Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Equip Screen Addition Ideas

PhoeniixFiire

I have a couple ideas for additions to the mod equip screen in the arsenal.

First of all, whenever I polarize a mod slot, the warframe/weapon/companion obviously goes back to 0 and all of my mods get uninstalled. Generally speaking, most players are going to want to use the same or very similar builds once they fully level their warframe/weapon/companion and it really sucks to lose those setups and having to recreate them from memory, or like I do, take a picture of each. It would be really nice if these builds could be saved in some way instead of all the mods getting removed. What I'm thinking is instead of removing them, simply disable them. Leave them in the slots but grey them out and disable them behind the scenes. Also add a checkbox for every slot to manually enable/disable mods, this way if a mod we want is disabled because it goes over capacity, let us disable a different mod and enable that one, without having to actually move/remove any mods and effectively preserve our builds for the time when we're fully leveled again. This would also be useful when, for a certain mission, we may need to switch our aura mod to something different, and it may give us less capacity bonus or (heaven forbid) it's polarity doesn't match the slot, causing our capacity to drop below what's being used. With this new addition, we could simply disable a mod that's not as necessary and then swap the aura for that one mission, and thus preserving our original build for when we want to switch back.

Another idea, and this goes along with the one above, is to give us the ability to replace a mod without actually removing it. Basically what it would look like is placing a mod on top of another, thus disabling the one that was already in the slot and the new one placed on top would then be the active mod for that slot. This could even be expanded to having a stack of mods on a slot, and giving us a UI to select which mod we would like to "bring to the top" or enable for that slot, but this way we can keep track of which mods we usually use for this slot. I often swap mods temporarily for certain missions, or say for sorties that have specific modifiers that make certain mods pointless (for instance, reducing energy to 25, thus making flow useless, and for that mission I would probably swap it for an efficiency mod or something else), so for that one mission I would swap mods and then swap back afterwards. The problem is, sometimes it's hard to remember which mod you had to begin with, so this system would give us an easy way to have "sub-configs" if you will, allowing us to make small changes without either have to remember which mods were there before, or making a whole new config. I often have 3 completely different configs and simply can't create a whole new one just for a single mission.

Another thing I would like added is the ability to temporarily downgrade a mod to fit the capacity limit. We spend so much time and resources upgrading these mods, then comes that dreaded moment you have 1 less capacity than you need to put on the mod, so we're forced to keep multiple mods of each type at different levels. This is okay for things like Redirection and Vitality because we get tons of them, but what about Primed Flow? I only have one and really don't want to pay all those ducats, or even plat, just to get another one. What this also means is that very often I end up keeping certains mods, like said Primed Flow, at a lower rank than max because I know that I won't then be able to use it on certain warframes. This is really a bummer as I would love to max some of the rare mods I have, but I just can't afford losing the ability to use them on other frames that can't handle the capacity drain. So, I'd love you to give us a way to, per config, set what rank a mod will be used at from between 0 to whatever we've currently upgraded it to. For example, say I have Primed Flow at rank 8 (12 capacity), but on the warframe I want to put it on I only have 10 capacity available, but I don't want to just put on a regular flow because I wouldn't get as much of a benefit. In this instance I would then select the new UI button hovering next to the mod that would allow me to choose the new temporary rank for the mod, and once chosen this mod would now be set to rank 6 for this specific config.

What do you guys think? Sound off below with new ideas/tweaks/concerns/questions.

I would love to be able to copy/paste builds between my configs.  

Right now, I use Config A on a 'frame, but I don't want to spend the time writing down the mods I'm using, switch to Config B and put them in, then making the changes.  If I could go to Config B, click a button that says "Copy Mods From Config A" and then make changes, I would love that.