Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Above 100: Red Status?

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys! Just wanted to leave my concept on how status should work after the 100% mark has been crossed. It's simple, really. Make the status effect even more debilitating. For example:

Electricity: Enemies are stunned for double the duration and deals 75% of your weapon's base damage. 

Cold: Freezes enemies solid.

Heat: Can spread to nearby enemies roughly 2-3 meters away while away from the target while increasing the damage and duration (panic effect also spreads).

Toxin: Deals 75% of your weapons base damage for longer duration or deals 10% of the enemy's health (akin to Trinity's Energy Vampire).

Viral: Reduces health by 75% OR makes the 50% debuff permanent .

Gas: Gas cloud is 10 meters and lingers for five seconds.

Radiation: Enemy accuracy and or perception is severely hindered.

Corrosive: Degrades 50% of the armor.

Magnetic: Shield debuff lasts longer and/or Eximus Units' skills are nullified.

Blast: 10 meter explosion radius and/or possible ragdoll effect.

Impact: Knockdown instead of stagger.

Puncture: 60% damage reduction.

Slash: More damage and lasts longer (akin to Ash's Passive).

Comments and feedback are highly encouraged, be respectful and constructive :)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

1 hour ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Also i think that actually just enabling multiple procs on single hit makes more sense (especially since reaching 100% on a single damage type is currently impossible, because proc chances are split up across all damage types inflicted)...

This. I don't think it's a good idea to make it so going over 100% status chance gives you a clone of red crits instead of multi-proccing. I'd rather hit my targets with multiple procs at once than basically hitting them with a more powerful version of a proc while still having the same problem of status procs being chosen at random. Not to mention multi-proccing would basically fix any IPS status weapons since they'll be more consistent with proccing and they would be able to successfully rival elemental status weapons.

2 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

People have been proposing that status% over 100 gives a chance for additional proc rolls, but DE just isn't interested. At least we got confirmation in this thread, though.  

Which is weird since excluding the Omni-proc bug & Continuous Beam weapons...

The only way to currently get 2procs of one instance of damage is Melee stance combos where the hit has a guaranteed physical Proc plus the chance of Weapon Status Proc.(Or Embolist as Toxic Proc is guaranteed regardless of Elemental combo or Madurai Physical status Enhancements) 

Would have thought it would just make sense for consistency to just allow the chance of another status Proc appearing.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Which is weird since excluding the Omni-proc bug & Continuous Beam weapons...

The only way to currently get 2procs of one instance of damage is Melee stance combos where the hit has a guaranteed physical Proc plus the chance of Weapon Status Proc.(Or Embolist as Toxic Proc is guaranteed regardless of Elemental combo or Madurai Physical status Enhancements) 

Would have thought it would just make sense for consistency to just allow the chance of another status Proc appearing.

Yeah I think that Status chance should first of all be shown split across all damage types on equipscreen (as it would apply in mission) so you see the actual chance for each proc and the procs should be rolled independantly from each other with those chances, so you can have multiprocs but with little chance. That would immediatly remove the redstatus proble too, because nothing could reach 100%.

6 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Yeah I think that Status chance should first of all be shown split across all damage types on equipscreen (as it would apply in mission) so you see the actual chance for each proc and the procs should be rolled independantly from each other with those chances, so you can have multiprocs but with little chance. That would immediatly remove the redstatus proble too, because nothing could reach 100%.

They would still reach 100% with Weeping Wounds which would be fine if each individual Elemental/physical could be boosted to 100%.....high-combo count  to achieve Omni-proc  LOL

1 hour ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

They would still reach 100% with Weeping Wounds which would be fine if each individual Elemental/physical could be boosted to 100%.....high-combo count  to achieve Omni-proc  LOL

I forgot about that! this is amazing, 5 status proocs on each hit.... sweet mother of the universe... im drooling so much right now...

23 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Does that mean that eventually you guys will look over elemental effects that cross the 100% threshold?

I am pretty sure he meant that it's not something they ever seriously considered so far, so they have no future plans for it.

a 200%+status proc wouldnt = a red proc  but rather 2 procs at once 

also slash proc already scales off of crit chance 

so exploit the hell out of Lesion with weeping wound blood rush and a kavat giving you red crits 

@ Tennocon they did mention how they still don't have a working concept for what to do with status chance overcharge. So at least we know they're aware of it. A simple concept I thought of the other day which would be relatively easy to impliment that I think would work just fine is to have a red proc be an AoE proc. For procs that are already AoE, the radius would just be increased considerably. Simple and useful.