Player "Custom Display" Uploadable pics for ingame displays~ When?

not sure but i doubt DE would be willing to do that since it'd probably take up their server space quite a bit... if that config can be set up like our gear slots maybe it's possible. it'd serve a pretty good use when other tenno can enter each other's ships.

5 minutes ago, Nikkytae said:

not sure but i doubt DE would be willing to do that since it'd probably take up their server space quite a bit... if that config can be set up like our gear slots maybe it's possible. it'd serve a pretty good use when other tenno can enter each other's ships.

there's no need to upload anything, they could just save it locally, since you are the only person who can see the insides of your liset

They'd probably have to be moderated and/or need to be confirmed to stop people like me from filling their orbiters with fine art such as this, especially if they plan on allowing us to let other people in to them. That'd take a lot more effort than just allowing custom images, but they're not likely to do one without the other. Ever heard of Subnautica and the guy who made his own hentai room? DE probably has.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
1 minute ago, Ryouhi said:

there's no need to upload anything, they could just save it locally, since you are the only person who can see the insides of your liset

think they did mention something about allowing players to cross ships. how or when exactly will it happen, i dont know. @_@ 

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

They'd probably have to be moderated and/or need to be confirmed to stop people like me from filling their orbiters with fine art such as this, especially if they plan on allowing us to let other people in to them. That'd take a lot more effort than just allowing custom images, but they're not likely to do one without the other.

Well why should they care what you put in your liset. I doubt we'll get a feature like letting people onto your liset... simply because there nothing to do there? If you wanna hang out theres already dojos and relays.

Oh, I really want this. Just so I can prepare for the day when we can visit eachothers lisets, and I will have prepared an entire ship full of posters with the spanish inquisition. And d!ckbutt.

Edited by Misanthroplonker
8 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Copyrights (This includes just a random image from the web) and no nsfw imagery.

>>no nsfw

its cropped out of frame. waaay out of frame. im amazed you can call it NSFW in that state.

also, copyright infringement only occurs when a person claims it to be part of their work or uses the image to be exploited for monetary income without the approval of the creator or copyright owner.

8 minutes ago, Nikkytae said:

>>no nsfw

its cropped out of frame. waaay out of frame. im amazed you can call it NSFW in that state.

also, copyright infringement only occurs when a person claims it to be part of their work or uses the image to be exploited for monetary income without the approval of the creator or copyright owner.

I meant in general, No NSFW imagery including ones that DE looks to believe are inappropriate, even if it was cropped out. Clan emblems were still rejected like this.

Copyright infringement happens the moment you use someone elses work, not when they claim it to be theirs. DE sells the displays for plat, which can get them in a lot trouble if they allow images of that region to be used, which is basically stealing. Why do you think so many clan emblems get rejected? DE can reject it on the spot without being informed from the content creator or copyright owner.

EX: I saw a complaint once on why this persons clan emblem didn't go through, it was one of the characters from the Lucky Star anime, obviously rejected.

I'm pretty sure DE is going to stick to how they're doing it now to avoid the hassle.

Edited by KJRenz
44 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

It'll be really annoying if you wanted to play on two or more computers

1 minute ago, KJRenz said:

I meant in general, No NSFW imagery including ones that DE looks to believe are inappropriate, even if it was cropped out. Clan emblems were still rejected like this.

Copyright infringement happens the moment you use someone elses work, not when they claim it to be theirs. DE sells the displays for plat, which can get them in a lot trouble if they allow images of that region to be used, which is basically stealing. Why do you think so many clan emblems get rejected? DE can reject it on the spot without being informed from the content creator or copyright owner.

EX: I saw a complaint once on why this persons clan emblem didn't go through, it was one of the characters from the Lucky Star anime, obviously rejected.

hmm then wouldnt games like TF2 which allow custom sprays be sued? modding communities like L4D2 bringing actual game models would probably have been a bigger issue at that too. im not too sure about it. DE earns money from the unit that displays the image, and not the image itself, no? and in if such a process where DE does make money via fanart, then isn't that openly infringement of copyright? one of the few images Ninja has used is his own artwork which was listed in the actual available fanart section for other players to put it into as well.

im not sure about the emblem, but it's a server-hosted file for the emblem so i believe it might have some issues. but if the file is locally hosted, i dont think it might have been a problem for players though. 

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They'd probably have to be moderated and/or need to be confirmed to stop people like me from filling their orbiters with fine art such as this, especially if they plan on allowing us to let other people in to them. That'd take a lot more effort than just allowing custom images, but they're not likely to do one without the other. Ever heard of Subnautica and the guy who made his own hentai room? DE probably has.

"Fine Art"

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They could allow you to display images pulled from your local drive on there. In the event other players can enter our orbiters, they could be shown default images only on local image customized displays..

They just started censoring loadout slot names which nobody sees but you, that alone makes it clear that they're obviously not going to let people put non screened and reviewed images into the game, regardless of if if they're the only one who sees it.

Edited by rapt0rman