The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those Warframe portraits on the mini-map are great but...

Kutsus

The black/blue dot behind them is pretty bad, it makes it rather difficult to spot which frame its actually supposed to be because now everyone has a bit of blue showing, and some frames are actually supposed to have blue features as well, basically it's confusing for no good reason, get rid of the blue please.

I also think that the portraits should be ever so slightly bigger, like 5% bigger or something.

1 minute ago, Kutsus said:

The black/blue dot behind them is pretty bad, it makes it rather difficult to spot which frame its actually supposed to be because now everyone has a bit of blue showing, and some frames are actually supposed to have blue features as well, basically it's confusing for no good reason, get rid of the blue please.

I'd prefer if they were changed to an abstract icon (similar to ability icons) rather than a portrait because at that resolution, it's hard to make much out in general.

3 minutes ago, Kutsus said:

I also think that the portraits should be ever so slightly bigger, like 5% bigger or something.

5% of 20 pixels is 1 pixel.

I would have also loved it if it was an optional thing.

Like, having the specific Warframe map icons is cool and all, but I kinda want to be able to switch back to the old icons because personally I usually don't care what specific Warframes are roaming around, I just want to be able to see where my general teammates are without their icons blending into the background that's behind the map.

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

I'd prefer if they were changed to an abstract icon (similar to ability icons) rather than a portrait because at that resolution, it's hard to make much out in general.

5% of 20 pixels is 1 pixel.

An abstract icon to represent the frame rather than just a portrait would be ideal, actually. The silhouette of the frames is very distinct and unique to begin with, so it shouldn't be too hard for people to see what is what.

15 minutes ago, Kutsus said:

I think the whole minimap needs some reworking. Having the portraits and knowing what class your teammates are it's nice, but kinda annoying.

It would be simpler to just add the small number icons (like those shown with player details) to the mini-map and instead add the frame in use to the players info panel akin to <playerName>(frame).  The icons themselves look bad and are rather distracting, while will always be to low res to really give any decent visuals because they need to be small.

8 hours ago, Loswaith said:

It would be simpler to just add the small number icons (like those shown with player details) to the mini-map and instead add the frame in use to the players info panel akin to <playerName>(frame).  The icons themselves look bad and are rather distracting, while will always be to low res to really give any decent visuals because they need to be small.

That is actually a great idea, i agree, this would work alot better.

Okay, ideas, ember is heat damage icon, same with volt, frost, and saryn.

Atlas is some sort of rock, like a boulder stuck in the ground.

excal is crossed skanas or something, but it might be confusing if mesa is crossed guns.

zephyr is a tornado.

valkyr is slash marks?

ash is a shuriken for sure.

trinity could be a cross, unless there's ever another healer.

Ivara is a bow of course

that's all I got

Edited by Thural

On 7/21/2016 at 4:10 PM, Thural said:

excal is crossed skanas or something, but it might be confusing if mesa is crossed guns.

zephyr is a tornado.

valkyr is slash marks?

Ivara is a bow of course

that's all I got

Ember is fire
Mag is a magnet
Rhino is a shield
Frost is a snowflake
Nekros is a skull
Banshee is musical note or something idk
Loki ... I got nothing
Hydroid is a water droplet, or a tentacle cuz why not.

You guys get the idea.

16 hours ago, Thural said:

zephyr is a tornado.

valkyr is slash marks?

Ivara is a bow of course

that's all I got

2 hours ago, Issence said:

Ember is fire
Mag is a magnet
Rhino is a shield
Frost is a snowflake
Nekros is a skull
Banshee is musical note or something idk
Loki ... I got nothing
Hydroid is a water droplet, or a tentacle cuz why not.

You guys get the idea.

Nooooooo nooooooo, this is a horrible idea. Much more confusing.

I find the current icons bad as well, though, so I think it should be upgraded. But maybe a clearer silhouette of their helmet would suffice.