Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insufficient memory error

mestuajix2

This has been happening twice when i play Warframe. At first it runs just fine at around 40-50 fps, and after a while the game texture went nuts and then the game exit and shows the "insufficient memory" error message. Any fix?

PC Spec:

Intel I5-4460 3.20 ghz

Nvidia GTX 750 2gb

8gb DDR3

*Edit:

i just noticed that the error only appear when i play on orokin derelict tileset

Edited by mestuajix2

Simple answer Warframe runs approx 2.7 GB's of ram on its own, so the rest of your ram was probably hogged by some other program.

I suggest closing Chrome and any other program(Non essential) that hogs your ram and try again.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Can you see that something like system and compressed memory is not hogging your ram or something else, otherwise set the game settings to low and set each of them higher each time.

To see which setting or just if this even helps if so we can determine what is using more resources then needed with warframe.

although it may be a good thought to get more ram in your system if possible, because I have like 32GB of ram and have no issues at all.

Also yes my system has more ram but this should not be the issue for you I suppose, did you check for viruses or other malware that could cause this?

I suggest Malwarebytes as a free option that could remove the buggers: https://malwarebytes.com

Chao, The Roaring Lion

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot stand that @TheRoaringLion addresses CPU RAM only without asking about GPU RAM which is probably the real issue here. @mestuajix2 It does matter which resolution you play at since your GPU supports UHD, and try if toggling Texture Memory as found in OPTIONS > DISPLAY helps you. Monitoring memory usage can be done with free tools like MSI Afterburner if you would like to see exact numbers.

GTX 750 is a decent processor which should be fine with 2GB of memory but it can get overwhelmed by high settings of course.