Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 12

[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, Tzolkat said:

I disagree. DE broke it for players not running maxed duration-efficiency builds via the insane energy cost/drain. It needs buffed.

It's not supposed to be an ult you can toggle forever...

Just now, Tzolkat said:

You need to not be rude. Flow is a band-aid. It does nothing for a gutted energy economy.

Valkyr isn't meant to use her 4 almost exclusively. You go in, pop it, get out. If you want something that lasts forever with pretty much the same effect as pre-patch Hysteria, try an Eternal Warcry heavy melee build and slap a Life Strike on that mofo. 

I would dare to say it works better than Hysteria and is more enjoyable

24 minutes ago, -domi- said:

Valkyr isn't meant to use her 4 almost exclusively. You go in, pop it, get out. If you want something that lasts forever with pretty much the same effect as pre-patch Hysteria, try an Eternal Warcry heavy melee build and slap a Life Strike on that mofo. 

Should be a duration based hability. Like before re re-work.

Feelings thing...

2 minutes ago, -domi- said:

What do you think I've been doing, running hysteria forever? Gods no, I can't mash E that many times without a carpal tunnel flare-up. You want to know how I use it? Essentially, to make quick work of an enemy with stubbornly high armor, heal myself, and heal my kavat. Occasionally I pop into it to revive a teammate, provided there's not a nully/disruptor swarm. My current point is that basically, the changes force many people to use Hysteria exclusively or not at all. And that's not a good thing.

The problem with your suggestion is that I don't like heavy melee. I have tried it, and I didn't think it was fun at all. I prefer polearms or fast dual-swords/daggers. I might make more of my eternal war build at some point, but that isn't the reason I posted here. This is about principle. As in, not sacrificing 3/4ths of Valkyr's kit to make hysteria worth triggering to.. you know.. kill things, noting the hardest hit users are those who don't have the luxury of maxing the ability. If you think this is about perma-invuln, you're mistaken.

This is about the fact that Hysteria is currently a dangerous, energy-hogging monster that can easily get you killed even faster, because just about everything these days seems to want to eat energy or nullify powers. Valkyr is the only one who can get self-killed by this interplay.

At this point I don't care about invuln. What I do care about is newbies being able to make use of her entire kit, and about her ult's mechanics being predictable and stable. I suggested all sorts of rebalances in the past that would have been better than what amounts to driving a truck through her kit, destroying what little synergies she had left. I could suggest another, leaving out invuln altogether. But would it even be received? Was balancing hysteria even the goal of those who cried nerf? Or was it just about widening the skill gap?

*sigh* Enough about this. Keep the hotfixes coming, DE. Things are looking better with each one. I look forward to watching the devstream tomorrow.

That's awesome! :

• Fixed players in the same mission not always given the same rewards at End of Mission, such as Spy, Derelict Vaults, choices in Void Fissure mission. 

It's making this game diffrent than other games like all mmo games where all players gets other items. I love this game for one loot for everyone.

Thanks for fix with this bug my friend is so sadly beceuse on void fissure - 3 players have been get vauban chasis from my friend upgrated relict but my friend get only item worth 1 platinum ...... he at now have break about 3 days on warframe. I think if he will hear about fix - he will come back here ( :

You post :

• Fixed invisible Sortie Season 8 rewards in the World State window.

When i play Warframe i should say :

Sorry not fixed : I still don't see rewards on sortie 8 table reward list .    - I still see rewards from last sortiie = (7 season).

May I suggest being able to see linear progression between planets when zoomed out all the way?

If this were a thing, I'd know if I'd completed that junction yet, right?

Also, I still want control of the roll direction in archwing (suggested double left/right to activate movement). Mouse does great for pitch and yaw, but I also want roll.

Additionally, others have requested an auto-pilot option in the menus which would lock out pitch and roll completely, thereby returning to the classic movement system should they desire such a thing.

Still want simple AI players in the conclave that fill space and allow a person to join conclave instantly. Replace the AI players as live ones join.

Edited by sir_deadlock

They fixed the random loot at the end of fissures?? OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!! TwT

That problem has been bugging every fissure group i go in. Sometimes we all get a chance at a rare item, but most of the time we look in confussion as someone proclaims they got the Nikana blade or something when others dont. which is sad as it made things feel unfair and caused envy.

So thank you for that fix! much appreciated!

2 hours ago, ERROR.4O4 said:

why does the trade chat freeze after a while of sending buy offers? i have to restart game then that aint cool.

This! One of the most annoying bugs :D I`ve lost so many potentionally good deals because of that. And the sad fact is...it has been here probably for years already! Fix: Always when you trade, hold your fingers on Alt and F4 buttons. Or try to press Esc, helps sometimes :p

4 hours ago, Tzolkat said:

-snip-

While you are not focusing on its invulnerability, that is the reason why they've hit Hysteria so hard; You could essentially solo anything for any period of time because, regardless of how downright AWFUL a player was at modding or weapon choice, Valkyr's 4 was the fastest route to easy mode. I hated trying to pub sorties and getting matched to 3 Valkyrs with Broken-Wars for a lvl 100 Lech Kril assassination, where they don't even know how to actually fight the damn guy, or having one downright piss-poor attitude Valkyr toggle Hysteria once for a survival and then acting superior when you get downed once after 60 minutes and they have to revive you.

DE wants the people who abuse Valkyr to be hit the hardest, because she was essentially a walking, talking exploit. It's like if Sakurai put directional air-dodging in Smash 4, and thinking "What could go wrong?" It's a clear and seriously abused feature that needed to be hit with a nerf bat eventually.

2 hours ago, -domi- said:

-snip-

Abusers of Valkyr's ult (e.g. the people who exploited maxed efficiency-duration builds) have, in reality, hardly been hit at all. They have the meta build DE balanced her around, so they get to use her the way the people who used her properly are no longer able to. That is the reason she needs to be changed again.

I'm one of the people hit hardest by this. I used all four abilities. I abused none of them. I did not deserve to have the frame I put the most effort into destroyed, so that smug little punks who think they're somehow 'elite' could feel better about themselves.

Note that I haven't asked for her to be reverted. I am well aware there were problems. However, what I won't do is tolerate someone telling me that this ... broken mess... is the solution to those problems. Because I know for a fact it bloody well is NOT.

Maybe Valkyr's ult ought to be on a timer instead, with drain back to what it was. Turn it into more of an emergency thing instead of an "easy mode" button you can rely on. People cheesing a constantly on invulnerability was what caused the nerf in the first place and it was definitely a needed one.

So, there is still a bug regarding syndicate missions:

The highest ranked syndicate missions (Genius, Partner, etc) give the least standing of all syndicate missions, with standing increasing with lower ranked missions. I'm seeing ~3000 standing for Genius [rank 5] Exterminate missions, and ~6000+ for Intelligent [rank 3] missions. I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised that this trend continues with Competent [rank 1] missions giving the ~9000 that Genius missions used to.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I haven't yet ruled this out as an unusual form of balancing syndicate offerings.

See below thread for an ongoing discussion about the issue:

Edited by Supernoobian
Added thread

1 hour ago, ayugamex said:

It can be quite entertaining...tho

Took a video of, taking Rhino into AW missions in it'S current state is not a good idea

http://plays.tv/s/Kt6PnMXe7lJI

Its a bug of camera, i had the same few times. Just die and revive, camera should be somewhat better.

I now have my FoV maxed, still its 'in your face' and hardly can see anything around me, combined with the random turning map, really aint fun to play AW.

11 hours ago, -domi- said:

While you are not focusing on its invulnerability, that is the reason why they've hit Hysteria so hard; You could essentially solo anything for any period of time because, regardless of how downright AWFUL a player was at modding or weapon choice, Valkyr's 4 was the fastest route to easy mode. I hated trying to pub sorties and getting matched to 3 Valkyrs with Broken-Wars for a lvl 100 Lech Kril assassination, where they don't even know how to actually fight the damn guy, or having one downright piss-poor attitude Valkyr toggle Hysteria once for a survival and then acting superior when you get downed once after 60 minutes and they have to revive you.

And where is that different then any other 'generic gameplay of any given warframe'? Being invulnerable compensates the lack of any decent aoe and having to go melee at all cost.

They cant do 235 range aoe's, they cant 'press 4 and win', mobs wont die magicly if you just stand there in hysteria.

With the energy nerf, you really dont the big boys rolling 100+ mobs, few primed, few maxed, formad and i still do what i do.

Saryn spores, banshee wubwub, get a good place and its more easy mode then valk ever been.