Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Number of Mod Slots/Capacity Needs a Rework

PhoeniixFiire

9 hours ago, Mr._Clean said:

The only thing I really think needs to be added is a dedicated augment slot. I've been saying this for months now and we have more augments than ever before!

Just this. A dedicated augment slot would be enough. We can already make builds for certain specific stats with corrupted mods. We don't need new slot because as has been said the problem would be the.same people would use it for power,duration,range or efficiency, not the augments.

Moreover we have a lot of augment mods why not use them without sacrificing an entire build.

A new type of black potato (or Orokin Capacitor, since we have reactor and catalyst) should be a thing. It will enable 1 additional mod slot and up to a max of 2 can be installed on all frames (giving frames there 10 slots back, like it used to be) or maybe only primes (to make it that much more annoying and difficult). This potato would be the most expensive modifier in-game (double the cost of an exilus adapter).

Additionally, if augment mods (since they actually only augment the frames powers, not the frame itself, like power Strength and the like) were given unique, un-lockable slots actually located next to the ability descriptions and specs in the Abilities Pane, this would solve a lot of issues that people have with modding. How the the slots are unlocked, can be up to DE and they can make it enormously difficult and/or expensive and I don't think anyone would care.... cause it would really give you something to strive for and work towards (but would be more oriented for vets as it would be a serious undertaking that newbs would just not be equipped for yet). It could be tied to mastery rank, quests, crafting or all of the above.

I mean, since this is Grindframe, why not make it count for something that's worth it?

That's just one idea, though.

P.S. But in truth, I think a sort of smaller skill tree system, similar to ESO (Morphs) and the Witcher 3 (Mutations) could solve many other game issues, not just modding.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

12 hours ago, pavlo555 said:

Okay, so from the first and this paragraph. you're saying that status should allow us to OS all the enemies just as all these mechanics do? Because DE balances around having you NOT to do so in "scope of balanced gameplay" regardless of what you use - crits of some things.

No, I'm saying that you shouldn't confuse a functional system for a good one. It should also say something as to the accuracy of my quip about elemental damage being more valuable for damage than status that it's only when exponential enemy scaling starts to catch up that the actual auxiliary effects start to make a noticeable difference. 

I'm also rather disinclined to look favorably on the critical system, but for the time being I'd be satisfied with an element system that caters more to playstyle and aesthetic than color-coding for enemy factions. 

Ideally, DE balances things so that OHKOs aren't so prevalent - or necessary - and we get to see some more varied enemies that do a little bit more than launch an unending stream of homing explosives or spam knockdown shockwaves every half second to offer up a challenge. Ideally, each mod should offer something to the player in the form of a useful option worth considering when deciding how to go about bringing about the enemy's demise. Ideally, major weaknesses and resistances should not be faction-wide, and bringing along a specific kit should factor more into the method you use to attack something rather than the arbitrary effectiveness of said attack. At least, that's what I'd expect out of customization.

Tell me...

At what point does a corrosive proc make a significant difference in how quickly a Grineer heavy goes down?

At what point does an enemy survive long enough for a radiation proc to run its course as you shoot it?

At what point does an enemy have enough shields for a magnetic proc to make a difference?

At what point do you need an electric proc to provide you with a reprieve from enemy fire?

13 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Tell me...

At what point does a corrosive proc make a significant difference in how quickly a Grineer heavy goes down?

At what point does an enemy survive long enough for a radiation proc to run its course as you shoot it?

At what point does an enemy have enough shields for a magnetic proc to make a difference?

At what point do you need an electric proc to provide you with a reprieve from enemy fire?

1. On Sorties, Corrosive actually really matters when noone brought in any Corrosive projections. Also, raids and kela

2. It's viable against ancients since their aura will no longer work, helping all your team to slaugher rest of the "scary" infested

3. Sorties - Enhanced Shields... And mag nerf >:(

4. Always? Stop playing those tank frames and you'll know how useful volt's 1 is or how good is Gas lanka for banshee.

13 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Ideally, DE balances things so that OHKOs aren't so prevalent - or necessary - and we get to see some more varied enemies that do a little bit more than launch an unending stream of homing explosives or spam knockdown shockwaves every half second to offer up a challenge.

Uhm... No? On Arena, you can't OHKO unless it's Harkonar. And I really wish there were higher level arenas, So those with stacking sniper multiplier to 2x will have to shoot more than 5 times at the enemy.

6 hours ago, pavlo555 said:

1. On Sorties, Corrosive actually really matters when noone brought in any Corrosive projections. Also, raids and kela

2. It's viable against ancients since their aura will no longer work, helping all your team to slaugher rest of the "scary" infested

3. Sorties - Enhanced Shields... And mag nerf >:(

4. Always? Stop playing those tank frames and you'll know how useful volt's 1 is or how good is Gas lanka for banshee.

1. High level end game enemies. Surprise.

2. Typically easier to just kill the ancient. Then its aura stops working permanently. Until you get to high-level stuff.

3. Wow, more end-game stuff.

4. Good job making assumptions about which frames I use... don't actually remember the last time I touched Rhino or Valkyr. Point being you don't actually need it most of the time, because taking gunfire isn't a huge concern outside of high level stuff.

Notice a trend here?

Before all that lovely scaling kicks in and enemies can weather more than a second or two of sustained fire... what do you think elements are more valuable for? Auxiliary effects that rarely have time to come into play? Or damage...? Hmmmm. Be my guest and continue grasping at straws with the Arena, though. 

On 24.07.2016 at 3:38 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I can fit 1 or 2 augments on all of my frames. The sacrifice isn't really all that much.  

You don't NEED vitality AND redirection.

You don't need 75% efficiency AND flow.

Really? I need both efficiency and flow on many of my frames!

Not all of them but many. Vitality+bioenergy+sometimes redirection would fit great on Saryn for example as doing melee fight on her is meant by her abilities.

Efficiency and flow is the way to go when you don't have trin around, but need to use skills a lot.

5 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Really? I need both efficiency and flow on many of my frames!

Not all of them but many. Vitality+bioenergy+sometimes redirection would fit great on Saryn for example as doing melee fight on her is meant by her abilities.

Efficiency and flow is the way to go when you don't have trin around, but need to use skills a lot.

I said max efficiency. To get max efficiency you need 2 mods.

I'm quite the power spammer, and i do fine with 60 efficiency. I always carry energy pads though.

Even if i do run a full efficiency and flow build, that's 3 mods. i use 1 for defense, 2 for augments and the other 2 go to boosting any other attribute.

Personally, i feel most frames do well enough at base range, strength and duration. I rarely worry about those too much unless I'm under 50%.

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Even if i do run a full efficiency and flow build, that's 3 mods. i use 1 for defense, 2 for augments and the other 2 go to boosting any other attribute.

And for me there is not enough slots to build good abilities(often not even enough for abilities) and protection so I'm forced to run at no protection at all in most cases(default shields/health).