Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, Vortenix said:

We can use any programs we want ?

I don't see why not, if you want to go all out and use programs for things such as 3d modelling, texturing, animating just to render a single image then sure why not - if you want to use Photoshop then yeah I don't see it being an issue.

Can we use in game resources like screenshots of the models ?

They did mention it being your own work, but you can use screenshots as references to your work. At the end of the day when they're deciding on the winners they will more likely choose original work instead of screenshots of 3d models within the game.

Can we use resources and stuff we find on the internet ?

" Must be your original work -- please don’t use other people’s images." - you can still however use people's images for reference but of course don't copy them.

2 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

I don't see why not, if you want to go all out and use programs for things such as 3d modelling, texturing, animating just to render a single image then sure why not - if you want to use Photoshop then yeah I don't see it being an issue.

They did mention it being your own work, but you can use screenshots as references to your work. At the end of the day when they're deciding on the winners they will more likely choose original work instead of screenshots of 3d models within the game.

" Must be your original work -- please don’t use other people’s images." - you can still however use people's images for reference but of course don't copy them.

Okey, thank you very much for the respond :) I have some 3d modeling programs and I wasn't sure if I can use them. At first I thought the artwork must be on paper lol xD

Thx again and good luck :)

- EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE! yeah! -
    (Im using translator e.e)

I tried to appreciate the synergy in the union of fire and ice elements. doing together explosive damage .

Also I wanted to use the lights around to reflect the union of energy.

http://sukendo.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Codex-Art-Contest-3-0-Entry-V2-624075991

warframe___codex_art_contest_3_0_entry__

I prepared a gif with the process too  :)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by -Su-Kendo
Edited for Bad traduction on the description (Sorry for that) and i added a "Spoiler Tab" on the gif e.e

18 minutes ago, Nightwing_Kain said:

Ok...I'm in :D

but how can I post my entry here?

Upload the image to imgur and copy your image link (not post link) here. Post link: imgur.com/blablabla; image link: imgur.com/blablabla.jpg (they end with image extensions).

Reminder to all participants: You MUST use your own artwork. Using others' art, art you found "on google" or pieces/segments of others' arts or images is NOT ALLOWED. Using others' art will get your entry removed, and repeatedly using others' art may disqualify you from the contest entirely.