The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you people farm for rare primes?

Endorphinz

Question

Since the starmap 3.0 and void 2.0 rolled out, everything seemed really nice and simple at first, but after getting back into farming, I realize that there is still quite a bit of frustration left in the system. My biggest question for you is, when it comes time to farm for the rarest components in the void relics, what are the new procedures you use to cut down on the grinding? It can't be as easy as getting 4 people together each with the same 100% refined relic, because not only would that take forever to assemble, there's currently no way to check what relics the others in your squad have equipped, as far as I know. Any tips would be appreciated @.@

10 answers to this question

I used to farm rare parts to make plat, I have NEVER gotten an Ash BP until after fissures released. When I used an uncharged key and got Ash BP, I knew the market was about to get no scoped, sold it for 40p (used to be 100-120), and havnt touched them since. I will be farming traces after the capacity change Sheldon made, but after that it's waiting for nekros time 

I usually just spam the relic if i have even if isn't refined, if you get lucky you will get or not... but the good part you may get another rare prime part, not the one you want but if you sell that part you can buy the part you want.
You can try find people with the same relic to get high percentage chance even if you dont have refined, today for example I wanted Mag Blueprint so I just spammed the Relic with my friend and two other people and after like 6 run we got it. Without refining.

24 minutes ago, marcosds14 said:

I usually just spam the relic if i have even if isn't refined, if you get lucky you will get or not... but the good part you may get another rare prime part, not the one you want but if you sell that part you can buy the part you want.
You can try find people with the same relic to get high percentage chance even if you dont have refined, today for example I wanted Mag Blueprint so I just spammed the Relic with my friend and two other people and after like 6 run we got it. Without refining.

Well I'd heard that the bottom item on a void relic has a 2% chance of dropping, which is even more astronomically rare than the lowest drop percents of the old void keys. Not sure if that's a fact, but it seems very possible.

8 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

Well I'd heard that the bottom item on a void relic has a 2% chance of dropping, which is even more astronomically rare than the lowest drop percents of the old void keys. Not sure if that's a fact, but it seems very possible.

2% if you're solo.  It stacks when you team up AFAIK

As far as farming for the rare Primes go, I have a handful of trustworthy people that I go with and it works out well for me.  We use the in game chat to coordinate Relics and to date have earned several copies of the rare Primes.

8 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

2% if you're solo.  It stacks when you team up AFAIK

Not as such. Just that everyone who brings the same Relic also has a 2% (or whatever) chance to generate the rare reward. So if it doesn't come up on your Relic it might (and the emphasis is on might) come up on theirs.

Personally I feel that Radiant refinement should offer a larger boost than it currently does since you have to do anywhere between 7 and 12 missions on average to generate enough Traces for that level of refinement. But with the forthcoming changes and expanded MR cap on Traces it might be a less harsh environment and balance things out a little in that regard.

Just now, WrathAscending said:

Not as such. Just that everyone who brings the same Relic also has a 2% (or whatever) chance to generate the rare reward. So if it doesn't come up on your Relic it might (and the emphasis is on might) come up on theirs.

Personally I feel that Radiant refinement should offer a larger boost than it currently does since you have to do anywhere between 7 and 12 missions on average to generate enough Traces for that level of refinement. But with the forthcoming changes and expanded MR cap on Traces it might be a less harsh environment and balance things out a little in that regard.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. ^.^

1 hour ago, Endorphinz said:

@Endorphinz  On the contrary, old void also had 2% chance for rare items, and it gets worse if the rares are dilluted with several others. i.e: Say that there are three rares in the old void, your chances of getting what you want is 0.66% at best.

In the new relic system, your chances stacks with your teammates' relics. Have a pre-organized group and you can have 8% chance. Have all the group use Exceptional relic and you can have 40% chance at most. Most prominent of them all is that you can pick what your teammates get.

By all means, relic system is abysmally better than old void system. Please elaborate if you think otherwise.

Edited by Twilight053

18 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

@Endorphinz  On the contrary, old void also had 2% chance for rare items, and it gets worse if the rares are dilluted with several others. i.e: Say that there are three rares in the old void, your chances of getting what you want is 0.66% at best.

In the new relic system, your chances stacks with your teammates' relics. Have a pre-organized group and you can have 8% chance. Have all the group use Exceptional relic and you can have 40% chance at most. Most prominent of them all is that you can pick what your teammates get.

By all means, relic system is abysmally better than old void system. Please elaborate if you think otherwise.

I actually did some math, and it sounds like you are correct (1 - .98^4 = around .08). Either way, the part that was getting me confused was the collaboration effort, as it is wildly different than it was before. Searching for teams is just different, the relics all have such strange names.