The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros desecrate toggle - a nerf or a buff?

Sannidor

3 minutes ago, Ketec said:

You miss the large number of healt orbs and simaris orb -> armor augment. The health lost vs constant armor buff makes you way more tanky.

True but augments take away from other needed slots and my build is amazing. I just think nekros is a support class and isnt supposed to tank. That is why I dont buil shield of shadows build.

On 7/23/2016 at 4:17 PM, Trayzerlol said:

4...Army Of Useless Shadow Clowns:  Nekros summons 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 shadow copies of HIS most recently slain enemies. The copies retain the level and stats of their original selves but will gain 25% / 50% / 75% / 150% damage and 15% / 35% / 65% / 100% health. 

this ability...long story short: it's useless because of:

- the cast time which takes longer to complete than excavation sorties with eximus stronkhold stipulation

- getting kills as nekros to even get shadow clowns

- clutter on the screen for the entire team to "enjoy"

- shadow clowns are as useful as sunika dogs and as strong as mr. satan from DBZ.

- they move at continental drift speed.

I really loved this explanation.  Made my whole day.

Warframe community: DE plz change Nekros' Desecrate to a toggle in an area around him, it will make him more playable and less unhealthy overall.

Also Warframe Community, after DE announces those exact changes: Why would you do this to us? It's going to ruin Desecrate! There is so much unhealthy gameplay elements with the proposed changes and it will get me less loot. He will now be impossible to build properly, and there are too many necessary mods for him to have. Plus, now I can't gain energy passively! RIP Nekros 2016.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sometimes there is no winning with people. How about we suggest tweaks after it's been released, instead of jumping on it before we know all the exact details of this change?

34 minutes ago, (PS4)haffmo said:

Since shadows of the dead is the ultimate it should be the toggle. Desecrate could be similiar to provoke pacify. Always on unless nullifier hits him. Allowing for energy pads and trinity still viable. 

Not because it is a toggle ability it means that trinity or energy pad don't work. You can deactivate for a second and recover energy. Trinity give energy so fast that it doesn't really matter that it is a toggle ability.

1 hour ago, mindlord0013 said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sometimes there is no winning with people. How about we suggest tweaks after it's been released, instead of jumping on it before we know all the exact details of this change?

That would be perfect, however it is imposible to win as you said. It is sad because DE have put so much effort in this game and the path they have gone to get here is a tortuous one.

I believe in constructive criticism but most of the time here at the forum we only get doom treads.

3 hours ago, mindlord0013 said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sometimes there is no winning with people.

Think the old saying you can't please everyone would be more accurate. I never asked for such a change and thus am unhappy to hear about it. Constructively I would say leave Desecrate alone as I like it as is and instead buff the AI on Shield of Shadows and make the shadows faster.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

2 hours ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:
2 hours ago, Cryostasisprotoss said:

Not because it is a toggle ability it means that trinity or energy pad don't work. You can deactivate for a second and recover energy. Trinity give energy so fast that it doesn't really matter that it is a toggle ability.

Do you turn off WOF to gain energy ? I doubt it. You lose a lot of kills that way. Nekros would lose some desecration with same logic. Pacify provoke is the perfect setup. Add bonus with only needing  to be in range. Toggle is a nerf. Does energy drain even if no dead bodies are around like most toggles?

3 hours ago, (PS4)haffmo said:
18 minutes ago, (PS4)haffmo said:

Do you turn off WOF to gain energy ? I doubt it. You lose a lot of kills that way. Nekros would lose some desecration with same logic. Pacify provoke is the perfect setup. Add bonus with only needing  to be in range. Toggle is a nerf. Does energy drain even if no dead bodies are around like most toggles?

4 hours ago, mindlord0013 said:

yes if I need energy. I don't use ember but I use equinox that is pretty similar to maim and when I need energy I turn it off, regain energy in a second and I activate it again. I don't see the issue here. 

Even in exterminate where most people use ember or equinox you can stop for a second. I don't do that because I never run out of energy in this mission type but in survival is another story.

If I'm not having to spam a button to ensure as many bodies get desecrated as possible before they vanish, then that gives me time to spray every body, living or dead, with a Kohm to shred everything (and reload it), which should actually improve loot.

On July 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Does nothing to help in game situations? Then what are all those health orbs for?

It takes 30 of them to fully heal a Warframe with base 100 health and maxed Vitality, which requires numerous kills and numerous casts of Desecrate to achieve, as well as requiring players to either run Carrier or run around frantically to benefit from the heal at all. Not to mention that health orbs can't be picked up by Nekros's own summons. 

It is absolutely impractical as a heal. In fact, since it's also RNG based, I'd go so far as to say it is the absolute worst heal in the game. 

5 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

It takes 30 of them to fully heal a Warframe with base 100 health and maxed Vitality, which requires numerous kills and numerous casts of Desecrate to achieve, as well as requiring players to either run Carrier or run around frantically to benefit from the heal at all. Not to mention that health orbs can't be picked up by Nekros's own summons. 

It is absolutely impractical as a heal. In fact, since it's also RNG based, I'd go so far as to say it is the absolute worst heal in the game. 

Stick 2 Arcane Pulse sets on Nekros and he heals quite well.

Edited by cx-dave

2 hours ago, cx-dave said:

Stick 2 Arcane Pulse sets on Nekros and he heals quite well.

That is an absolutely insane amount of effort to make the heal from Desecrate worth anything, and it's also extremely restrictive of loadout choices. Meanwhile Oberon and Trinity can heal their entire team better without countless hours of grind while only casting their abilities once and with more useful Arcanes.  

55 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

That is an absolutely insane amount of effort to make the heal from Desecrate worth anything, and it's also extremely restrictive of loadout choices. Meanwhile Oberon and Trinity can heal their entire team better without countless hours of grind while only casting their abilities once and with more useful Arcanes.  

Arcane Pulse is a very common drop in LoR. It heals your teammates in range and yourself. You can be self sufficient and won't have to rely on another frame. No waiting around if you want to jump into a public match on Akkad for a Nano Spore farm and very good for solo as well.

I don't see how this makes anything restrictive. Warframes are like tools to me. When I have a specific task in mind I use what's appropriate for the job.

• 1 month later...
On 27.7.2016 at 10:41 PM, (XB1)Fysher said:

Anyone else like the idea of having it 3-4corpses at a time, that could be increased with power strength.  and then on a reverse timer with power strength or duration (making the timer go faster and pop more often)?

Naaa, i dont have time for Babysitting and sometimes when it gets hot i have to keep an eye on my teammates. 

Or at last DM gives the Nekro an option to get specific shadows, like an healer, dd, buff, or whatever. 

But is used mostly the desecrate build of my Nekro and now after the changes i would say: The best way to play a Nekro, is not to play a Nekro.