Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quantum Frame

Kinetos

A tech duality frame as a male counterpart to Equinox. He exists in 2 states, observed and unobserved
Which one depends on whether he is in line of sight of his enemies. 

Powers change based on current state, but don't dispel if state changes. The effect will just switch over. 
Visually, when observed, Quantum Frame looks normal, when unobserved looks semitransparent, similar to invisibility powers or holograms, but there is no detection debuff. Idle animations may flicker between states.

Cameras count for setting observed state. Invisibility powers like Smoke Shadow, Cloak Arrow, Arcane Trickery, Shadow Step will not force unobserved state, which is based on line of sight, not detection status. 

Passive: No-one Saw That, It Doesn't Count
Shots fired are refunded to the weapon's ammo reserves if no damageable object is hit. 
If bleeding out and Quantum Frame is not in line of sight for any enemies, automatic free revive. 

Quantum Sight 
Channeled self-buff 
    Unobserved 
        Allows Quantum Frame to see through walls like with a scanner or Kavat mod Sense Danger. 
    Observed
        Increases Quantum Frame's armor by X% per enemy in line of sight. 

Quantum Lock
Duration, small targeted AOE
Applies "Quantum Locked" to enemies. Quantum Locked enemies suffer different effects when Quantum Frame is Observed or Unobserved, and switch when Quantum Frame's state changes. 
    Unobserved 
        Immobilized, but can rotate, attack, and use abilities. 
    Observed
        Damage to a Quantum Locked enemy is applied to all Quantum Locked enemies. 

Quantum Echo
Duration targeted Enemy debuff, friendly buff, summoner 
Creates a Specter based on the target enemy or player. Specter fights for the Tenno. Specters are linked to the source entity. Enemies and their links are both targetable by Tenno. 
    Unobserved 
        Specters draw aggro. No life link. 
    Observed
        Enemies and their Specters share all incoming damage. 
        Tenno Specters take X% of the damage done to their source Tenno instead of the Tenno. 

Quantum Teleport
Instant teleport
Can't switch between effects after cast. State at time of cast decides behavior.
    Unobserved 
        Teleports Quantum Frame to targetted location. Location must also be Unobserved. Leaves a non-rendered entity at original location which Quantum Frame's aggro is transferred to, When an enemy sees it, it drops its aggro and the enemy deescalates alert status by one level, unless alarms are active in which case they are still alert but no longer know where you are. Range limited by power range.
    Observed
        Drops a beacon. After X seconds, Quantum Frame teleports back to the beacon. Manual activation before time out would immediately teleport back. Observed Teleport should explicitly break missile locks. If Quantum Frame runs beyond his power range while the beacon is spawned, it simply despawns and times out without teleporting.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

Quantum teleport.

The observed state drops a beacon...it should be an ability you choose to reactivate, but....and this was my thought for a time themed frame, so it does and does not fit here....we shall see. What if that beacon saved a small part of the tile set...and everything that was going on around you, your health, bullets flying, eximus attacks...and then you could decide when to revert back. It would not save enemies, but create temporary (very temporary) still images of them that would just draw aggro.

Example: you drop beacon. You run around fighting. Crap hits the fan. You can revert back to the last known position with all health, ammo, and energy you had at that point. Your warframe will have a memory of everything going on around you, and thus enemy projectiles respawned no longer effect you but the enemies around you when you appear (as not every player can be asked to remember if there was a rocket flying towards them 5 minutes ago when they dropped this beacon).

How's that?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

The observed state as it is in the description just doesn't feel like an ultimate, so I projected my ideas into your dream...

They aren't necessarily in order from 1-4, but the order I thought of them. I'm not sure of the order.

I think Observed Teleport should time out fairly quickly, probably don't want to teleport 5 tiles backwards. Manual activation before time out would be fine with me. Oh, and it should explicitly break missile locks. Forgot that.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Example: you drop beacon. You run around fighting. Crap hits the fan. You can revert back to the last known position with all health, ammo, and energy you had at that point. Your warframe will have a memory of everything going on around you, and thus enemy projectiles respawned no longer effect you but the enemies around you when you appear (as not every player can be asked to remember if there was a rocket flying towards them 5 minutes ago when they dropped this beacon).

Tracer called, she wants her power back.

11 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

They aren't necessarily in order from 1-4, but the order I thought of them. I'm not sure of the order.

I think Observed Teleport should time out fairly quickly, probably don't want to teleport 5 tiles backwards. Manual activation before time out would be fine with me. Oh, and it should explicitly break missile locks. Forgot that.

The hilarity of a missile following you from 5 tiles over on a level 100 map. You just reminded me about the ogris post I was going to create. I just need to get the weapon again

13 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I haven't played overwatch:( I didn't know, tracer can do all of what I just said? 

One of her powers is Recall. To quote its description: Tracer bounds backward in time, returning her health, ammo and position on the map to precisely where they were a few seconds before.

3 hours ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

why not just name him Schrodinger and be done with it.

That's not a bad idea. Trying to think of alternative names in relation to quantum is actually rather hard, even with google. Best I can think of is Quark or Baryon.

Hadron? (in relation to the Hadron collider that has helped us understand quantum and other sub-atomic physics, correct me if I'm wrong.)

46 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

If it makes you feel better, Overwatch was made to compete with TF2 and stays true to a ripoff. Don't feel guilt in ripping off a ripoff.

But that's like eating recycled margarine....(that's a real thing).

Thanks for letting me know.

(Nope, wrong thing)

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Wrong thing typed