Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Trolling?

(PSN)Romulus93

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Yes, but how do I know that and on whose word? Is it too much to ask for just some legal protections.

Legal protections? Not only is that really vague, but I don't need to ask for the specifics because the answer is "yes, that is too much to ask"

This is very hard to grasp for some people, but you don't actually have Freedom of Speech on the internet. Not because the laws are archaic and don't cover the internet (they would), but because the Internet isn't actually a public place. It's a collection of private places. Servers that you access to view websites and play online games, such as Warframe and its forums, are all privately owned. And the owners of those private servers are under no obligation to host your words, works, or access. DigitalExtremes reserves the right to terminate your account and access for any reason, including no reason, at any time. And you will find virtually no legal recourse within the United States Judicial System if they choose to do so

And you agreed to this when you started playing

If DigitalExtremes bans you for "trolling" -- let's say hypothetically some whiner reports you and the autoban system registers it as a false positive -- you are entirely at the mercy of asking very nicely and hoping they listen to you if you want a second chance

Note that everything I have described is a worst-case scenario. Companies that want to be successful will do everything in their power to avoid bad publicity and provide proper customer support. While the written rules state "we can ban you for any reason at any time", the UNwritten rules say "hey, we've got some behavioral etiquette we'd like you to follow, and it's company policy to let you continue playing as long as you behave properly :3" If they ban you for reasons that fly contrary to their company policy, it's in their best interest to unban you before you take it to Reddit and start spreading tales of your bad experience. What's more, DigitalExtremes is filled with friendly people who want you to have fun, they aren't going to revoke your access to the fun they provide unless they REALLY have to

Edited by TARINunit9

If you are maliciously targeting players with the sole intent of ruining their experience then I would say that constitutes as trolling or griefing. If you are playing the game selfishly (hallway heroing) or prolonging the missions without reason then you are just being a jerk and should go play solo. 

Ash and Ember spam is dull as fudge for others but not against the rules.

Well as long as your not hacking or breaking any terms  your account should be fine. I remember reading somewhere while researching warframe codes from G2A, that going into negative plat (by DE removing plat from your account)  your account gets instabanned.

Edited by UGOTCOOKIES