Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Codex Art Contest 3.0

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Emecay said:

They included their process in their post. http://imgur.com/a/01aDT Pretty standard process of any artist. [Process was added in after your post]

Obviously there's a lot of use of custom brushes and filters, but that doesn't make it what you say it is. All the things that you've called out regarding the artist is all just stylistic choice - it's not the artist making a mistake, it's them deciding what they wanted to convey and show in their piece.

 

So.. yeah. Please don't pick apart artists. Just because you think you can deconstruct an image to disprove it doesn't mean that you can, and the way you went about doing it could be seen as extremely offensive to the artist.

Sorry then

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this my sub, good luck to everyone and sorry for the poor quality. I'm not good with computer stuff so I drew this ....not so creative picture of Excalibur Proto and a Hayden Tenno based Operator. 

Spoiler

fl8oi3j.jpg

Edited by (XB1)BLOOD RAIN 2137
wrong image (has wrong gamer tag posted)
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/7/2016 at 1:32 AM, RoboticRevolution999 said:

qG8Llqy.png

 

Why there is Jeremiah from Dark Souls with Mag, Ember and Loki.

Explain plz :v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but all the screenshots entries plastered with artsy Photoshop filters just make me cringe. I hope DE only picks motifs that are actually drawn/painted by hand.

Edited by Larsurus
  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenno_by_ariesimpulsive-dabmxhp.png

Decided to do something with the synergy regarding tenno/frame vs. companion. Drawing frames is not my forte, I've learned, but it was fun.

This image has been reposted to my Deviantart

  • Upvote 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sondger said:

To live apart is death, and to live as one is life. The operator hides behind the Warframe, and the Warframe protects and follows the operator. Together there is harmony, peace, strength, and synergy. Together there is Tenno. 

NjJQDwA.png

That is actually my operator I took all photos in game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larsurus said:

I'm sorry, but all the screenshots entries plastered with artsy Photoshop filters just make me cringe. I hope DE only picks motifs that are actually drawn/painted by hand.

I did not know that any screenshots were even allowed... by how they explain an entry no mention of screenshot use...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.07.2016 at 5:55 AM, ZeroResponse said:

Some cool stuff already.
Here's my entry, hope you'll enjoy ;)
 

EDIT:
I had a bit more time to work on this piece. Some cosmetic adjustments, nothing too fancy :)
fhIBbDa.jpg

 

I had some more time to work on this piece. My original post was edited already. Hopefully that's fine.

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xik4 said:

I did not know that any screenshots were even allowed... by how they explain an entry no mention of screenshot use...

From my PM:

On 23.07.2016 at 6:47 PM, Letter13 said:

For the first question, using screenshots is ill advised unless it's a screenshot of a specially composed 3D rendering (such as one created in Source Filmmaker or another 3D manipulation program). This is a good example of a screenshot that would be allowed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this is my first time doing this, well, here's my entry.

Spoiler

O3KXhet.jpg

This is the first idea that popped into my head with a synergy theme, and I just went with it.

Anyway, Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (XB1)Agyrfez said:

Hi, this is my first time doing this, well, here's my entry.

O3KXhet

This is the first idea that popped into my head with a synergy theme, and I just went with it.

Anyway, Good luck!

No any image

9 hours ago, Larsurus said:

I'm sorry, but all the screenshots entries plastered with artsy Photoshop filters just make me cringe. I hope DE only picks motifs that are actually drawn/painted by hand.

I don't think DE would pick a mix of what they have already created by themselves. No point in this.

Edited by Vol4ica_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be able to participate in this contest, but I appreciate being here in spirit. Nice promo image >:D

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums but I saw the contest and had to participate.
I wanted to try and make something that symbolizes the connection between both operator, warframe and companions.
And how all the assets of the team have to be in sync with eachother to succeed. 

...I also really like cats so I wanted to include Valkyr with a Kavat in sort of the same colours. (mmm matchy matchy)

xHaD5bK.jpg

Edited by Endogeny
my drawing wasn't showing
  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo! This one's done by hand, painted with copic markers...the background is a bit meh, but I think it's quite fitting (I found that Chroma as a knight has a bit of a cosmetic synergy with galatine so I went with it), I hope you guys find this any interesting, and even if it doesn't win I'd be more than happy to know what you think :) 
Z27yEsX.jpg

  • Upvote 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_ob07uwFp7x1r00cugo1_1280.png

 

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

Just in case it's not obvious, my watermark is on the top left, following the circle.

Edited by LupusDraconis
  • Upvote 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LupusDraconis said:

tumblr_ob07uwFp7x1r00cugo1_1280.png

 

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

Very nice !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CapitanRazors said:

Yo! This one's done by hand, painted with copic markers...the background is a bit meh, but I think it's quite fitting (I found that Chroma as a knight has a bit of a cosmetic synergy with galatine so I went with it), I hope you guys find this any interesting, and even if it doesn't win I'd be more than happy to know what you think :) 
Z27yEsX.jpg

Haha man, this is perfect, the life supports capsules killed me :D

6 hours ago, LupusDraconis said:

tumblr_ob07uwFp7x1r00cugo1_1280.png

 

For me, the concept was best represented by the idea of the synergy between Tenno and the Warframes, and the companionship and teamwork of other Tenno through missions within the solar system. 

I love the hints of spirituality within the game, particularly East Asian and Buddhism influences. When I thought of silhouettes of different frames haloed like auras around a central Tenno figure, the rest fell into place.

The original concept had more of a tarot feel, with Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels in the corners, but as much as I love them, I feel that would have made the composition too cluttered.

I had way too much fun sorting different frames into different chakra meanings...

This is awesome, i want that in my Orbiter :o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hikaru-san said:

Haha man, this is perfect, the life supports capsules killed me :D

This is awesome, i want that in my Orbiter :o

Indeed it is great, and very creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...