Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Cargo Explorafun - Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

Wall o' text incoming, sowwie. I tend to take a lot of pictures and share them all at once rather than one at a time. Spoilered for convenience. I try to name the tiles where I found the stuff, but I really rely on the designer to recognize his stuff since I am not all knowing. 

Other people can participate if they have feedback on the Corpus ship (I called it cargo for alliterative appeal), I just happened to start a thread for it because I visited it a lot to farm and felt comfortable sharing my opinion and all the glitches I found. The glitch list isn't exhaustive obviously, I did not ram every wall on purpose (some of them yeah, I confess), so you can report the glitches you find here if you please.

I separate my pic in three category: "TBF" (to be fixed) when it's clearly a bug/glitch, "TBC" (to be considered) when I'm suggesting changing a detail I think could be improved and finally "... !" for random stuff I liked or details I noticed.

General comments on the tile set : Much of what I said in the Corpus Colony thread can be copy pasted here really, Corpus is a faction of merchants cultist with a hard on for technology, and it shows. If it doesn't shine blue and look like technology, it doesn't belong in the Corpus Cargo, and appropriately enough, the ship is choke full of containers to transport goods, so it's not hard to guess that they are merchants from their loot. They also have an un-healthy obsession with pits for some reasons. Hey, to each their own, right?

Anyhow, let's get those glitches out of the way and make the tile set better, shall we?

#1 TBF: Head clip grate-thing and un-grab-able ledge.

1371780413-terrain-glitch-head-clip-un-g            Orange highlights the grate that you can clip your head with, red highlights the ledge that can't be grabbed. Pretty annoying really, I don't know why I can't grab it to climb anymore, I used to do that all the time.

#2 TBF: Floating ninja.

1371780402-terrain-glitch-floating-ninja            Speaks for itself, located right beside where the previous pic was taken if it wasn't obvious.

#3 TBF: Sunken container.

1371780401-props-glitch-sunken-container            Speaks for itself, located in the room where you fight jackal/hyena (I forget the name).

#4 TBF: Bugged spawning.

1371780394-spawn-bug-no-spawned-enemy-co            I dunno if it's related to the map/level, but no enemy spawned whatsoever in this extermination mission, and I walked from the start to the end twice.

#5 TBC: Invisible wall.

1371780394-terrain-design-invisible-wall            I really don't see the point of the invisible wall there, you can walk in the nook at the level below just fine, and you can trap yourself even if you could bypass the invisible wall. Not specific to that nook.

# 6 TBC: Secret room potential 1.

1371780403-terrain-design-secret-room-po            You could most probably stick something up there,I'd say you should go wild, it would go right over the head of most people. Same tile as previous pic.

#7 TBC: Secret room potential 2. 

1371780398-terrain-design-secret-room-po            In the corner behind the two orange containers, there is a bit of room left by the one that is slightly separated from the wall. Open the container's door just a wee-bit and stick some locker in there and you got yourself a sneaky secret room. You can already drop in the space I talked about, so it's not that much work I believe.

#8 TBC: Secret room potential 3 (I'm done after this one, I promise).

1371780406-terrain-design-secret-room-po            It's already possible to climb on the suspended orange containers using the pillar with a yellow-green arrow, blast open the squared container door and you got a secret room that can be noticed by people who pay attention, and reached more or less easily. However, if you do that one, you need to fix the next glitch...

#9 TBF: Missing upper texture.

1371780417-terrain-glitch-missing-upper-            The rails in the Corpus Cargo is missing textures from above, as you can see. Problem is located both there, and in the previous tile featured in the "Secret room potential 3" 1371780417-terrain-glitch-missing-upper-

#10 TBF: Head clip through ceiling decoration.

1371780416-terrain-glitch-head-clip-corp            Jumping on the orange container under the red square will make your head clip in the ceiling thing.

#11 TBF: More head clip.

1371780414-terrain-glitch-head-clip-2-co            Walking into the highlighted area will make your head clip. Tile is same as "TBC: Secret room potential 2. "

#12 TBF/C: Door that won't open and weird vertical wallrun.

1371780419-terrain-glitch-un-openning-do            Trying to wallrun vertically in the red square will make you clip through the ceiling, while also accelerating very quickly for some reasons. The blue square highlights a door I thought opened before, but won't now, but I'm not sure. At any rate, it's a good place to stick some containers.

#13 TBF: Waypoint won't go away.

1371780419-waypoint-bug-unwavering-waypo            The mission waypoint stayed where the kidnapped victim disappeared. It's not another objective either, like when the game spawn a data mass.

Final thoughts: Not much to say on the Corpus Cargo, it's pretty solid all around I feel, but I get the impression you guys hastily finished the railing system, better re-work them all if you can, you never know which ones might be accessible. Fortunately, Update 9 is all about polishing, so we are ALL going to have so much fun together!

Also, I really want to submit another potential secret room, but I can't find the tile again. I'll get back with that one eventually. But while I'm talking about secret room: Find the evil genius who hid a treasure room above what looks ALREADY like a treasure room and congratulate him for me. What an evil, evil thing to do. Evil in the good way.

PS: While you're headhunting, find the coder who made the Alert system and poke him with a foam weapon of your choice: I missed an alert for my highly desired Volt helmet this morning by 10 minutes, it's not random at this point, the alert system is purposefully and maliciously messing with me at that point. That made me sad before driving to work. 

PPS: Yes, I know rectangles aren't squares, I just don't want to type the extra letters. Don't judge me, it's 10h40 PM. 
Edited by Kinperor

• 1 month later...

Cruel lack of love for this thread, I almost forgot about it. No more:

#14 TBC: Lobby screen Tenno missing a handgun (not specific to tileset)

1374804869-lobby-screen-missing-weapon-c            For spy missions, there's the third frame that is holding up his hand without anything in it. Looks kinda dumb, so I dunno, stick a Lex in there.

#15 TBF: Player trap.

1374804869-player-trap-corpus-cargo.jpg            Don't have much detail on how it happened, but trippy wallrunning was involved.

#16 TBF: Tenno catcher.

1374804869-props-glitch-airborne-trap-co            Flip-jumping into the highlighted area will suspend the Tenno until he slide out of it.

#17 TBF: Container clipping.

1374804882-props-glitch-clipping-contain            Speaks for itself. Located on Xini's defense tile.

#18 TBF: Sunken container.

1374804881-props-glitch-clipping-contain            Speaks for itself.

#19 TBF: Clipping doors. 

1374804881-props-glitch-clipping-door-co            Speaks for itself. I didn't check if I could clip at the same spot.

#20 TBF: Locker clip.

1374804886-props-glitch-clipping-locker-            Speaks for itself. Located in one of the back room of Xini defense tile.

#21 TBF: Faulty Container spawning.

1374804888-props-glitch-faulty-container            As far as I know, thief's wit shouldn't give false alarm like that nor should containers spawn out side the ship. I don't think there was a level below, but I'm not sure.

#22 TBF: Floating moss.

1374804888-props-glitch-floating-moss-co            Zoomed in for details, otherwise it speaks for itself.

#23 TBF: Wide console activation.

1374804887-props-glitch-wide-activation-            It's hard to see, but I'm actually facing a locker, and the console is to my right behind me. Dunno how to replicate exactly, but I know I didn't activate the other console since there was no lock-down.

#24 TBC: Faulty re-teleportation.

1374804892-system-glitch-faulty-teleport            No clue how the sucker got there in the first place, or if he was trapped, but he stayed there a long time regardless.

#25 TBF: Drop trap. (And hostage face?)

1374804893-terrain-design-drop-trap-corp            Red square highlight an area off limit where a blue sphere visibly fell into. Also, the yellow square hightlight the hostage with an un-covered face? I dunno, I only noticed that while editing the image. It's kinda freaky in a blurry-bigfoot pic kind of way.

Done and done. 

Thanks for the support, but really that's a minor thread compared to my other "explorafun" threads (Including void run fun ride). 

Anyway, more reports:

#26 TBF: Drop trap.

1374870250-terrain-design-drop-trap-1-co            That specific blue sphere is easy to access, but the same cannot be said of the other racks in the same room. It would be nice to not lose drops just because you can't reach it. Same room as #18.

#27 TBF: Mob trap.

1374870242-terrain-design-mob-trap-corpu            Speaks for itself. I don't know if the charger spawned there or if he fell that, but I only had this trap occur once in person.

#28 TBC: Secret room estate.

1374870244-terrain-design-secret-room-es            Green square can be accessed already by some wallrunning, and there are already doors up there. Either stick some containers or carve a new room behind those doors to get some loot goodness.

#29 TBF: Ninja catcher.

1374870251-terrain-design-streamlined-co            Flip jumping in the right part of the highlighted area will suspend the player midair until he slide out of it. I suggest you fix it by making the consol more square and regular on the top, I mean honestly that's one of those spots I go often on Xini to get a good field of view, but I find the irregularity of the console annoying for that purpose. I know that square and symmetric props makes for boring sight, but I think we can do an exception here.

#30 TBC: Weird reflection.

1374870249-terrain-design-weird-reflecti            I'm not quite sure what is supposed to be reflected here? I'd rather have a clear window than that honestly, it just feels wrong when it's square reflections you can't tell what it is. Located in Xini should you decide to remove it.

#31 TBF: Clipping columns.

1374870250-terrain-glitch-clipping-terra            Yes it's Xini again, and the highlighted columns are clippable through, and I was surprised to run through them, normally you just avoid them and you never touch them, but I digress. Need something solid under that texture.

#32 TBF: Flickering column.

1374870253-terrain-glitch-flickering-col            I don't know how to replicate that one honestly, but luckily I caught a picture of the column as it was visible. So yeah, problem there, wish I could tell you how to replicate, but I don't know.

#33 TBF: Head clip.

1374870255-terrain-glitch-head-clip-corp            Highlighted area clip with heads when you climb on the lockers.

#34 TBF: Head clip (stairs).

1374870260-terrain-glitch-head-clipping-            In hindsight, maybe I had head clip problem cause I'm playing Saryn (tallest frame). At any rate, I had it happen.

#35 TBF: Head clip (catwalk)

1374870260-terrain-glitch-head-clipping-            Pretty clear I think, walk into the highlighted area to trap your head inside the walkway.

#36 TBF: Glitched lockdown.

1374870260-terrain-glitch-lockdown-glitc            After a host migration, the doors locked down for some reasons. Dunno what other thing could've provoked it honestly. I could fix it tho, by provoking an actual lockdown by breaking the windows in that room.

Anyway, that's all for now. Actually, those were to be posted yesterday but it was getting late. 

Edited by Kinperor

True, but I find it a bit annoying IMO, and sometimes it's just a biiiit out of reach. I like the shelves for loot really, but it'd be easier to get if all the drops got some velocity, which I think most do. At least, I noticed a fair amount of drops flying away from the shelves. 

• 2 weeks later...

These may have been fixed already, but posting them anyway, just in case.

#37 TBF Glitched model lighting

13z0q5c.jpg

This is a weird one: there's a 'zone' in this room (roughly where the red box is) where infested models suddenly lose their lighting/texture (as two chargers in the square kindly show, while a third wonders what the heck happened to them).  When they run out of that 'zone' they revert back to normal.  I haven't noticed this happening with Corpus (then again I don't habitually stand on boxes when fighting Corpus).

#38 TBF Clipping

aokexj.jpg

The wall apparently didn't like those lockers being there, so it started to eat them....

#39 TBC Possible container/locker addition

1670zl3.jpg

Not just the yellow area either, but that whole second 'floor' has loot area potential.  I come across this room a lot it seems and I hate it because there's really nothing in it of interest (aside from three lockers that are rarely openable).

And...I'm done for now.

• 3 months later...

More stuff, I've been kind of neglecting that tileset (what do you want, I report on stuff I visit).

#40 TBF: Weird shadows.

1384120196-light-glitch-weird-shadow-cor            Speaks for itself, located in spawn tile. Looks like a new mat of infested mush, which looks nice but has a rather weird reaction to light on the boundaries. Links to more  instances in the same room.

#41 TBF: Mob trap.

1384120199-mob-trap-corpus-cargo.jpg            Speaks for itself. The Charger isn't "trapped" there for good, but he is staying very far of the pod for no reason. I'd say it's pretty common, without occurring every wave.

Edited by Kinperor

Yet more stuff, mostly light glitches. I added some links to #40 because there was other infestation pads in the same tiles with the same issue. 

#42 TBF: Weird shadow.

1384220094-light-glitch-weird-shadows-co            It's hard to see, but back in that vent(?), there's a square that is more bright than the wall sections around it, which clashes a lot. Same deal for all three vents, I marked the openings to the two others (we can't see the back end of those).

#43 TBF: Weird shadow 1, along with a minor complaint about wallrunning.

1384220091-light-glitch-weird-shadows-co            Shadow problem speaks for itself I believe. As for the wallrunning, I always find this room really un-handy to go up in. When wallrunning from a locker (which would be somewhere under the red square's right edge) and starting a second wallrun on the wall my Nyx is facing, I often find myself starting a horizontal wallrun instead of vertical. I also notice that there's only like 2 spots where you can run up and get a proper height to wallrun on the second wall. Consider changing the room so that wallrunning high enough is doable from any container/locker.

#44 TBF: Weird shadow 2, along with a Vashta Nerada infestation.

1384220094-light-glitch-weird-shadows-2-            The highlighted containers seems a bit too dark for the room, and clashes a bit with the surrounding. In addition to that, the left-most container has a very mobile shadows. I don't have a video, but I have this other picture where the shadow made by the container swung in a different direction. The movement doesn't seem to be related to my flashlight.

#45 TBF: Mob stasis.

1384220097-mob-stasis-corpus-cargo.jpg            For reasons unknown to me, the charger got trapped mid-air in the door's frame. It may or may not be related to the Crawler that tried passing the door at the same time.

#46 TBF: Minor item clipping.

1384220106-props-glitch-clipping-item-co            Speaks for itself. Dunno why it sunk, it's usually a problem I see most often with teleported items, but there is no nearby pitfall. No lag, I was solo.

#47 TBF: Floating mush pad.

1384220113-props-glitch-floating-mush-pa            The extremities of that pad float a bit when it's past the pillar. Opposite of that pillar, across the room, there is another pad in the same situation.

#48 TBF: Bad tripping mush.

1384220112-props-glitch-trippy-mush-corp            It's hard to see but there's some mushrooms that are half there. I got a weird shot where I could see them mid-transition, however it was flickering. As if there was a second mush pad competing for that spot.

#49 TBC: Container Real Estate.

1384220114-terrain-design-loot-location-            There's room on these shelves to accommodate one or two containers IMO. Maybe pluck one or two there for delicious loot.

A couple more boring reports, mostly noticed a lot of weird shadows:

#50 TBF: Weird shadows (Several instance).

1384812648-light-glitch-weird-shadows-co1384812647-light-glitch-weird-shadows-1-            I've been noticing this across various tile, leading me to think the problem is generalized to the console. I think fixing one would fix the rest, but I shared a couple of instances to give you an idea (the tile in the first picture has two more dark console on the other side of the room).

#51 TBF: Weird shadows 1. 

1384812647-light-glitch-weird-shadows-2-            Not quite certain why that door frame is so dark. At any rate, it really clashes out.

#52 TBF: Weird shadows 2.

1384812646-light-glitch-weird-shadows-3-            Speaks for itself.

Oh hi, I’m back to help out with these kinds of threads.  First two are with the new Invasion tilesets for the current event, while the rest are from older tilesets.

#53 TBF Fall out of map zone

119mmft.jpg

The two vents highlighted have no covers, so like the curious explorer I am (whom likes to wormhole her way to (potential) secrets), I got up there, wallrunned up the vent only to have this happen:

m82ty.jpg

I can see my dojo from here!

Suggestion:  either cover up the vents, or add a secret room there ;).

#54 TBF Crate access hindrance

23m4lg9.jpg

Not sure what it is, but it can be tricky to smash the crates in this container.  I wonder if the moving conveyor belt is causing issues with their hitboxes.

#55 TBC Potential secret!

21csayw.jpg

There’s a lot of flat space up on both sides up in that cubby hole: perfect for a few crates/lockers if you ask me.  Though…admittedly those that are not Nova (or Excal/Vauban/Valkye) will have a harder time getting up there I think…..

#56 TBF flicker

9kqrle.jpg

Obvious.

#57 TBF Sunken panels

2w5ufzd.jpg

Both panels here are clipping into the wall.

Come to think of it, I think the issue for this one and #56 is due to the room ahead, as it’s the same one in both (though it’s harder to tell in #56).

• 3 weeks later...

On the bright side, Carp, that left more tasty snacks for you! 

And what do you mean not before 11.5 but probably after Christmas Break? 11.5 is actually coming on the 25th? You guys are cray-cray if so!

F yeah snacks! 11.5 will very, very likely be before xmas. But DE takes a holiday break. A few brave support souls will stay over the holidays and New Year to ensure people with problems still get help but everyone else will take a short but well deserved breather. Personally I amassed a few extra days off over the year and I will fly home for 2 weeks before xmas.

F yeah snacks! 11.5 will very, very likely be before xmas. But DE takes a holiday break. A few brave support souls will stay over the holidays and New Year to ensure people with problems still get help but everyone else will take a short but well deserved breather. Personally I amassed a few extra days off over the year and I will fly home for 2 weeks before xmas.

Let them all enjoy the Holidays  :(

That's great Carp! Do enjoy that breather.

I weep for these courageous soul that will come in for Christmas. True grit, right there. 

I could've sworn once I have seen the door at #12 open before, but it was an extremely rare occurrence when an enemy spawned in the room behind it and ran out. I walked in, and it was just a loot room. It may have been during the Corpus Void event, but it did happen. Maybe they removed it because of memory space?

I could've sworn once I have seen the door at #12 open before, but it was an extremely rare occurrence when an enemy spawned in the room behind it and ran out. I walked in, and it was just a loot room. It may have been during the Corpus Void event, but it did happen. Maybe they removed it because of memory space?

I can't remember, frankly. The thread is pretty dated, so AFAIK, some tiles could've changed a bit. I can't remember the last time I tried to reach this room.