The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's magnetize is so annoying!

AndIWin

This skill is good, but it's only good for the one who is using it. When i bring my penta into a game and have a meet with someone using mag, i keep explosing myself in her magnetize, especially when she has a big magnetize bubble built, it really annoys me and other people, it pulls my antimatter orbs (nova skill) all the time, it pulls all of my skill's projectiles and weapon's, this is so terrible :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, AndIWin said:

This skill is good, but it's only good for the one who is using it. When i bring my penta into a game and have a meet with someone using mag, i keep explosing myself in her magnetize, especially when she has a big magnetize bubble built, it really annoys me and other people, it pulls my antimatter orbs (nova skill) all the time, it pulls all of my skill's projectiles and weapon's, this is so terrible :facepalm:

Only for the one using it? By that I assume you mean you are literally everyone else in this game?

Otherwise, thank ye goDEs for mag, many a level has been made easier with that original beauty!

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Only for the one using it? By that I assume you mean you are literally everyone else in this game?

Otherwise, thank ye goDEs for mag, many a level has been made easier with that original beauty!

Yeah, cus everyone can get mag, so anyone using mag may cause annoying to other people in squad with the magnetize, especially when they use it to troll the team

It is annoying and has high troublemaking potential. for sure. Someone will build their mag for duration, and accidentally or purposefully drop a magnetize somewhere you need to be shooting, and you have no choice but to wait for 25 seconds before the thing will actually do damage.

Just now, Endorphinz said:

It is annoying and has high troublemaking potential. for sure. Someone will build their mag for duration, and accidentally or purposefully drop a magnetize somewhere you need to be shooting, and you have no choice but to wait for 25 seconds before the thing will actually do damage.

Ah see, I dont play with randoms much so I dont have griefing problems.

Also I dont understand what you mean by " wait for 25 seconds before the thing will actually do damage "

It does damage right away and for the entire duration of magnetize. I assumed you meant you cant shoot PAST it?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Ah see, I dont play with randoms much so I dont have griefing problems.

Also I dont understand what you mean by " wait for 25 seconds before the thing will actually do damage "

It does damage right away and for the entire duration of magnetize. I assumed you meant you cant shoot PAST it?

I mean, I thought it only did damage after the duration of the ability, in like an explosion, kinda like Nyx's absorb ability.

1 hour ago, AndIWin said:

I'm confused. Your problem is that you kill yourself with your penta when you try to shoot in a magnetize field? How is that the Mag failure?

Also Penta + anti matter drop? How is that supposed to work?

5 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

it is annoying imo. it should explode once the target in the center dies. you'll cast it more often (since it has a cap) and your teammates won't complain about them that much

Yeah, maybe, but then it would be useless.

4 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

I mean, I thought it only did damage after the duration of the ability, in like an explosion, kinda like Nyx's absorb ability.

Nay, it basically causes whatever you fire into it to act like a tumble drier... except full of bullets and enemies :D

The problem youre having with the penta is that you dont get proper use out of the magnetize as the projectiles dont do much damage just by hitting enemies unlike normal bullets. Its still kinda useful to guarantee a hit, just blow those badboys early ;)

2 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

I'm confused. Your problem is that you kill yourself with your penta when you try to shoot in a magnetize field? How is that the Mag failure?

Also Penta + anti matter drop? How is that supposed to work?

i'm not talking anything about penta+antimatter here, i'm talking how annoying it is when i use projectile weapons

Yeah, I tend to run her solo because of how annoying she is with it. The only solution I have is to run some -duration with my build. Long enough to kill a high priority target/nuke it making it not as annoying for others in my squads, but the randoms I run into that use her tend to run with high duration and sometimes added range.

She's in a great spot now due to her power, but it sucks the fun out of everything with a poorly timed Magnetize.

2 hours ago, SurrealEdge said:

Yeah, I tend to run her solo because of how annoying she is with it. The only solution I have is to run some -duration with my build. Long enough to kill a high priority target/nuke it making it not as annoying for others in my squads, but the randoms I run into that use her tend to run with high duration and sometimes added range.

She's in a great spot now due to her power, but it sucks the fun out of everything with a poorly timed Magnetize.

i think they should let other team mates shoot through the bubbles, not let it pull their projectiles, but then they will face another problem, the enemies projectiles can pass through the bubbles, too ( i think you know why). So if DE tend to fix this, they might have to rework this skill again

Edited by AndIWin