

Edited by (PS4)damagerate1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Percentage damage shouldnt exceed 10 percent which could make it viable for endless missions while not op in lower misssions

'balanced' would be 0%.
because you can't balance it. Weapons wildly vary in Status Rate.

6 hours ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

Or.... just have the bullet proc twice. Nothing complicated.

Implement this and i would stick with my red crits or standard status builds. What is there to proc twice? Cold? Radiation? Viral? Oh, gas and corrosive could do well! But is it worth sacrificing so much damage in order to get reliable "red procs"? I wouldn't say so.

11 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Implement this and i would stick with my red crits or standard status builds. What is there to proc twice? Cold? Radiation? Viral? Oh, gas and corrosive could do well! But is it worth sacrificing so much damage in order to get reliable "red procs"? I wouldn't say so.

Then the same thing could be said for considering running any one off proc elements with how status works currently. Why would the game proc radiation again when the enemy is already radiated? Why would the game proc cold again when it already has a cold proc on him? Why would I need another Viral proc if it procced already before? Even now, to get the most out of status, you're already going to be prioritizing elements with procs that stack. The fact that the proposed red status procs twice is not going to change much, it's just more procs, just like how red crit is just 2x damage on top of the current crit damage and not something different like converting it to finisher damage.

They could change it so that somehow all procs stack. Cold could stack, every proc reducing the movement even further like how the Glaxion works. Viral could too, but probably dialed back to something like a quarter of health each proc, but then it's pretty much like a diminishing finisher damage, still nice to have for bullet sponge end game. Radiation....ehhh... I'm stuck on that one.

19 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Personally, I'd prefer a "red status" causing extra effects. A good example would be a regular cold proc slows, a red proc freezes solid, or regular gas causes instant spread while red proc causes spread with cloud linger.

I like this idea a lot. It adds more potential than simply "moar damage pweeze" of course, a damage bonus is always welcome.

red status ideas continued:

fire: the area around effected enemy is lot on fire, similar to napalm fire.

toxin: tics much faster and for more damage.

electric: effected enemies act like Volts Discharge, but doesn't scale as well.

Magnetic: effected enemies are held in place for the duration of the proc.

Viral: enemies suddenly take massive damage, if an enemies dies by this special proc, surrounding enemies are procced with viral.

Corrosive: leaves a pool on the ground. Enemies that walk through this pool get an armor of X% armor reduction for every second they are in it.

blast: I always wondered why blast damage in this game didn't have a satisfying boom sooo... Red status blast causes a large explosion that throws the enemy and those around it off of their feet, enemies thrown on the ground this way are open to finishers.

radiation: red status radiation has no noticeable effects right off the bat, but when effected they start to glow with an aura. Enemies around this effected enemy are effected as well and so are the enemies are THOSE enemies, like a chain reaction. These enemies would take "invisible damage" that the game calculates. When this number reaches 100% of the units max health they will automatically disintegrate, regardless of how much health they still had left. The more red irradiated enemies there are the faster these invisible numbers would stack. This may seem overpowered, being able to melt enemies regardless of health, but I'm sure it could be balanced fairly well. Truth is I'm not even sure if I explained this well, seemed better on my head lol.