The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Rework Suggestions

Dohako

Hi, Everyone I just like to share my ideals on a few things with rhino's abilities.

1. Rhino's Second Ability Iron Skin. Why not make it SCALE INDEFINITELY? like Loki, Inaros, Ivara, Excalibur, etc... Simply put have the Iron Skin operate as its own calculator or mind to where it scales off the damage output strictly from the enemy. Like if you are going up against an enemy and that enemy shoots at you the iron skin take that damage into account and then give you the amount of HP needed to go up against 25 of those enemies. (i.e. a LVL 1000 Bombard blast you with a rocket the iron skin calculates that you need 150k HP or if a LVL 10 Bombard blast you with a rocket the iron skin calculates that you need 1500 HP.) I would suggest that the invulnerable timer gets increased from 3s to 5s. The reasons being giving the iron skin time to calculate the necessary HP for the LVL of  enemy you are facing, Some enemies' weapons have travel time that we have to account for, and if you don't received any damage within those 5 second iron skin will not activate and your energy spent will be refunded back to you( Trying to get out of that ROTISSERIE CHICKEN MENTALITY JUST SET IT AND FORGET IT.) Also that helps players whom don't want to bring a certain weapon to constantly blast at the ground to achieved a high HP on iron skin and since it scales it doesn't have to be a player with 50k HP on their iron skin going up against LVL 17 enemies. Its a win-win for everybody to can take rhino into the early and late-game. All you will need is to get hit by ONE SHOT by the enemies' weapon and the iron skin calculates the damage and the lvl of enemy it came from. (i.e. 15%/25%/40%/50% damage absorption calculation or something goofy like that on the description of the ability affected by power strength.) Last give it a 100% hard-capped don't need any HP working like Overshields. (i.e. if a LVL 100 Bombard blast you and you don't have any power strength mods on, but you are maxed rank at LVL 30 so 50% of that would be 20k HP. Then if you do have on power strength mods at max rank LVL 30 so 100% of that would 40k HP.)
  2. Rhino's Third Ability Roar. I would suggest a damage buff from 50% to 100% 
  3. Rhino's Fourth Ability Rhino Stomp. I would suggest a  damage buff as well from 800 to 1500, but we all know damage falls-off into the lategame. So, I would like to make a better suggestions with an augment mod for Rhino. Why not make Rhino's Augment for Rhino Stomp like Ash's Seeking Shuriken? We all know that Rhino Stomp damage falls-off later in the game and get used mostly for CC with the Stasis affect. Now if that's the only thing we are relying on is the stasis affect from Rhino Stomp for CC we are in bad shape because the Stasis King is Booban. So why not make Rhino Stomp remove armor from enemies affected only by the stasis? Enemies in the air have 70% of their armor removed but once out of stasis the enemies' armor is completely restored. It could be call it Vulnerable Stomp or something goofy like that. The Augment would be affected by power strength and power duration.
Edited by Dohako

Rhino doesn't really need a rework, he's kinda a support tank. Think of him as an emergency ambulance whenever someone's in a pinch. We got inaros fpr the damage sponge tank so we don't really need another (and scaling iron skin wpuld be kinda op don't you think? At least loki and ivara still takes damage)

sure, lets buff rhino's roar, not like it scales off with power strength or anything, and not like it multiplies the overall damage that anyone deals, lets buff that

on a serious note, only thing i want, for my rhino tank fantasies anyway, is make it so that enemies that were in range when you casted roar will aggro to you

Only thing I'd say Rhino needs rework wise is to swap the Charge/Rhino Stomp synergy and Ironclad charge. As in: Ironclad Charge is now baseline part of Charge and the bonus Charge Damage to Rhino Stomped targets is now an augment mod. 

Because right now Ironclad Charge is practically mandatory, and mandatory augments should be built into the skill, hands down. 

Edited by Gelkor

7 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Only thing I'd say Rhino needs rework wise is to swap the Charge/Rhino Stomp synergy and Ironclad charge. As in: Ironclad Charge is now baseline part of Charge and the bonus Charge Damage to Rhino Stomped targets is now an augment mod. 

Because right now Ironclad Charge is practically mandatory, and mandatory augments should be built into the skill, hands down. 

Exactly my thoughts - and besides that he needs an actual useful passive... every melee slam attack should trigger the heavy impact for instance (and the effect needs more range).

Err nope, Rhino is perfectly fine as he is. Because I tend to play when I am away from home on S#&$ty hotel wifi or even my mobile phone I usually have to solo, and Rhino is one of two go to frames because he fills the tank role so well.

Edited by HexCaliber

Err... I feel like rhino is in a pretty good place.

Your iron skin suggestion is interesting, but DE is systematically removing anything in game that scales with enemies.  They don't want us having fun by playing endless missions as long as we want.  In general, I find that an iron skin of over 5000 base damage absorption covers most content.  Were I to use both armor mods it would start to get ridiculous, especially with the charge augment.  The only rework to iron skin i'd like is the ability to refresh it without needing an augment or to jump off a cliff.

Your roar request seems like asking for perhaps too much power  My rhino at 299 power strength has a roar with a damage multiplier of 2.49, at your numbers it would likely rival a specific mirage build  that gives like 5x dmg but they have to be right next to you.

I agree rhino stomp damage can be lacking,but its CC power is very high - sometimes map lockdown range.  I would rather the damage stay the same but it does its damage even if the enemies are already stunned.  This makes multi stomping a possible mini banshee kill skill.  I don't feel like vauban is all that far ahead of rhino for CC because with the right setup I can easily have a 12-19 second long stop that I can recast forever anyway and at up to 62 meters.  The augment idea sounds amazing though and I support it since frost already does the same thing with a plain avalanche.

Edited by Avereth

while I'm all for tanking as Rhino, the truth is that he's already been reworked, and is fine where he is.

- Iron skin is better now than it was before, and I feel that if it were too get another buff, the amount of "Ironskin2win" Rhino's (who already give him a bad name) would increase further. Rhino is intended as a support tank, who can CC and buff allies in even the harshest conditions, even when taking a lot of damage.

- Roar shouldn't be too overpowered, and with a duration build the buff can last for over a minute easily. plus it would sort of take away from Banshee, the only frame that provides a buff that lets you one shot enemies (and that's assuming you're accurate enough to hit the Sonar Spots)

-Stomp is a CC skill. the damage isn't meant to be a major part of it. plus you can Charge affected enemies for more damage, although I do think you're onto something with armour removal. that's always a nice thing to have when fighting Grineer.

Buff Iron Skin?

200_s.gif

Rinout.gif

Not like you already can't spam it with a almost instantaneous cast.

Roar buff? Sure, but 1/15 of the Rhin00bs I team with use Roar near the team, they are usually 2 to 4 rooms away going nuts on melee against some heavy unit instead of defending the objective.

Stomp damage? I want my Volt Overload damage back first.

Edited by Harloq
Broken BB

I never said BUFF iron skin. I just suggested a SIDE-GRADE or make the mechanics of the ironskin operate differently to the POINT IT SEEMS LIKE IT SCALES.

(I.E. LVL 3000 BOMBARD blasts you with a rocket and iron skin act as its on calculator giving enough HP OF 120K, BUT LVL 30 BOMBARD blast you with a rocket and iron skin calculates that all you need is 5k HP to go against the level of enemy.) IRON SKIN WILL NOT SCALE OFF YOUR ARMOR VALUE ANYMORE, BUT IT WILL SCALE OFF THE DAMAGE OUTPUT OF THE ENEMY. This suggestion help players don't have to bring a CERTAIN WEAPON TYPE to achieved high HP on Ironskin or those some players to FACETANK MERCURY WITH 50K HP GO UP AGAINST LVL 17 ENEMIES. I merely suggested a side-grade have IRON SKIN BE ITS ON CALCULATOR.

Roar getting a little DAMAGE BUFF from 50% to 100%. While other frames like *cough chroma *cough with MAX POWER STRENGTH CAN ACHIEVE +822.25% DAMAGE MULTIPLIER? I'll wait...

What Rhino actually needs is some QOL to make him feel more awesome to play:

-Rhino charge needs to have a sound and visual effect play when he rams into people because right now it feels kinda disconnected. Play the Impact Proc sound when he hits something with a charge and show a blast when the enemy gets knocked away.

-Let him cast Rhino Stomp in the air. When you cast it, he loses all jump momentum, and plummets straight down, and the effect triggers when he lands.

-Let Rhino turn off Iron skin by default ,without needing the augment. You JUST turn it off, no explosion, so the augment still has an use.

I like how the OP is treating these massive buffs like 50% extra damage on his 3 as "tiny buffs".

Rhino is nice, the only thing we should tweak is iron skin recast augment - let's make it "explode old skin and immediately create new one".

Also bit longer stomp stasis would be good(it does good damage but stasis is a bit short even with big duration mods).

And we need longer stasis as it can't affect bosses/targets anymore(so we have more time to poke that madly running thing while others hang themselves in air).

On 24/7/2016 at 0:32 PM, Dohako said:

Roar getting a little DAMAGE BUFF from 50% to 100%. While other frames like *cough chroma *cough with MAX POWER STRENGTH CAN ACHIEVE +822.25% DAMAGE MULTIPLIER? I'll wait...

except chroma cant share said buff with anyone...its a self buff, yes powerfull as hell but unlike rhino it actually needs you "as the player" to know what you are doing or you end dying from damage...so just stay away from comparing chroma and rhino.