Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 12

[DE]Megan

I think the easiest way to fix Valkyr's ult is this:

Return the old energy cost, but reduce the lifesteal

Buff her overall damage, but either replace her slide attack or nerf each hitbox's damage to hell

Remove invulnerability. Replace it with damage reduction, capped to 95%, then drains SLOWLY over time. Give players a reason to use it, but punish them for abusing it. She is indeed a berserk frame, but a berserk skill should be a short burst, not the normal state she'll always be in. So, have it so the longer she stays in at any given time, the weaker she grows, or make it automatically turn off at a certain percentage with mild cooldown. 

Berserk does not equal godmode

Edited by -domi-

but wouldnt it be cool if it was grineer vs grineer for cases like maybe Kela is trying to get territory from Tyl Regor or something and show tension in the Grineer ranks?

you could differentiate the side pretty easily with all the color sets we have (standard, frontier, arid, nightwatch....and the water one)

On 7/20/2016 at 1:28 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 12

Fixes: 

• Fixed the Crossfire mission on Mars - Augustus being Grineer vs Grineer. 

Would be nice if the next hotfix cleaned up the Inventory.

Relics should not be in the Miscellaneous section of the inventory, and certainly not in the Foundry's Components list because they are not used to build stuff. They just clog up the list for no reason.

Also maybe finally remove the Nav Segments from our inventories or let us sell them.

Me and my squad just encountered an odd bug.  We were doing a lith fissure sabotage mission.  We opted for the fire route where you have to open a blast door and then proceed to extraction.  We could only access the rift after completing the extraction, so we all barely made it to extraction on time (the mission will fail if you don't extract on time).  However, while we were in the prime part selection screen, we failed the mission and got none of the rewards.  Additionally, afterward we were stuck in the mission with the mission results screen and a message saying "updating account information please wait".  We were only able to get out when the host restarted the game triggering a host migration.

Are we going to get a fix for the holstering styles of several weapons? Orthos Prime for example has only one available holster and it's pretty terrible at that. Poor Reaper Prime looks like it's floating next to my Syandana. Come on DE, we wanted holster styles, but at least try to do a basic run through of your weapons, shouldn't have taken more than an hour to find basic bugs like this!

DE you guys messed up man. these fissures cannot be the way to get prime parts, and archwing needs to go back to what it was. like i cant play this game the way it is, and its gonna ddiiieee the way its going..i got way too much free time during my free time now....gave a girl time to lock me into a relationship even (not -too- upset about this part :)  ), like....you messed up big time DE. fissures are not a good way to hunt primes. they would however, make excellent interruptions to missions (OH SHIII...!!! a tear just opened! close it before this gets outta hand!!11one).....just a thought

Dude some people don't /want/ the old void back, I was honestly pretty sick of it. Things continuing to change and get better are the lifeblood of this game already. A lot of things need work but demanding things revert to the time of having nothing but more keys, or fusion cores, or even orokin cells to show for long runs in the void isn't something I want. The new system is more goal oriented and rewards organization and teamwork, none of which I see as bad things. 

12 hours ago, Eldritchkitty said:

The new system is more goal oriented and rewards organization and teamwork, none of which I see as bad things. 

Warframe has no real goals. It's all grind. Or to put it more philosophically, it's about the journey, not the destination. And fissure are a very lame journey. They are ALWAYS the same and thus extremely repetitive. Which is made even worse by the fact that they provide no challenge whatsoever. In the old void it was at least possible to raise the difficulty by staying longer in missions. That option is gone now.

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Warframe has no real goals. It's all grind. Or to put it more philosophically, it's about the journey, not the destination. And fissure are a very lame journey. They are ALWAYS the same and thus extremely repetitive. Which is made even worse by the fact that they provide no challenge whatsoever. In the old void it was at least possible to raise the difficulty by staying longer in missions. That option is gone now.

No no the relics are what I was talking about, there's lots if new ways to work towards the goal of getting the gear you want instead of the brick wall of RNG the old void felt like. I agree that fissures right now are pretty meh but if you watched the devstream they're already going to implement a new system that better raises the challenge of whatever particular mission they're in.

Edit: and I'm going to have to disagree with you about the no goals thing, even in the old void you played with the goal of getting whatever prime parts you were trying for.

Edited by Eldritchkitty
adding to the point

1 hour ago, Eldritchkitty said:

No no the relics are what I was talking about, there's lots if new ways to work towards the goal of getting the gear you want instead of the brick wall of RNG the old void felt like. I agree that fissures right now are pretty meh but if you watched the devstream they're already going to implement a new system that better raises the challenge of whatever particular mission they're in.

There really are not 'lots of new ways to get the gear you want'. You farm fissures. I mean, what 'new' ways are there? Fissures moving isn't a new way, its a hassle for new players that have not unlocked more of the star chart. It is the same farming under a different name, only this farming can randomly be in an inaccessible location. So all the 'new' it adds is a layer of having to farm. Farming node unlocks to get rifts to farm void traces to farm refined relics to get a chance to edit the RNG of a drop a little. compared to farming nodes to get keys to farm the Void. Extra step, extra time, extra 'meh' to 'dullest mechanic I've had in a shooter' content. Which is a shame considering the rest of the game around it is still good.

To top it all off, it is still a brick wall of RNG, you can just edit the RNG a little on your own by wasting other relics to get void traces to refine. Which would be all well and good if it was any less of an RNG system than the old one. Now it's just an RNG system with a lot of steps and grinding to try and make you feel better about editing one RNG run. And if you still don't get what you want after using your refined RNG loot crate, you feel really bad. Because unlike a T3-4 endless, you only had the one shot before you get to start over. With the ability to cycle rewards from high tier keys, even not getting your lucky RNG roll did not really feel that bad since you got normally 4-8 other prime pieces. Here you get maybe 4ish from the wasted relics you used to get Void Traces and a fifth one that feels especially bad when it isn't what you wanted.

Occasionally the fact that you can pick someone else's reward when they get what you want is nice, I'll admit, but then your relic is still wasted; you could have had anything else equipped. Your refined relic yielded nothing of value to you, but was consumed when it could have been an untouched one. But you could not have known, it was all random chance.

New players feel the effects of the new system a lot harder. When they first start trying to get prime gear to help them unlock harder nodes (they have relics from other missions so why not do some Teir 1s) they have basically no way to refine their relics. They do not really have enough relics to waste getting Paris Prime parts, do not really get anything extra from doing the missions (credits/old Void materials), and do not get the feeling of being an epic space ninja that just broke into a magical alternate dimension tower filled with mind-controlled enemies to steal magical gear. They, instead, stood in a circle firing a gun at enemies that spawn in approximately the same place with no parkour challenges, secret rooms, or special traps.

Long story short, even if it does not feel like it to you, this new system is just as RNG as the old one. The parts of this system that make it feel less RNG would also have made keys feel less RNG. Shown drop rate, ability to alter drop rates on keys by doing other content (preferably not the way it was implemented now, doing the thing to refine the thing to do the thing again is actually less gameplay variation than was both advertised and probably intended). It would, further, not make the Void tileset basically useless; prevent 'dangerous opening into the void' from opening in the void; not have removed one of the best ways to actually get prime parts (endless missions); not have ruined a large section of players' inventory of keys by deleting sections of it; and not created an added layer of artificial difficulty for new players.

10 minutes ago, LWinter1 said:

There really are not 'lots of new ways to get the gear you want'. You farm fissures. I mean, what 'new' ways are there? Fissures moving isn't a new way, its a hassle for new players that have not unlocked more of the star chart. It is the same farming under a different name, only this farming can randomly be in an inaccessible location. So all the 'new' it adds is a layer of having to farm. Farming node unlocks to get rifts to farm void traces to farm refined relics to get a chance to edit the RNG of a drop a little. compared to farming nodes to get keys to farm the Void. Extra step, extra time, extra 'meh' to 'dullest mechanic I've had in a shooter' content. Which is a shame considering the rest of the game around it is still good.

To top it all off, it is still a brick wall of RNG, you can just edit the RNG a little on your own by wasting other relics to get void traces to refine. Which would be all well and good if it was any less of an RNG system than the old one. Now it's just an RNG system with a lot of steps and grinding to try and make you feel better about editing one RNG run. And if you still don't get what you want after using your refined RNG loot crate, you feel really bad. Because unlike a T3-4 endless, you only had the one shot before you get to start over. With the ability to cycle rewards from high tier keys, even not getting your lucky RNG roll did not really feel that bad since you got normally 4-8 other prime pieces. Here you get maybe 4ish from the wasted relics you used to get Void Traces and a fifth one that feels especially bad when it isn't what you wanted.

Occasionally the fact that you can pick someone else's reward when they get what you want is nice, I'll admit, but then your relic is still wasted; you could have had anything else equipped. Your refined relic yielded nothing of value to you, but was consumed when it could have been an untouched one. But you could not have known, it was all random chance.

New players feel the effects of the new system a lot harder. When they first start trying to get prime gear to help them unlock harder nodes (they have relics from other missions so why not do some Teir 1s) they have basically no way to refine their relics. They do not really have enough relics to waste getting Paris Prime parts, do not really get anything extra from doing the missions (credits/old Void materials), and do not get the feeling of being an epic space ninja that just broke into a magical alternate dimension tower filled with mind-controlled enemies to steal magical gear. They, instead, stood in a circle firing a gun at enemies that spawn in approximately the same place with no parkour challenges, secret rooms, or special traps.

Long story short, even if it does not feel like it to you, this new system is just as RNG as the old one. The parts of this system that make it feel less RNG would also have made keys feel less RNG. Shown drop rate, ability to alter drop rates on keys by doing other content (preferably not the way it was implemented now, doing the thing to refine the thing to do the thing again is actually less gameplay variation than was both advertised and probably intended). It would, further, not make the Void tileset basically useless; prevent 'dangerous opening into the void' from opening in the void; not have removed one of the best ways to actually get prime parts (endless missions); not have ruined a large section of players' inventory of keys by deleting sections of it; and not created an added layer of artificial difficulty for new players.

That's why they're changing fissures.. and you're discounting the fact that organizing a group with relics gives you 4 chances, if you actually look at the math the chances are much higher than you're making them out to be. I mean personally I /hated/ those endless void missions, it was way more monotonous than the current system. I don't really agree with any of your points.. they've already talked about making relics easier to get to help out new players, they're going to make farming for traces easier and give the ability to bank more of them. The void tileset also.. is not useless, it's just like any other region on the starmap now. In the future they could easily expand it, add an assassination node, they're free to make sprag/venkra tel, Lynx, and Vor even drop new warframes as they come out. You're talking about how it hurts new players.. but mention endless missions at the same time as the "best" but new players can't run endless very easily, it still has a lot of kinks to work out yes but in the long run I see it as objectively superior to the old void grind.