Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #77!

[DE]Rebecca

This was an awesome stream, especially with some of those Tennogen skins (scarf hype!) and Titania's fourth looking awesome and not causing motion sickness! Also love the upcoming void fissure changes as well.

A suggestion for the future: might it be possible to give the Corrupted some sort of redesign to help them make more unique along with any enemies that get Corrupted by fissures? The corrupted aura that radiates from them has been around for a long time; might as well change it up a bit. Maybe have them be accompained by ancient Orokin robots of the sorts to help them stand out as well?

Also, will reactants drop at a frequent rate? I ask since my main concern is that once missions that are not long term like Exterminate and Capture missions end, it may take a very long time to close fissures if it's one reactant every now and then; which may become frustrating if it becomes time consuming to open 1 relic per fissure. 

Edited by YellowVolt

I'm having a bit of a dillema.

See, I've put over 2500 hours into this game, and a few hundred dollars as well, and the changes with void keys into relics, and the revelation of what you guys want to do with the relics... has completely made me lose faith that you guys are making the right decision with the development of the game.

I have spent hundreds of hours, farming thousands of keys, making sure I was prepared for future prime releases. Planning ahead, you know? Making sure I didnt have to re-grind for keys unless RNG was really having the hate on me.

Relics not updating, and instead keeping old drops in them, now makes it seem like DE actually has the hate on for people who planned ahead. I don't like that feeling, and I don't really know what else to say about it.

Feels like being punished for planning ahead. That just sucks. Please reconsider, and don't punish people who planned ahead.

Thanks for the awesome stream

Something that didn't get answered though and I saw a lot being asked in chat: 

Could you please let us see what relics our team has equipped? (along with if they're radiant, flawless, etc.)

Edited by Luneth

13 minutes ago, Tymerc said:

Changing Desecrate so that it can be toggled does nothing to counter how people only ever want a Nekros for his extra loot potential and none of his other Abilities.

True, and I agree absolutely... but in the short term, it makes it possible to build for his other abilities (encouraged even, now that Duration matters) and contribute more to the team than just 3-spam and the occasional Terrify. Nobody will complain that "you're not Desecrating enough" under the new system, you won't suffer a complete lockout from shooting, and you can actually build your pool of Shadows in a reasonable time, all of which add up to at least a step in the right direction.

His minions still can't use any of the pickups, his kit still focuses on scattering enemies which makes the radial grouping questionable, it still has no particular synergy with his kit beyond "everyone needs energy", you'll still be asked to go out of your way to maintain it and we still have no confirmation whether it's based on RNG, but it's a step forward from what it was.

Edited by Archwizard

4 minutes ago, Tymerc said:

Changing Desecrate so that it can be toggled does nothing to counter how people only ever want a Nekros for his extra loot potential and none of his other Abilities.

Well no, it allows Nekros to actually do something else while Desecrating.

This was not apparent in the dev stream so I'll ask about it here.
The new void fisures system looks heaps better. However it still has the same issue; it's not endless. The void fissures are 500 cryotic/15waves/10minute survivals and then everyone extracts. I would like the same void fissure mechanic in an endless mission that I can just stay for 40mins or more, having a blast fighting off enemies that are progressivly getting harder. Not 4 x 10minute chunks for each I have to find a new squad (as the randoms have gotten their loot and left) and each time resetting the enemy level back to starting points. A mode like this would be a good idea simply to allow players to farm void traces. Assuming there is not some sort of per-mission cap on void traces.

Unfortunaly its still 'alert' based and really depends on an enjoyable game mode and dificulty being active. I understand that the number of concurrent fissure missions will be increased? It's kind of trying to solve a problem it has created; 25 Tower missions compressed into upto (I've not seen more than 6 at once) 12 alerts on rotation. I think in addition to the fissure alerts it would be great if people could choose any mission on the star chart and choose to turn it into a fissure mission. Fissure alerts for public matchmaking, choose a mission for organised runs.

Also, what happens in Void missions when a void fissure occurs? The corrupted become more corrupted? Can void fissure occur in the Derelict?

I didn't quite understand how the relic interacted with the void fissure. The idea of sealing it is no longer a thing as it will continually corrupt enemies and spawn more fissures for the duration of the mission? So at the end of the mission we extract and leave that node's inhabitants to be consumed by a never ending stream of corruption?

Nekros tweak look great, assuming it benefits from high duration means that it can be easily modded wiith Nekros's other abilities. However, it in some ways is bordering on a passive. Maybe Despoil could be moved onto Soul Punch instead and make way for a new ability.
Edit: If Nekros can only desecrate bodies at a particular rate (x per second) then the change might really suck if the rate isn't high enough.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but at MR22, endless is what I play. Taking all that wonderful gear and seeing what it's capable of. Would be nice if the reason to play endless wasn't just for relics, relics which I don't want to use because they aren't for endless missions. This will likely be a wait and see, perhaps relic farming will become so important that it will make it easy to find squads for endless missions outside of the fissures.

Edited by SoulOfTheHunter

11 minutes ago, SoulOfTheHunter said:

I didn't quite understand how the relic interacted with the void fissure. The idea of sealing it is no longer a thing as it will continually corrupt enemies and spawn more fissures for the duration of the mission? So at the end of the mission we extract and leave that node's inhabitants to be consumed by a never ending stream of corrupted enemies?

As I understand, I think that you have to be picking up reactant (seems the drop is now kinda rare, in order for the fissure to be able to go on during the whole mission) and when you get enough (limit in stream was 10, I think) the fissure(s) are closed and Neural Sentry activity ceases.

So I think you don't have to worry about feeling guilty over leaving planets succumb to Corruption.

...Unless you leave mid-mission? XD

16 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

As I understand, I think that you have to be picking up reactant (seems the drop is now kinda rare, in order for the fissure to be able to go on during the whole mission) and when you get enough (limit in stream was 10, I think) the fissure(s) are closed and Neural Sentry activity ceases.

So I think you don't have to worry about feeling guilty over leaving planets succumb to Corruption.

...Unless you leave mid-mission? XD

In the stream (about 53mins in), even after 10/10 reactants were collected they were still being corrupted and fissures kept appearing. Actually at 55mins in Sheldon says that they dont close the tears.

Edited by SoulOfTheHunter

7 minutes ago, SoulOfTheHunter said:

In the stream (about 53mins in), even after 10/10 reactants were collected they were still being corrupted and fissures kept appearing. Actually at 55mins in Sheldon says that they dont close the tears.

yep they stay on