Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #77!

[DE]Rebecca

1) Will there be any incentives provided to complete the void missions (increase credit rewards/ relic keys?) 

2) Will there be a dojo 2.0 as i feel that it'll be a great chance to bring them back (has been long since the rise of the warlords update) 

3) Is there an ability to increase the size of text for the solar map? currently as it stands, its still difficult to see the node despite the zoom in feature. 

4) How is the Braton and Lato vandal discussion? what will your decision be? :)) 

Question
Here's an idea, lets put an option in game where you control your liset and navigate thru our solar system to different planets(nodes) and also have the option to destroy enemy gunships with a variety of weapons, adding on that, different mini events would require you to deploy in archwing mode to manually destroy a block set by grineer or corpus

Dear Tenno council,

Many Tenno focus on health and armour as having 1k + of Health is more rewarding than having 1k+ of shields. Will there be a shields 2.0 were having high shields is just as, if not more rewarding than health and armour?

Anymore volt changes??? Many of us in the volt megathread feel that the "rework" did not live up to our expectations as something of Excalibur's or new mag's tier, we want a storm! 

Volt prime umbra? 

Volt deluxe skin? 

Are Warframes alive?

Are Kubrows and kavats within the same family? 

Beds,toys,sleeping and or cuddling kubrow? a park for kubrows and kavats? Do kavats and kubrows get along? 

Any news on the infested behind the door? 

Augment slot? 

There aren't many staff type weapons, how about a Sancti Tipdeo? I love staff weaponry and with the vaulting of the bo prime which will not return for a very long time, there needs to be more staffs to compensate for that and the current 4 (Excluding mk1 type) Additionally, please increase there range slightly to be on par with polearms 

That is all and thank you for your patronage 

Edited by Wolfnrun

Question:

I noticed that on a lot of frames, there are still parts that cant not be re-colored.

As a fashionframe player, this can be highly annoying when it comes to -theming- a frame.

if i want to go all deep smoke black, with some bright pink lines all over. Then I still end up with some light gray areas on the back I cant recolor.

Also on Ivara, it is impossible to get her legs black. Even the darkest black which make the other frames look like the night, turn to almost white on Ivara.

For all the fashionframe players out there, can this be looked at?

Q.1) It was my impression that a portion of the mission nodes will cycle in and out to provide the star chart with more life. Where is this feature?

Q.2) Which locations are you planning to add or rework before you're "leaving the solar system"?

Q.3) Have you thought about having underplayed nodes building up a bonus XP modifier that grows and depletes depending on how many players are playing the mission?

Q.4) Why can't Hyekka Masters break Tenno stealth? Was that ability deemed too technologically advanced for the Grineer?

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Hey folks, hope your going well. I have the same question I have been asking since December 2014.

Are there any plans to add additional config tabs for Warframe/ weapon upgrades/ appearances in a future update?

I would be fine with aquireing both free and paid slots in the form of Master rewards OR Plat.

Looking forward to the new cinematic quest, all the juicy lore!

These are essentially non-critical to the future development of the game and are just cool and nice things to have in the future

Will we get an update to the codex to allow the following things:

- Full floating view of weapons in the codex/store to allow players to look at them from any angle, and an option for players to preview them with skins applied.

- Allow players to view both the firing and reload animations and play them back at various speeds since warframe has hundreds of weapons and many of them with completely unique firing and reload animations.

- Create a diorama/photo mode where players can take pictures of their favorite frames and customizations in various lighting and environments.

- Potential lore rewards for collecting and reaching rank 30 with several weapons in the same family.

- Allow players play back and view combos from stances in the codex.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7
punctuation and grammar clean-up

By rough order of importance and/or current relevance - and my perception of the likelihood they'll be addressed:

We'll start with not so much a question as a polite reminder that I'd love to hear any thoughts on the current ideology behind Damage 3.0/Scaling 3.0/whatever-you-call-it.

And, a slightly less gentle prodding, not because I expect this to be addressed, but because it's important:
Could you please formulate, communicate and adhere to a unified vision of 'what Warframe is intended to be'?

tl;dr-

* Where is Warframe supposed to fall on the 'skill-based shooter <-> Horde mode ARPG' scale?
- Relatedly, where is it intended to fall on the 'skill <-> gear' scale? How easy/hard a fight is a player intended to have if they're severely over/under-modded?

* How static vs. dynamic is Warframe intended to be?
If primarily dynamic - and given the repeated statements (and a freaking anti-afk measure based solely on) that you don't want people sitting in a single spot for extended periods of time - what's the design logic behind low-range 'emanation'-type buffs? (such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Mirage's Total Eclipse Zephyr's Jet Stream and now Vauban's passive.)

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot') to get any benefit from them. Which is something of a mixed message.

-----

Alright, the questions:

1) Are Kavats intended to be strictly better than Kubrows? Because they very much seem to be (and the scan vs egg pricing seems to support that view.)

2) From a design point of view, what is the role of Augments (at this point)?
(Follow up at 23b.)

2b) In view of that, are Warframe Augments going to get a pass? Thinking specifically of Greedy Pull, but also e.g. Vexing Retaliation, all the 1->buff augments, all of Limbo's augments, Explosive Legerdemain, Well of Life/Pool of Life, and possibly others - but off the top of my head.

3) Can Stealth finisher animations/conditions get a pass? To make them more fluid, less vulnerability/visibility-inducing? Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and the vast majority have a lot of unnecessary frames that aren't needed.
Furthermore, having i-frames for them is great, but they root you in the open - leaving you visible and often getting you spotted.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

3b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee? Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

4) When considering any new Focus/Convergence changes, please keep Spy missions in mind? :'(
tl;dr - Convergence has killed Spy missions as a source of Focus.

5) Could we get a quick overview on your take of the 'state of the frames'? How satisfied you are with what was reworked, what (if anything) more needs to be done there, next 'brightest fires', etc.

6) Given Steve's thoughts on disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

6b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?

7) Given the recent reintroduction of the EMP aura - Are you happy with the current state of Auras in general? (3-rank auras, all the V auras being additive straight damage (both lacking in variety and growing less beneficial as your base damage mods improve), D auras being: Situational (Infested Impedance), useless (Physique) and alright (Rejuvenation), - auras having Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, the Radars and every other beneficial aura excepting Rejuvenation.)

8) Given that it's obvious that 'all weapon were not made equal', is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear? After all, Scott has said on at least a couple of previous Devstreams that he has some kind of tiering system when creating new weapons.

9) Scott: How's your "undercover boss" playthrough going? Is it done?
What are your take-aways from it?

10) Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?
10b) On that note: if 'yes', how do Nullifiers, Scrambus/Comba, Bursa's Null-grenades fit in with this vision?

11) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)

12) Have any changes been made to the announced next batch of weapon augments (these), based on the feedback given?

13) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?

14) Can syndicate procs please not activate while you have the stealth multiplier buff up? (Seems both an easier and simpler solution than putting them under player control, though I may be wrong.)

15) Snipers: Scope-sway is irritating and possibly inapproriate (do 'frames need to breathe, have a cardiovascular system?), but I can live with it. That said: Any word on removing hipfire accuracy malus from snipers? Please?
Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  removing it faster so quickscoping is possible?

16) I admit, I've not played Dark Sector, but the Glaive has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now. Any chance that the richochet mechanic will be looked at? I don't think I've ever seen a bounce hit something.

16b) On that note, do you consider thrown melee to be in a good place (what with bounces being, afaik, completely ineffectual - as above -, their attack-cycle length, the inherent 2-3 mod slot tax required to make them usable (Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind(, Entropy Flight), their not being affected by melee combo... and all of which are mod slots you can't use to increase their damage)?

16c) What about having Altfire while in melee-mode immediately throw your thrown melee? Since it doesn't do anything atm.
(Would also dovetail nicely with Reload or Altfire switching modes for the Split Sword, if that ever happens.)

17) You have tracking data on completed missions. Has there been any talk about unplayed or disliked (e.g. here) mission types?

18) How will 'Damage / Enemy Scaling 3.0' affect status weapons' underpreformance in DE Approved Content enemy-levels compared with crit (or even decent straight-damage) weapons?

18b) Will this finally redeem the Sure Shot et al. mods? (+% status, 15% at rank 5 - where the dualstats give 60% at rank 3)

19) Reticule customisation? Particularly in Archwing, the crosshairs dot can be very hard to see.
--- Credit where credit is due: The new Archwing scope is much less easily lost. Thank you for that.

20) Speaking of Archwing - What about removing aura-inheritence and just giving them an aura slot? Are there any particular cons?

21) Any plans to better integrate Archwing into your loadout selection? If nothing else, to make it clear at-a-glance which AW loadout (by loadout name is probably sufficient) is currently selected.

22) Options to disable/limit screen shake and auto-mantle?

23) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

23b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

24) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter. or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

25) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

-----
Addressed:

Steve shared his thoughts on disconnecting cosmetics from gameplay.

All passives now appear in the Arsenal.
Although clarity (read: stats) would stil be appreciated.

Limbo is next on the review list.

11b) Nullifers completely shut down Magnetize. However, take Magnetize add in a Miter (physical projectile with punchthrough) and the bubble burst augment...
Yay for hard-counter pileups, I guess.
-- Nullifiers now dispel any ability they interact with, making this irrelevant.

13) Nitain was nominally added to give players a reason to run credit-only alerts... Except that it A) didn't address credit-only alerts at all, what with not being a credit-only alert and with B) credit-only alerts still existing.
(Note that I'm not touching on the Nitain alert frequency - beyond saying that it's not as bad as I feared it might be, as that depends on an individual's free time.)

So, any followup?
-- Item alerts cycle through much faster, and many credit-only alerts now offer Rare cores (up from any rarity cores). That said, credit-only alerts do still exist.

-----

4 hours ago, Naith said:

Question: Any chance we could get for more tabs than just A/B/C for appearance and modding configs?

I'm going to assume here, given what was said on Devstream... 70? about adding a limited amount buyable loadout slots, due to server data limits.
If this is correct, could we get a quick list of cons about why not offload the config storages to client-side and have the server verify a loadout when you leave the Arsenal? (For instance. I'm not tech-savvy, so there's probably a more efficient solution.)

Edited by Chroia

with the game in it's current state I think this is the most important dev stream to me in a long time. As a veteran player i feel like i have nothing meaningful to do. And the things i used to do for fun are now also meaningless. RIP void Sab and Cap speed runs.

7 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Dear Tenno council,

Many Tenno focus on health and armour as having 1k + of Health is more rewarding than having 1k+ of shields. Will there be a shields 2.0 were having high shields is just as, if not more rewarding than health and armour?

Anymore volt changes???

Volt prime umbra?

Volt deluxe skin? 

Are Warframes alive?

Are Kubrows and kavats within the same family? 

Beds,toys,sleeping and or kiss kubrow? a park for kubrows and kavats? Do kavats and kubrows get along? 

Any news on the infested behind the door? 

Augment slot? 

There aren't many staff type weapons, how about a Sancti Tipdeo? I love staff weaponry and with the vaulting of the bo prime which will not return for a very long time, there needs to be more staffs to compensate for that and the current 4 (Excluding mk1 type) 

That is all and thank you for your patronage 

i've ask myself that as well "Are Warframes alive" i like to think they are :) 

Warframe  Mystical bond between man and machine

Edited by Alison2g

Is this where we post questions for devstreams? If so, I have a couple:

-We melee lovers have a plethora of stances to enjoy for multiple weapon types, but some stances are quite lacking in the amount of combos they could potentially have or they underperform, for example the sole Machete stance, Sundering Weave, has slow combos that feel clunky, and don't feel as visceral as I think a machete stance should feel. Same with Longswords, in that we have Crimson Dervish and Vengeful Revenant being strong stances with quite a decent amount of combos, but Iron Phoenix more or less has one combo, and it pales in comparison to Crimson Dervish. Has the dev team ever thought about going back and revisiting the old stances, giving them a few combos and maybe giving weapon types that are sorely lacking in stances (Looking at you, Machete category) extra stances?

-I love kubrows. In fact, my Sunika is quickly becoming my favoured companion to bring into missions, but there's no denying that Sentinels deal more damage and have more utility. In fact, the newly-added Kavats are quite powerful and are damn agile, able to walljump and wall attack on par with the best ninja out there... and all Kubrows have gotten recently is the ability to duck when you aim. Are they getting any new mods or tweaks to make them a bit more viable? Maybe being able to equip claws or fangs to improve their damage? Also, why is it that the most loyal creature known to man, the canine, has a Loyalty bar that slowly goes down and the most douchebaggy animal alive, the cat, never loses Loyalty?

Edited by ElvenScoundrel
Added another question.

Q: What's up with Prime Vaults?
Weren't relics created to fix the problem of overflowing drop tables, and the prime vault created to alleviate the issue TEMPORARILY?
Why does it still exist?
Why are you making it even harder for new players to obtain "Vaulted" items now that they will have to farm relics too?

Q: What's being done about fissures and traces? 
New fissure types, new places to farm traces (VOID!?), higher traces cap?

Q: Can we work for syndicates without wearing sigils? They sometimes don't really fit the warframe's looks.
Conclave has changed like that, and I believe it wouldn't be hard to create UI support for this for other syndicates (I tweeted you an UI mockup).

Q: What's going on with Lunaro?
Is there any changes coming? Even with a decent connection the hit detection is weird, people can still hog the ball without passing and honestly matches that end with one team farming the other 20-0 are not fun.

Q: What's going on with Archwing?
It's floaty, imprecise and 6DOF isn't properly supported with controls. Any tweaks to make it more in-line with on-foot's fast and precise gameplay?

Q: When is this coming?

Spoiler

8O5FTr6.gif

SotR invigorated my will to play Warframe, can't wait for TWW!

Edited by Shifted

Endless missions, though not the cup of tea for every player, it has been changed from a mandatory method of obtaining certain prime parts to now an almost pointless mission type, most of its rewards simply are not worth the effort. Will we be seeing changes to loot tables or a system to work with endless missions and fissures?

Also whats with the reduction in credit rewards? Those Baro mods are pricey ya' know. 

1. This may seem like a joke question but seeing how Feral Kavats and Kubrows roam in certain places, are you considering to make Desert Skates a possible Companion in the future? Perhaps making them more of a Stealth/Trap Companion than a Kavat or Kubrow's more dynamic playstyle.
  2. Are there any plans on making the Void have a purpose of some sort in terms of completion rate or interest (Aside from Argon Crystal). Perhaps adding a Boss (Neural Sentry anyone?) or making it a bit different from the other planets (or meteor).
  3. Will there be any options to lock the orientation in Archwing Movement (like not turning upside down or sideways) akin to the old one while retaining the free movement as before in the future?
  4. Can we look forward to more Art added to our Art Gallery aside from a contest being held? Perhaps add those arts that were featured in Prime Time.
  5. Will there be any incoming Decorations for our Orbiter (like Christmas Decorations that we still have and use).

Quick Question (QQ) --- Are there any plans for reworking Oberon next? Oberon is massively under-used because all of his abilities are better on different frames, Ex - Trin. for Renewal || Mag for Reckoning || Nekros for Smite || and I don't have an example for Hallowed Ground.

Edited by NightHawkS1